Skip to content

HONDA Video: Honda CB500X first ride CB500X

You are in... Forums > HONDA > CB500X > Video: Honda CB500X first ride

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Video: Honda CB500X first ride

In the beginning came the Honda CB500F naked and CBR500R sports, now here's the adventure-styled 'X' version of Honda's new twin. Was it worth the wait? brightcove.createExperiences();

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (17 May 2013 14:47)

Post a message in CB500X

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
TinkerNZ

Oct 09

TinkerNZ says:

Pity it was'nt a video for the first ride on a CX500B, then i might of actually watched it.

Reply to this Topic
MotorcycleExtremist

May 13

Too Small Discplacement

If they would have made the Honda CB500X a CB650X, or better yet a CB700X or even CB800X replacement or alternative to the car-engined NC700X scooter-wannabe-motorcycle snooze machine, I'd be buying one right now, but being only around 471cc, it’s really more of a 450 than a 500, and simply doesn't have enough power many uses. As for current bikes within that category, the Kawasaki Ninja 650 is the far better choice overall.

Reply to this Topic
sack1

Aug 02

sack1 says:

You need remember..

..these are made to entice newer riders into the sport in a way that few current bikes have shown they can. In that regard they do just fine and are proving to generate renewed traffic into dealerships. I think they are spot on, well played Honda!

Bt the way, the NC700 does not use a car engine, it merely uses design elements from the Honda Fit engine. It's a relatively low revving engine, but so too are several others. From what I hear it too does just fine when you run it like it should be and delivers exceptional fuel mileage. Add to that typical Honda reliability and durability, with dealers everywhere and they make a strong case for themselves.

Reply to this Topic
MotorcycleExtremist

May 13

More to the Point

I understand all of that, but that wasn't really my main point. My main point is that I wish Honda would build an Adventure bike that isn't a Super scooter in disguise; a purely basic utility device/appliance with boring engine performance, but rather something actually fun to ride, and with the power to do some real two up riding, short-touring, and more. They have absolutely nothing in the category of a Kawasaki Ninja 650 or Versys, and I really with they did. They have nothing whatsoever for the experienced rider that wants some decent performance and fun out of their Adventure/touring bike, but not weighing in at around 700+ pounds like their ST1300 or VFR behemoths...

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

Agreed with all the sentiments below. Where is the CBR1100XX replacement from Honda? They've dug themselves into a hole full of misplaced, Franken-bikes.

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

They're in a hole full of cash though

Since they're spanking the arses off of every other marque in the UK in volume sales.

MotorcycleExtremist, does the XL700V Transalp not tick your "adventure" boxes?  If not, why not?

Reply to this Topic
domster

Sep 12

domster says:

New 500's

Wouldn't new restrictable 6-800cc Varadero's appeal to more people, especially as the Hyperstrada is so limited?

Reply to this Topic
exceledsteve

Apr 10

exceledsteve says:

Don't forget...

The Crossrunner. Ticks the boxes needing ticking here and then some. Bit pricey but there are some bargains about if you don't mind slightly second hand. A lot of bike and great to ride.

Reply to this Topic
MotorcycleExtremist

May 13

Response to "Rogerborg" (XL700V Transalp)

Hi "Rogerborg". The XL700V Transalp looks to be a really good bike, but since I'm across the pond over here in the States I couldn't buy one if I wanted to, because Honda does not import them here. Beyond that, from reading up on it a bit I think the bike does't have quite the street performance I'm looking for, and is more off-road biased than I'd need, but I wouldn't necessarily rule it out of any consideration because of that. I say give it more engine power and performance, add a 6-speed trans, and import it to America!

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

Ah, right, you said "Ninja 650" as well.

Markets are curious, you can't swing a chain in the UK without hitting an "Adventure" bike, it's (IMO) the most competitive sector now.

They do make a good deal of sense over here, with our disintegrating roads and a high position to aid visibility while filtering ("lane splitting").  I'm moderately tempted myself, down at the BMW G650GS end of the market.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices