Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi rues blowing podium chance in France MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi rues blowing podium chance in France

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi rues blowing podium chance in France

Valentino Rossi saw his bid for a second rostrum finish of 2013 slip away in a rain-hit Le Mans MotoGP race after the Italian crashed out while lying in fourth position.The 34-year-old was trying to keep Monster Yamaha Tech 3 rider Cal Crutchlow in his sights when he lost the front-end in the braking zone for Turn 6 on lap...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (20 May 2013 14:56)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

You'll give me that?

Well I'm made up Pal.

Now..what about explaining the bollocks about Rossi being overtaken by a Ducati..before the crash?

No..?

Full of shite..

Reply to this Topic
Ricky850

Oct 06

Ricky850 says:

Give Rossi a Break

He's riding a bike built around Lorenzo and isn't comfortable with it yet although I'm sure Burgess will sort it all in a matter of seconds, add to that he had problems with his visor misting. Not that he's moaning you understand he's just saying. Only Stoner moaned if you believe the Rossi fans.

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

Ricky850

Irony isn't just how the missus feels on a Sunday eh?

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Dicky..

I take back what I said about riding a bike fast in the wet..it's pretty clear you've never ridden a motorcycle at all?

Either that or you only cruise born again style, when the weather suits..open-faced and tasseled up.

Keep licking that bus window on the way to work pal. 

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

Lost the edge

Results speak louder than any banter on here,cal top Yamaha just get over it.

Reply to this Topic
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

Oh Wosi

Think about it - four races in, if Stoner jumped on the title winning bike and could barely qualify on the 2nd row, no wins, no poles,1 podium, pretty much getting handled by his teammate, along with getting beat in the championship by a satellite bike of the same make, and made to look like the biggest waste of $30 million in history and a right ol' twat by a "never will be" in Dovi on the bike he couldn't ride, what would you say? So just take your medicine and deal with it. Personally, Rossi doing about what I expected which isn't too bad but not dominate - he never will be again. My thought of him maybe winning a race this year doesn't look all that good at the moment though.

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

AGV

An AGV director moaning about a product he sanctions and uses. Huh !

Hey Wosi. Sure he wasn't overtaken by a Ducati,he merely bombed out whilst trying desperately to prevent one from overtaking him. Hayden must have loved the moment and his save was brilliant. It could have so easily transformed into a Moto2 Rabat/Espargaro follow through.

Reply to this Topic
Stonered

Sep 12

Stonered says:

Just watched it again (VR crash) and you can see he was on the drier line ( obviously used by everyone else as well), there was no perceptible movement of the suspension before he hit the deck, Hayden was on exactly the same line and had to brake to avoid hitting VR (across a white line whilst luckily having the brilliantly handling duc underneath him....how lucky was that) and still made it round. My assumption can only be VR is talking bollox......as for visor misting...any fool can fix that...probably shouldn't have used a tinted visor then!

Reply to this Topic
weskit

Jun 10

weskit says:

hayden

Must say I was surprised to see Hayden sit the bike up like that, you almost always see the rider behind maintain their line and let the carnage slide to the outside. Still he did well to avoid everything, which is more than I would have done.

Reply to this Topic
monkeyninja

Sep 11

monkeyninja says:

Yes he crashed

...but everyone seems to overlook he started in 8th position and worked his way up to 3rd. His pace was pretty good for the first half of the race and set a few fastest laps in the process. Sound like someone that's not trying? He was 8th in qualifying and 9th in the warm up. Wasn't trying was he?

Would be grateful if anybody out there can confirm he did not hit a bump in the track? Was anybody out there RIDING his bike?

Agree I wouldn't wear a dark visor in those conditions, but either way a misted visor is an issue in those conditions unless you're just touring around. He has said he couldn't stay close to nearest rider because spray was making it worse, seeming like Cal was losing him.

Was anybody out there riding his race other than him? No, I thought not.

And Lorenzo's worst non-DNF since starting in MotoGP, was that Rossi's fault?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices