Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi rues blowing podium chance in France MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi rues blowing podium chance in France

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi rues blowing podium chance in France

Valentino Rossi saw his bid for a second rostrum finish of 2013 slip away in a rain-hit Le Mans MotoGP race after the Italian crashed out while lying in fourth position.The 34-year-old was trying to keep Monster Yamaha Tech 3 rider Cal Crutchlow in his sights when he lost the front-end in the braking zone for Turn 6 on lap...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 340 days ago (20 May 2013 14:56)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
TetsuoSama

Sep 11

TetsuoSama says:

Same pace as Cal?

He's dreamin'

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Well...

"Until that moment the race was very good and I enjoy a lot"

Presumably by "that moment" he means the crash?... he was 4th having been overtaken by 1 Ducati & a guy on a satellite version of his bike who had gapped him & was being pressured by the 2nd Ducati... he was 3.5 seconds off the pace & when he tried to respond he fell off. Far from heading for a podium he was looking at 6th or 5th if he'd stayed up with Hayden. If he enjoys being overtaken by Ducati's it's time to give up.

Having slid off & rejoined in both the 2011 & 2013 early seasons he now has exactly the same points haul that he had in his 1st year with Ducati after 4 races... impressive.

:blink:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Huskymick

May 13

Huskymick says:

Rossi

Best he could have done was 4th chances are MM would have caught him.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

''now has exactly the same points haul that he had in his 1st year with Ducati after 4 races... impressive.''

Still more than the current batch of Ducatiists  eh Hedgey.    Don't bother with stats mate they can alway be manipulated for or against!

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Saturn...

Sorry... comparing Rossi on a Ducati with Rossi on a Yamaha... direct statistical comparison that's not dressed up as anything else made all the more valid with his crash/recovery this race & at Jerez 2011 when he actually dropped to 15th before battling back. He was on the podium here both times on a Ducati... neither Ducati rider was this year, but then he was never going to either & was being caught or had been overtaken by both.

Reply to this Topic
RevNutz

Jan 13

RevNutz says:

I still think Rossi's doing alright

A 9 time world champion never loses his class, he just loses his form, clearly he's not comfortable with the Yamaha yet, and who would blame him for having less confidence on a new bike after two years on a bike no-one has ever ridden well apart from when it was the best bike *cough* 2007. He'll be back, no worries.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Get your facts right H5..

Up until he fell off Hedgey..which Ducati had overtaken him?

At the end of the 2nd lap, Rossi was 3 seconds behind Dovi who was leading. The last time he came across the line before he found the bump, he was 1.5 seconds behind Dovi. 

His fast lap, which wasn't the lap before he crashed, was a 2-3 tenths faster than both Ducatis. It was a tenth faster than Cals.

Had he stayed on, which he didn't, there is every chance he'd have gone with Cal..probably bagging 2nd.

We can all play the hypothetical conjecture game Pal and as we know, you're a dab hand..by not including Stoners crashes in the past, then wildly extrapolating to support a distinctly Orange argument.

Give it a rest you dope..Rossi finished 12th after making a mistake which could have been avoided.

At least he had the bottle to get back on and nurse home a battered bike for points..something I don't think Stoner has ever done, apart from Laguna 08.

Sorry..did I mention LAGUNA 08..?

Hahaha...

Reply to this Topic
revnev7

Oct 11

revnev7 says:

WHAT THE F....

Unless he`s in some kind of dream world,{like his fan`s},I guess he must mean the CRT podium.

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

It's been time to move on for over 2 years

And if watching your old bike leading for a good portion of the race (and it looking like it belonged there too) wasn't proof enough then nothing will penetrate planet yellow and make it's sheeple see sense.

It was great to see a Ducati back at the front and I'm sure it won't be the last time we see it this season.

I was musing with a real-life person earlier whether Rossi will see out his contract at Yamaha and we both reckon he won't, especially if young Marquez gets the hang of it ;-) His " not being comfortable" on the M1 was telling enough for me, how can he not be comfortable on a bike we all know he helped design and which would never have won without his golden touch? 

The arrival next season of Pol Espargaro, Scott Redding and whoever else, riders who have more experience of racing Marquez than all the MotoGP field combined, will be the final nail squeezed into the already nail ridden coffin that has been fired at by a yellow nail gun on full auto and fuck the cost for the last 15 odd years.

I think it's about time Yamaha started paying more attention to what Cal Crutchlow is doing and focused some effort into keeping him at the pointy end as he seems a more natural no.2 for gorgeous George than that other rider they have.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Wosi...

"At the end of the 2nd lap, Rossi was 3 seconds behind Dovi who was leading."

Yup... I'll give you that one... difficult to drop behind him from so far ahead on the grid. I was being over-generous to Rossi's legendary start line ability.

"His fast lap, which wasn't the lap before he crashed, was a 2-3 tenths faster than both Ducatis."

It was less than 2 laps... that'd be 1 & a bit laps then... cool. He had lost time to both Dovi & Hayden who he almost took out when he crashed trying to stick with a pace he evidently couldn't sustain.

... & Stoner's left the building... get over it.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle