Skip to content

Discuss This Le Mans MotoGP: Pedrosa takes wet win, Cal second! MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Le Mans MotoGP: Pedrosa takes wet win, Cal second!

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Simon Patterson  says:

Le Mans MotoGP: Pedrosa takes wet win, Cal second!

Dani Pedrosa took his second win of 2013 in wet conditions at Le Mans, ahead of Cal Crutchlow taking his best ever MotoGP finish and rookie Marc Marquez, as mechanical problems relegated Jorge Lorenzo to 7th. Andrea Dovisioso was the surprise leader off the line, making the most of his unexpected front row start to lead from Lorenzo and Pedrosa, before...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (19 May 2013 14:04)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Yamaha's crap?

"Yes, it does seem to me that Yamaha are in a bit of poo"...

"If yamaha expects drivers and constructor trophy then they should get their act together"

They came 2nd!?!

I said that Yamaha were taking a risk hiring Rossi again... Rossi's fans are a demanding bunch & will turn on a manufacturer in a split second... Cal proved there's nothing wrong with the bike but, as Ducati found out, if Rossi's not up there it's gotta be second rate, right? JL had a specific, 1 off problem this weekend... Rossi & Cal didn't (Rossi even said he could have challenged for a podium).

Reply to this Topic
DoubtingThomas

Apr 13

They're not crap

But they're most definitely second best right now.

This time last year Jorge was building a nice buffer over Dani. He's 17 points behind now, and if Dani goes on a run like last year it's his to lose.

Jorge's been duffed up by Marquez, and finished 3, 3, 7. So, yeah Yamaha are in a bit of poo right now, for the championship.

Reply to this Topic
rocketri17

May 12

rocketri17 says:

should've said factory yamaha

I did mean the factory yamaha I suppose.. tech 3 showed them up in a big way on sunday. For the sake of the championship I hope they and ducati get better. benny, you're right -agreed.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Aye...

"Jorge's been duffed up by Marquez, and finished 3, 3, 7"

I think you'll find that's 1,3,3,7 & the 7 was an issue specific to his bike on the day not the Yamaha as a whole (where did Cal finish?). Without that problem we could easily have been looking at Yamaha 1st & 3rd this weekend as JL's previous form at this circuit in these conditions & Cal's performance this weekend proves. Rain, as we know, isn't the best place to judge the quality of a motorcycle... I think we saw Ducati on the podium last year ahead of all the factory Honda's (twice actually)... was Honda in the poo then?

Manufacturer's Championship wise there's 14 points in it... not a lot for this early in the season.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

..scores you 41pts.

That's the lowest scoring hatrick of consecutive finishes Lorenzo has had since the middle of his rookie season nearly five years ago.

Hedgehog5 does Cal a dis-service..saying his performance in a wet race proves there is nothing wrong with the Yamaha, which by inference means HRC don't have the better package, is typical of a Rossi basher.

This tends to be backed up by his little dig that seems to suggest the Ducati isn't a second rate bike?

Cal deserves much credit for his gritty display and the Yamaha is not a bad bike..it's just that HRC have moved on again and what was clearly the best bike on the grid last year, is now an absolute fkin weapon..

A bit like Hedgey..although I'd imagine he's always been that way.

Reply to this Topic
Ricky850

Oct 06

Ricky850 says:

yammy7r

I wonder if he's mentioned how long it'll take to sort the Yamaha?

To be honest Ducati look better having got rid of Rossi/Burgess, seems to me they spent the 2 years with Rossi making things worse. Instead of comparing Rossi/Stoner results on the Ducati look at Haydens results over the 3 years when he was teammate to both Stoner and Rossi.

2010 Championship Hayden was 7th on 163 points (Stoner/Ducati was 4th on 225 and Rossi/Yamaha 3rd on 233, Lorenzo/Yamaha was 1st on 383)

2011 Championship Hayden was 8th on 132 points, not significantly different to the previous year in fact the same riders filled the top 8 places in 2010/2011 but the positions were changed with Simoncelli improving from 8th to 7th.

2012 Championship Hayden was 9th on122 points. Looking at Haydens GP Career he's a top ten rider but not a serious year on year top 5 contender (and I hate to say that as he's a genuinely nice guy with zero ego who gets on with the job, doesn't complain much if at all and is delighted as much for his/Ducati's fans and the team when he gets a good result) but his championship winning year is the worst ever if you count the number of wins/rounds. 2 wins one at his home GP and the other thanks to a last corner coming together with Edwards at Assen (still enough to beat a Yamaha mounted Rossi).

The only thing that raised Ducati's game was a rider who could adapt themselves to suit it's characteristics, Capaross/Bayliss and especially Stoner but Stoner was then able to switch to a Honda and win taking the title back from Lorenzo/Yamaha. Rossi on the other hand having continually criticised the Ducati and having gone back to Yamaha doesn't look like he's capable of consistently beating his team mate let alone challenge for the title. Make no mistake he was looking strong on the first few laps but when the other's turned up the heat and the lap times dropped into the 1.44's he' was dropping back.

As far as the racing goes I hope the Ducati can stay up there as a top 5 contender as it gives the main Yamaha/Honda contenders something else to think about, as it is they've already got Crutchlow waiting to take a few points off them if they drop the ball and Rossi regardless of his chances of taking the title has the experience and a factory bike to put one over on them and that can only be good for the fans especially when we get to the 2nd half of the year and the main contenders (Lorenzo/Pedrosa/Marquez) have it all to lose while the riders who can't realistically win the championship will be pilling the pressure on looking for a race win. 

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Rossi basher?

I made no mention of the fact that he's only got 5 points more than this time last year on the Ducati... or exactly the same points as this time 2 years ago (which included his skittling incident at Jerez). I've specifically avoided Rossi bashing. He did well this weekend... he didn't have to apologise to anyone other than his team.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

hrc bike looks good to me too

but this was a wet race.

Both current Yamaha factory riders could be on an HRC bike if they had so chosen, although this was not a recent option for Valentino. Ya pays ya money and ya takes ya choice.

Looks to me that either Yamaha have taken a wrong step with the 2013 bike, or that Dorna's tyre machinations have backfired like so many other things they have done. I think they have motivated Honda highly to re-design their bike to suit the new tyres, while Yamaha like Ducati now seem to be having tyre durability problems.

Reply to this Topic
Ricky850

Oct 06

Ricky850 says:

wosihound

You can't seriously believe that the Tech 3 Yamaha is the same package as the Factory bikes that Rossi/Lorenzo are using? They might be 99% the same but when 1/10th of a second a lap makes a difference then even 1% makes a difference and I'm pretty sure the Tech 3 bikes aren't even 99% the same.  

Do you seriously believe that Lorenzo as the reigning world champion and Rossi with all the weight that his name carries would settle for the same package as a satellite rider or that the factory Yamaha team and their sponsors having invested a significant amount of cash in Lorenzo and Rossi would then want to see another team with different sponsors taking the limelight?

Rossi better be on a 2 year contract or he may find himself out of a job, No question he got a factory bike as he was expected to come straight back to being the rider to beat and Yamaha probably couldn't take the chance that it wouldn't be the case and that Honda would hire Rossi. That clearly isn't the case for whatever reason and Lorenzo is as capable of taking the title as Rossi, in fact he beat him for the title the last time they were team mates and no team needs 2 number 1 riders. Someone mentioned after the last GP that Rossi sells bikes so Yamaha would consider hiring Rossi as money well spent, I'd question that, Rossi sells bikes when he's winning but we all know how the typical Rossi fan reacts when he isn't winning  

Reply to this Topic
DoubtingThomas

Apr 13

Easily 1st and 3rd?

He got 7th. He's 17 points behind Dani, he's had two distant thirds, he's said his bike is not very competitive, he's been bitching about Marquez for two weeks, and about his tyre which Bridgestone said was fine, and we'll soon be in the Honda/Dani comfort zone of tracks.

It may be too early to say "poo", but they're all thinking it.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices