Skip to content

Discuss This Jorge Lorenzo deflated after slump to seventh MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Jorge Lorenzo deflated after slump to seventh

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Jorge Lorenzo deflated after slump to seventh

Jorge Lorenzo suffered his worst finish in the MotoGP world championship since the final race of his rookie season in 2008 after the reigning world champion slumped from second to seventh in Le Mans.Slowed by a chronic lack of rear grip on a wet track, Lorenzo was languishing down in ninth position at one stage and only regained two places...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (20 May 2013 11:23)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Stonered

Sep 12

Stonered says:

That's a pretty impressive stat for Jorge though...a 7th being his worse finish since 2008! Mental.

Reply to this Topic
TetsuoSama

Sep 11

TetsuoSama says:

@saturn

"Don't upset your mate Nostro he thinks the M1 is equal to  Honda's RC."

For a start, my logic-challenged ... erm .. acquaintance,  those two opinions are not mutually exclusive.  The 2013 M1 could be worse than the 2012 and still be the equal of the 2013 RC.  It was the best bike over the course of last year, after all.

Secondly, we're not mates. Thirdly, from what I've read from Nostro, he doesn't seem to get upset when people have a different opinion to him.

TL;DR - You're as wrong as always.  Keep on truckin'

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

Define equal

The Honda has a better motor, they say, and the Yam has the better chassis, apparently. Seems fairly equal to me so far, add a more complete rider plus a has been and an almost was with the new definition of speed and I'd say you're pretty equal there too. What is there to not comprehend?

Add tracks that naturally favour either horses or Utterly Butterly and things again seem pretty equal, to me at least. Personally I think it comes down to who wants it more and "bad" bikes have always been capable of winning so blaming the bike doesn't wash, soz.

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

No doubt about it

Lorenzo had some serious mechanical grip issues early on. Lets hope for Yamaha's sake Rossi's input is not upsetting their #1 rider's applecart. Yamaha complaining about tyres? They poached Bridgestone and got a single manufacturer rule enforced with...you guessed it,Rossi as the development consultant.

Hardly surprising HRC and Ducati went backwards as a result last year. Nakamoto has it covered this year and Ducati will come on strong post Mugello. Oh yes,I thoroughly enjoyed Suppo's take on the race.

Very smart of him not to even mention #46. As old Bob says...A Museum piece. Meanwhile Wosi and myself will back the #93 Honda as we both love L-4's of any persuasion,be it Honda or Ducati wrapped in alloy twin beam persuasion. Thanks VAL.

Reply to this Topic
grayzx7r

Aug 02

grayzx7r says:

Thinking again !

At least he didn't crash, sensible riding in the circumstance

Reply to this Topic
RidgeRacerHRC

Mar 12

yzrm1...why so bitter?

Either in your ignorance youve forgotten Dani is a 3 time world champion already? 125 plus two 250s, if he wins the motogp title this year he'll have equal number of WORLD TITLES as jorge.

Reply to this Topic
DoubtingThomas

Apr 13

But Tets

You bearded, trikey riding tit, if the 2013 M1 is worse than the 2012 M1, but the equal of the HRC, yet is turning into a Ducati, that means the HRC is, as it stands, worse than last year and closer to the Ducati. 

And further, Jorge is on the latest 2013 M1 chassis, developed for him, which Rossi rejected. So how can Jorge develop it in to a Ducati when he hasn't ridden one, and yet Rossi reject it presumably because it wasn't Ducati enough for him?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Lorenzo's worse finish in 5 years but given what happened its good for him he actually finished in the points rather then falling off and finishing with 0 points.

Reply to this Topic
RevNutz

Jan 13

RevNutz says:

So...

Lorenzo has a poor race and still he gets praise for not falling off. Had Valentino slumped back to 7th like that, you'd all be on his back immediately about how it's time to finish and he's an overrated and shit. Yes Lorenzo may have had some problems... but I have never seen such a good rider fall so far off the pace like that, especially Lorenzo. He should retire, it seems to be the best bit of advice you people can give to someone he has a few bad races.

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

Revnutz

You are right, the Rossi haters are really a fickle bunch. Why aren't they calling for Lorenzo to retire, afterall he has been deeply affected by the MM incident and is completely washed up. surely his ride should be going to a more deserving rider......say somebody like Bradly Smith!!!!!.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices