Skip to content

Discuss This No plans for IOM national speed limit General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > No plans for IOM national speed limit

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

No plans for IOM national speed limit

The Manx government has said there are no plans for a national speed limit after a coroner accused it of “putting innocent lives at unacceptable risk”. Coroner of Inquests John Needham said the government had a duty “to protect all people sometimes from risks that they wish to impose upon themselves”.He was speaking at the inquest of a motorcyclist who...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (17 May 2013 14:07)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
TrumpetTriple

Aug 02

Well...

Common sensa has won through ... People need tio live sometimes, glad we don't have more John Needhams out there that's for sure.

Reply to this Topic
BigKev86

Mar 10

BigKev86 says:

Obviously....

Colliding with the truck at 60/70 MPH would have been far safer and the biker would have walked away! "putting innocent lives at unnacceptable risk"  the biker knew what he/she was doing and had the good grace to harm only him/herself. Spot on IOM Government ignore the fun police. We all know the main function of speed limits is to raise money through speed cameras anyway.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
romford4

Oct 05

romford4 says:

Coroner of Inquests

John Needham said the government had a duty “to protect all people sometimes from risks that they wish to impose upon themselves”.

FFS... this is utterly pathetic.  Without taking risks, the human race would never have accomplished all those great achievements over the years.  Invention, development of drugs, and air travel to name but three.  All things that have undoubtably benefitted John Needham's life as well as everyone else on the planet.  Without risk takers and people who push the boundaries, we would all still be living in the dark ages.

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

I once reached an indicated 65 in a 60 limit

Of course, I handed myself and my license in at the nearest police station because as we all know, everybody always obeys the posted limit at all times without exception in the UK.

Reply to this Topic
Fly by night

Sep 07

Fly by night says:

Close call

If only all govts had the same level of sanity as the manx govt the world would be a lot better.

Well done to the manx govt for not listening to j n for he clearly knows not what he says.

He would have been better off talking about parking issues by the looks of things.

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

"Everyone's right to life shall be protected by law.” That is the key to Article 2 of the European Convention of Human Rights, ok then.. 

A right to life? a life that's sterile with no hope of excitement, a life bereft of adrenaline, a life so protected by do gooders and red tape, a life mundanely driving a cage while texting friends. The IOM is a place where you can escape the legislated monotony, ride free and unbridled , to make your own decisions (what ever the outcome RIP :upset: )......now that is freedom. 

Hands off the IOM, EU fucktards

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
ninja12

Dec 03

ninja12 says:

Speed limit

If they did impose a speed limit bike tourism would stop over night and 99% of all the hotels would probably close! Good on you Manx Gov we come over every year so we don't have to worry about speed limits , we ride fast but responsibly , every biker should try the mountain road , best I've ever ridden! See u in September !!

Reply to this Topic
yzf07

Feb 10

yzf07 says:

70 mph

my bike does that in first gear. Good on the Manx Goverment, see u on Mad Sunday.

Reply to this Topic
walter ego

Sep 02

walter ego says:

Manx speed limits

Putting innocent lives at risk ......horseshit What about the euro wide smoking and drinking that all the goverments have a rake off from ? The hypocrisy stinks , this man is the token voice of the sycophants who have to be seen to be " doing something " Normally that means target the minority pastimes what will not cost votes while reinforcing the self denial of smokers and drinkers who recklessly disregard themselves and others lives Politically correct today will date ..go home with your wrist wringing platitudes Let the bikers ride , we live more in a week than all the tofu eating , tree hugging ,knit your own yogurt merchants will ever do if they live (exist?) to be 100

Reply to this Topic
JustBe

May 09

JustBe says:

hmm

I just travel the natural speed I can, ignore the speed limit....... perfectly safe. I can do 180mph on the Motorway, so I do it and haven't crashed from it once.... yet most my crashes come at 30mph thanx to cagers being fucking blind twats.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices