You are in... Forums > General > General > Helmet "codes"

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

zanderh

Aug 12

zanderh says:

Helmet "codes"

Does any know (or know of a resource that knows) what the additional 'codes' are specifically with regards to Shoei helmets?

Is there a difference between a "TC-8" and a "TC-1"?? I can't seem to find any information anywhere... :-/

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 336 days ago (20 May 2013 14:10)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

zand

I'd drop shoei a mail mate, I can't work the TC #'s out either, what ya reckon, sorta product/design codes?

Reply to this Topic
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

self destruct.....

codes? Shoei lids have a semtex membrane between the layers,which explodes the helmet on it's 'best before' date.Hopefully you won't be wearing yours when it goes pop.

Reply to this Topic
calamityjane

Jun 12

calamityjane says:

Zanderh, might help, might not?

I'm in love with the Shoei VFX-W but I just have one question before I become another happy owner :-)
What does the TC-1, TC-2, TC-3, etc. stand for? Is it just about the graphics on the helmet? Because I found different prices for different TCs...
Yes, just graphic designations.
The only thing I could find????

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
zanderh

Aug 12

zanderh says:

I've

tried contacting Shoei on a number of channels but so far nothing. Shall see what the week brings.

I thought it might be to do with graphics as well, CJ, but there are a number of TC-matches that are completely different... case in point;

XR-1100, "Skeet TC-6"

XR-1100, "Beowulf TC-6"

It doesn't really seem to make much sense! My only logical explanation is the time period that that colour scheme was 'released' (like car number plates - 60/61 plates etc), however that doesn't explain the "New" TC-1s that are available.

So yeah, still nowhere near an answer :tongue:. Shall keep badgering Shoei contacts until I find a result!

oldish - I do hope they don't self destruct! Haha. Could prove most inconvenient.

Reply to this Topic
zanderh

Aug 12

zanderh says:

Baha!

I had slightly considered this late last night before I went to bed - the number might correspond to a certain colour (as same numbered helmets had at least one similar colour between them). Shoei Helmets UK on Facebook just confirmed this!

The TC codes refer to the colour.

For example Shoei TC4 helmets always have green in them.

The more you know :winkie:

Reply to this Topic
bobsnicholson

Aug 02

I have

a Shoei Neotech, i know nothing about codes or 

colours, guess what colour helmet i have..........right first time, white.
Buying a new Shoei open face J-Cruise on Thursday.....yes it's white..... boring....yawn.:sleep:

Reply to this Topic
calamityjane

Jun 12

calamityjane says:

Zander

Well done. Now all we have to work out is what TC stands for.:tongue: Or maybe not.:winkie:

Just had a thought? 

If that is the case the TC-6 Skeet would be under another TC code as well because it has red it in it?

Either my logic is flawed or shoei's is? Or is it only the predominent colour thats coded. I'm confusing myself now :upset:

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

Any use ??

The Z-1 is the bottom of the line next to the RF-900 and Z-II. The Z-II replaces the X-Tec line, the RF-900 being the middle:D
The Z-II has a removeable liner and dif venting system then the RF-900, a much better lid IMO.:smoking
The RF-900 will probably be the best buy for the buck if your buying.;)
The TC-4 or TC-5 are just model numbers for the type of lid in that line of helmets.;)
I wear the old RF-800 model, but it works for my melon, no complaints about it.:smoking

Reply to this Topic
zanderh

Aug 12

zanderh says:

I believe

it's the "predominant" or "identifying" colour. Like there may be one 'style' that has five or six different colour combinations (even if the only differing colour is 0.5% of the actual helmet); the TC-number denotes that differing colour used.

At least that's how I'm interpreting it.

Seems a bit silly to use those names publicly though, why not just "XR-1100 Skeet Red"??

People are weird.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle