Skip to content

General Whats the best 125? General

You are in... Forums > General > General > Whats the best 125?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Chill96

May 13

Chill96 says:

Whats the best 125?

Right so hello.! i am a new member to this site but im sure you'll all play nice! Im only 16 and my first bike was an aprilia rx50r awesome bike i loved the looks and there was no way i would get a moped! :lol: but now the time has come for a 125 and im going to go down the super sports route, my heart has been set on the yamaha yzfr 125 for months but bang out of no where ive seen a hyosung gt125R and i thought wow that looks awesome so yeah id just like to know your thoughts on the best 125 and what you all advise! thanks!

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (17 May 2013 21:25)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
geoffart

Apr 08

geoffart says:

ybr.125

i love my ybr 125. i also have a gsx650, but the ybr is a lovely learner. just learn the riding skill on it and then upgrade to a bigger bike for riding. but i see youve alread had some bike exp. ok, then id go for a dt125 if i could get hold of one.

above all make sure youre covered in full gear on the road or a crash could put you out of action for a very long time.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

Chill96...

have you got 500 quid?....if you can prise my Son off this it's yours.:ph43r:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Attached images:

1. P3240005  
  2. P5030049  
Reply to this Topic
JAWAPAWA

Sep 10

JAWAPAWA says:

trail bike

the kawasaki KDX 125 is a good bike. Loads of power (KIPS)

they did a full power engine unrestricted. probably illegal though as it would be over 15bhp

As a kid i had one, mine would wheelie in third gear

Reply to this Topic
calamityjane

Jun 12

calamityjane says:

Thats a big bike

for a 125 :lol::lol::lol:

Reply to this Topic
gungerdin8

Feb 11

gungerdin8 says:

if its cheep fun yaz need dude

i remember having a go on a tzr 125 back in the day they were the fastest 125......................i think 

Reply to this Topic
kcmc

Jan 08

kcmc says:

Got to be

an Aprilia RS 125,nothing really comes close,er except:winkie:

Reply to this Topic
ajmcguk

Feb 12

ajmcguk says:

Careful...

Just a word of caution to first check what the DSA will allow you to have, under the new rules (Jan 2013).

For an A1 licence (up to 125cc @ 11kW) you need to be 17. Also, bear in mind that a lot of the 2 strokes will be above that 11kW limit (the NSR mentioned earier is 21kW I believe. The Yamaha though, being a 4 stroke, is 11kW).

I went for the CBR125RR last year (just personal preference). Fortunately the age limit didn't affect me at all (I'm 28) and I even managed to get in on the old licensing rules (passed Mod 2 last November).

The new rules make it so much harder and more complicated.

Reply to this Topic
Chill96

May 13

Chill96 says:

Wow !

Thank you all for your rapid replies! and pictures!  im already feeling right at home on this site, Old(ish)git i think the hard part would be getting your son off it! haha and ajmcguk dont worry im all up to date on the rules! and will soon be turning 17! still very unsure on what the upgrade will be tho :blink:

Reply to this Topic
weasel64

Mar 07

weasel64 says:

personally

I wouldn't worry too much about what 125 you want , if your only using it as a stepping stone till you can get something bigger ( after you've got your license ) , best bet would be just to get a cheapish one that will last till your ready to move up the ladder ( ie ; save yer money ) so when the time comes you'll have more to spend on a bigger bike ..

not much help I know but I don't now the new laws regarding sizes of bikes / bhp / kW , due to the fact that they apply to me ( cos I passed my test in 1982 ) ...

but whatever ya get just have fun & stay safe ...

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices