You are in... Forums > General > General > Inquest verdict

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Rugbyman

Jul 08

Rugbyman says:

Inquest verdict

on a biker killed 200yrds from where I work. What a way to blacken his name.

Burton Mail

Evidence shows that he was travelling between 43 & 51 mph, OK still over the 30mph limit, but as witnesses estimated his speed at 60 - 80 he was probably going faster than the evidence suggests. What sort of crap is that. I suppose if a vagrant asleep under Burton Bridge claimed he was woken by a motorbike travelling in excess of 100mph that would gain more acceptance than the real evidence. :mad:

RIP Kevin

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (17 May 2013 08:25)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
52 Black Shadow

Apr 03

Have read the story..............

Sorry Mate,  Having read the story I don't think they've blackened his name.  None of the witnesses suggested the riding was normal, all suggest the riding was reckless and dangerous.  The evidence suggests that when he started to skid he was travelling at between 43 and 51.  To me, that suggests he managed to slow a bit before he started to skid?

Did you know him personally?  or is this another thread standing up for him just because he was on a motorbike?

No offense meant, but just because he was on a bike it doesn't make him innocent of everything.

Ride safe,

Shad. 

Reply to this Topic
jon66

Feb 09

jon66 says:

built in speed detectors

i love the way others can judge a bikes speed , aye right so they can , because we can accelarate and overtake bikes are seen to be doing double the spedd they probably are and riding reckless because you overtook someone that it irritates ,oh and i  dont condone excess speed in towns speed limits are there for all users ,

Reply to this Topic
Rugbyman

Jul 08

Rugbyman says:

Hi Shad

No offense taken. I am not one to stand up for bikers just because they are bikers. There are nutters out there.

I had met and ridden with Kevin a couple of times on Easter Egg runs but didn't know him well.

Admittedly the times I rode with him were under controlled conditions but he didn't strike me as a reckless rider.

The garage that MOT's my bike knew him and Graham very well and I spoke to them last year just after the incident. They were shocked to hear of his death and the rumours flying around then about crazy riding.

The paper at the time started a hunt for the 'rider who left the scene' The garage said Graham told them that he hadn't realised what had happened until he pulled up for a break. He couldn't retrace his tracks far enough to find out as the road was closed so he rode home.
He went to the police station as soon as he was made aware.

And, I agree probably wasn't innocent, very few of us are.

As you say

Ride safe
Rugs

Reply to this Topic
Rugbyman

Jul 08

Rugbyman says:

Witnesses

Jon, couldn't agree more about so called witnesses. When I came off my bike, one witness in a police statement estimated my speed in excess of 100mph (I saw the statement). My actual speed was closer to 25 mph. Fortunately, both the police and the insurance company took notice of the actual evidence, no appreciable skidmarks and the bike only slid about 30 ft down the road.

Rugs

(edited to correct spelling mistake - wouldn't want the grammar police to pick up on it :lol:)

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices