Skip to content

Discuss This Le Mans MotoGP: Pedrosa takes wet win, Cal second! MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Le Mans MotoGP: Pedrosa takes wet win, Cal second!

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Simon Patterson  says:

Le Mans MotoGP: Pedrosa takes wet win, Cal second!

Dani Pedrosa took his second win of 2013 in wet conditions at Le Mans, ahead of Cal Crutchlow taking his best ever MotoGP finish and rookie Marc Marquez, as mechanical problems relegated Jorge Lorenzo to 7th. Andrea Dovisioso was the surprise leader off the line, making the most of his unexpected front row start to lead from Lorenzo and Pedrosa, before...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 334 days ago (19 May 2013 14:04)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
busaman195

Aug 09

busaman195 says:

great ride cal.

well done to cal,great bit of riding,..

Reply to this Topic
willc955

Jun 12

willc955 says:

racin!

I heart GP.  Can't wait to see it in person at Indy!  Peddy is my pick for that one, too...he really is showing that determination he may have lacked in earlier years. I think Schwantz must've pissed him off and now Dani's gunnin for that 25th win.  Look out for the hat trick at Mugello! 

Cal Crutchlow...rock the f*ck on, dude.  Where in the paddock do they park the dump trucks that haul he and Marquez's balls?  Yamaha are seriously misguided if they don't hang onto this bloke.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Hi CHR

Not looking too good for my 6 race deadline. However the world is full of champions most of whom have short-lived success. Rossi has been at the top of his game for most of his 17 year career.   Owain prince of wales says people wont want to remember him for his failures - they won't - they'll remember him for his 9 world  championships plus 1 (Suzuka 8 hour with  Edwards - on a Superbike).   The second coming (who's hero is Vale) - Marq (the joker) Marquez will take at least 10 years to equal that record - assuming that he'll be around that long.

Champions rise and champions fall but the racing goes on. Long live the champion.

Reply to this Topic
Smackbum

Jun 11

Smackbum says:

Rare blunder by Jorge

Or perhaps rather his team.  Maybe the damp conditions (neither truly wet nor dry) didn't suit their setup, but it will have been a blow to his confidence.  Not sure if he can rely upuon the Hondas getting in each other's way again like last year.

Dani was on top form - knew he had to push hard from the start and once he got there and finally rid himself of Dovi, he was able to control the gap to perfection. Cal was probably the 2nd fastest rider out there, but even if he'd got past Dovi earlier there was no guarantee he could get past Dani.  Marqy Marq was shaky early on, but once the track started to dry a bit the the tyres get squirmy he was by far the fastest rider out there.

Rossi?  Still trying too hard.  I think the technical term is that his ambition outweighs his talent at the moment.  Hopefully he will get back his alien status soon and take some points off his teammate!

It's only fair ....

Reply to this Topic
mickrainey

Feb 13

mickrainey says:

you would have to say that both the factory yamahas were a bit "off", very rare for Lorenzo to suffer like that and even though Rossi passed Lorenzo he really didn't look comfortable.... maybe Rossi is just past it now, or perhaps he just needs more time to re learn how to ride that Yamaha again, I was surprised to see him pass Lorenzo, that must be the first time he's done that in a race in a very long time.... pity he fell off. Great to see Dovi mix it up with Dani for the lead.

Reply to this Topic
Ricky850

Oct 06

Ricky850 says:

Quote of the Day

From Rossi,

"Unfortunately we lost a good chance to get a good result today, I think we had the potential to be with the first three and on the podium. I had a good pace and I was fast and I could fight with the other guys. In that corner, I didn't arrive too fast and didn't feel any mistake, but I felt a bump and lost the front so it's a pity because we lose points and especially the chance to try to have a good podium here.”

He must be talking about a different race to the one I was watching, I saw him on a factory Yamaha losing 3rd to Crutchlow on a satellite Yamaha while Dovi was lying 2nd on the Ducati. Rather than looking like a potential podium contender he then cracked under pressure from former team mate Hayden on a Ducati. Funny how the Ducati was blamed when Rossi had his 2 years in the wilderness (although I remember Burgess saying he's have in sorted in a matter of weeks) I know a wet race can level the playing field but Dovi qualified ahead of Rossi as did Bradl and Bautista

Go Rossi ;-) 

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Le Man

Great race for a change , poor Jorge wtf was that about? Amazing rides by all ,especially Cal , Dani , Marquez and Dovi . Last lap Cal upped his pace to be faster than Marquez , but for a first wet race on Motogp 1000 , thats some going , felt for bradl , he was doing well . Seems like Pedrosa has really applied himself so far this season , and Crutchlow battered and bruised and still got 2nd , he's up there , he has the speed and consistency , still wait till Espargaro takes his ride and does nothing , shame shame shame.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

Pretty good race

Hat tip to Dani, Cal, MM, and the Ducati boys of Dovi and Hayden. Gutted for Dovi - I was hoping he would at least get a podium. He's getting every little bit out of that bike in QP and the races. Never been a fan of Dani but he rode excellent today. He made some passes on the brakes today which is usually his weak point. Dovi has shown to be a demon on the brakes but Dani handled him. Gritty ride by Crutchlow - well deserved 2nd place. Where as he usually tosses away opportunities like this he grabbed it with both hands today. He still had to rely on a slower Dovi to make a mistake to get by - like Dani he doesn't seem to be too good passing on the brakes. And fucking Rossi - falling off his bike not only ruin his day but also ruin any chance that Hayden had of making up another position or 2. Poor ol' Bradl is coming apart like a cheap watch. It's getting hard to watch the lad.

Reply to this Topic
Stonered

Sep 12

Stonered says:

Cracking race - really enjoyed that. Respect to them all.

Reply to this Topic
yammy7r

Apr 09

yammy7r says:

Ricky850

Burgess said he would have the Ducati sorted in 80 seconds not a few weeks

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle