Skip to content

Discuss This Le Mans Moto2: Redding takes first win! MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Le Mans Moto2: Redding takes first win!

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Simon Patterson  says:

Le Mans Moto2: Redding takes first win!

Scott Redding finally broke his duck to take victory in his first Moto2 race at Le Mans today, 20 years to the day since Alan Carter's win in the same class at the French track. Takaai Nakagami took an early lead after a brilliant start from pole, but soon lost the lead to Pol Espagaro. However, he couldn't get away from...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (19 May 2013 12:21)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
OwainGlyndwr

May 13

OwainGlyndwr says:

Haha ...

... TT - a budding Spalding? Power to Weight ratios? According to Scott, the minimum weight rule has made little difference. Listen to what the man says.

It's like this. Scott has waited 4 long years for this first Moto2 win - that's 4 years to adapt and learn or get out and try something else. Remember, we're talking about taking 4 years to just win one single race - not the championship. 

So he finally gets it. But all of the leaders have strangely crashed-out on the same corner and he's left with little strong opposition when the still-recovering also Luthi crashes. 

He's only up against the likes of Kallio, Aegeter, Simeon and Zarco - not a Moto2 race winner among them. Tough stuff.

But he can only race what's there, and he's just in front (1 sec) when the red flag is suddenly shown 3 laps early. A lot can happen in Moto2 in the last few laps but anyway, Scott is declared the winner.

That's great and I'm pleased for him and for those around him too. But for me, this win lacks the credibility that comes with beating the best. So shoot me.

What's more far more impressive is his new-found consistency this year which has helped him gain a very healthy lead in the championship. 

He looks leaner and more focussed even though his actual body weight is probably about the same. Sorry Spalders but it's nothing to do with power to weight ratio's - never has been. Like a fine Cheddar cheese, it's more to do with Scott maturing.

Strange that none of his 'fans' have commented on it.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

OG...

"He looks leaner and more focussed even though his actual weight is probably about the same. Nothing to do with power to weight ratio's - everything to do with Scott maturing."

Maybe, but the overall weight of bike & rider has to be over 215kg meaning, while he's almost certainly still over it, the 60kg riders don't have the power to weight ratio advantage they used to.

Reply to this Topic
OwainGlyndwr

May 13

OwainGlyndwr says:

Hedgey ...

... against the best, Redding has qualified 4th, 1st, 2nd and 2nd. Power to weight doesn't even enter the equation. For me, his best race was Qatar - even though he didn't win.

Reply to this Topic
markredding

Apr 13

markredding says:

facts

Look we all know from last year that the weight of a rider was an issue. Anyone who watched the races last year and the riders like Marquez who could ride past anyone in a straight line with no problem. What you are saying then it was different engines? We know that could not happen! So weight was obviously an issue coupled with height. As you know any bits hanging outside the fairing will slow you down.This season shows weight changes have made a difference. This season Scott has been the most consistent rider out there, there are faster 1 lappers like Nakagami and there are riders who are suited to certain tracks such as Terol, he wont win another race this year! Out of 100 points on offer Scott has scooped 76 of them.35 more than the favourite this year! I think now the pressure is on all the others and if I am not mistaken it showed Sunday, where was Rabat, Espagaro and Nakagami? Oh yes on the arse in the gravel. What does this kid have to do for people to believe he is the most talented rider out there!

Reply to this Topic
OwainGlyndwr

May 13

OwainGlyndwr says:

Yawn ...

... pipe down Mark (or Uncle No.2). I've explained the situation to you - it's up to you to take note, try to understand and help rectify what (if anything) is wrong. 

Weight is not the issue - Scott has said that the changes in minimum weight make little difference, and his qualifying performances this year support his view but you seem to think you know better.

Seems to me that Scott is finally maturing, despite the dubious input of others around him - thank God for Bart.  

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

Oh dear, Simon Patterson (Moto GP hack)

Considering the long term lack of success Britain has endured at GP level you would think team MCN would get the basics right? Mr. Patterson your first paragraph is a disaster.

It is not Scott's first Moto 2 race but his first Moto 2 race win. 1983 (Carter's 250 win) to 2013 is 30 years which is quite a big deal if you were new to bike GP's and didn't know any different.

Marks for this assignment: "Must try harder".

Apologies to anyone else who has commented on this, didn't have time to read all the posts.

Ciao Mama's!!!

Reply to this Topic
OwainGlyndwr

May 13

OwainGlyndwr says:

Pol ...

... I see that Espagaro doesn't really rate Redding. 

Pol says that Reddings inconsistent, unfit and has many weaknesses - but what would he know?

Reply to this Topic
markredding

Apr 13

markredding says:

Pol.....

Exactly what would Espargaro know he is 24 points behind, cannot stay on two wheels and has done nothing but moan about tyres! Of course he doesn't rate Scott he cannot get near enough to him to make a judgment! lol

Reply to this Topic
AussieInSUI

Mar 13

AussieInSUI says:

could not happen? hmmm

Considering all the different ways that corporations have been caught cheating I think it is absolutely madness to suggest that MM never had a better engine than others. However it is very unlikely. There are also other factors such as how much fuel MM had, the quality of tyres and so on. It cirtainly appeared as though MM had some kind of sizeable advantage given how easy it was for him to pass others on the straight. Personaly I think it came down to 3 factors. MM's ability to race fast, his teams ability to produce a package that was aerodynamicaly sound and handled well and very useful information about the Honda motor from HRC.

That bike of MM's was consistantly smoother than anything else. Quite easy to see this on TV. And lets not forget that Spain is a huge market for motoGP's owner Bridgepoint (Bridgepoint also owns WSBK). So having Spanish riders up the top is profitable for business. motoGP is a business yes?

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices