Skip to content

HONDA Video: Honda CB500X first ride CB500X

You are in... Forums > HONDA > CB500X > Video: Honda CB500X first ride

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Video: Honda CB500X first ride

In the beginning came the Honda CB500F naked and CBR500R sports, now here's the adventure-styled 'X' version of Honda's new twin. Was it worth the wait? brightcove.createExperiences();

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (17 May 2013 14:47)

Post a message in CB500X

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
mercymercyred

Jan 10

spot on

The market does not need anymore big,powerful,crap MPG,bikes. To get more people on bikes the likes of the NC700 and 500 series of bikes are perfect for commuting and having fun on you can hit 100mph + on them huge mpg. The power ranger and Ewan & charlie wannabes are fine but to get the masses and younger people on bikes we need these smaller bikes. Look at the 125cc market its keeping the bike industry afloat at the moment. The developing markets i.e, India, china and brazil have literally thousands of smaller cc bikes on the road everywhere and people use them daily to carry the kitchen sink on.

Reply to this Topic
rlf3

Jan 10

rlf3 says:

Transport

Sack1 said "entice newer riders into the sport"

Riding on the roads isn't a sport, its transport.

Honda is trying to build a range of bikes that are practical transport and for that I applaud them.

Now if only they would ditch chain drive once and for all and fit centrestands.

And get rid of the 270 crank in the NC motor. Bleurgh.

Reply to this Topic
RoadRashSpirit

Jan 10

MCN Review

Really looking forward to getting one of these bikes. I do alot of motorway miles using a Z1000 at the moment and realy want a bike thats comfortable, well balanced under load and good on fuel. I must say though I was very disapointed with the review in the mcn last week. I was really looking forward to reading about this bike and found the article was very general and bland, spending more time talking about the new 500 family rather than giving a specific picture of this particular model. I finished reading the article feeling I knew little more than I had before. The article didnt paint a picture of what the bike felt like or any details as to what the bike might be like in the real world. Apart from a quick comparison of the dash nothing was said about what accesories might come with the bike. Maby I'm being picky and a further road test in the UK is to follow, but I think MCN has a duty to inform the consumer and not just report on whats new.

Reply to this Topic
gregsfc

Jun 13

gregsfc says:

CB500X or CTX700

I'm across the pond trying to sell my 2013 Piaggio BV350 (Beverly Sport Tourer)and trying to decide between the CB500X and the CTX700. The latter will not be marketed in Europe as far as I can tell, but will be our less-scooter-like-and-wind-protected, more-Americanized version of your Integra. I've looked at and sat on the CB500F. It's a nice bike for the money, but it still leans too far forward for my liking. The CTX700 comes with a fairing, and the venerable 700 power train, but it's a full $1800 more than the 500X. I'm looking for a bike for the long haul that I can ride in all four seasons with good gear. The CB500X is tempting for the money, but as a new rider with the only ride I've ever owned being the current scooter, it's hard for me to know which ride will give me the best value, most reliable service, best mpg, and most comfortable ride for a long, daily, rural, low-speed motorway commute. By low-speed motorway, I mean, in the U.S., we have state highways, single lane, 55 mph speed limits, so I'll be running 55-65 mph; not high speed 70 mph plus for normal, daily riding. I wish too that the author had done a little comparisons for ride quality; say versus the 700X and the Integra.

Reply to this Topic
gregsfc

Jun 13

gregsfc says:

The biggest plus this bike has for me versus the other bikes I'm considering here in the U.S. is its superior fuel capacity and riding range versus the 700X and the CTX700. The CTX700 is billed as a touring bike here, yet has a measly 3.17 gallon capacity. They've traded out fuel capacity for a worthless little cubby that will fit only a pair of gloves or sunglasses.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices