Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi rues blowing podium chance in France MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi rues blowing podium chance in France

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi rues blowing podium chance in France

Valentino Rossi saw his bid for a second rostrum finish of 2013 slip away in a rain-hit Le Mans MotoGP race after the Italian crashed out while lying in fourth position.The 34-year-old was trying to keep Monster Yamaha Tech 3 rider Cal Crutchlow in his sights when he lost the front-end in the braking zone for Turn 6 on lap...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 333 days ago (20 May 2013 14:56)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Dawg..

A fair point regards Stoner and, if the shoe were on the other foot..wosi would be laughing long and loud.

No bones about it and Qatar aside, the results haven't been great.

But in the context of being labelled a mid packer and given that Ducati haven't progressed with new riders it was claimed would make the difference..it's not so bad and Rossi can feel vindicated, IMO..

It ain't gonna happen here, I'm under no illusion..half the bitter souls at MCN haven't got a fkin clue so it would mean jackshit to me anyway.

If Rossi were to win the title, unlikely I know, he would be the oldest champ since Read nearly 40 years ago. He's had a fantastic career, the most winning top class rider in history, 9 titles on 6 different bikes..but as we know, time moves on.

I wasn't expecting him to dominate like in the past..a couple of wins with all present and correct to silence the never ending whine would do me.

I still think that's a possibility. We know how he has performed in the past and for me there have been enough flashes of the old panache, style and pace for satisfaction already.

When you have the same old bashers fabricating the facts and stats, trotting out reams of repetitive horseshit without realising they are undermining themselves..it just makes it all the sweeter.

Reply to this Topic
Stonered

Sep 12

Stonered says:

Don't get me wrong ... I'm not actually knocking Rossi for binning it... Just saying his excuse doesn't look to make sense. As you say, the fact he binned it means he was giving 110%... Just pointing out it didn't look like his excuse rang true.

Reply to this Topic
monkeyninja

Sep 11

monkeyninja says:

Wosi

I can see the haters are building up such a head of steam that, when he does get a win, they'll be in denial, fingers in ears trolling out the same old doo doo.

He's certainly pissed off about the crash and losing points and the chance to make up points on Lorenzo, but I know MCN are putting articles here to stir it up a lot.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Ninja..

It's called painting yourself into a corner my friend..

There'll be one or two who will have the good grace and humour to take it on the chin when it happens, and let's face it Rossi is only 4 races into a two year contract of 38 so there is plenty of time, especially if Yamaha bring a bit more to the table.

We saw what happened in Qatar and the progress first half yesterday.

The old fella still knows how to race a motorcycle.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

And once again......

''We can all play the hypothetical conjecture game Pal and as we know, you're a dab hand..by not including Stoners crashes in the past, then wildly extrapolating to support a distinctly Orange argument''

-------------------------------------------

............................'wosi' just can't go a day without mentioning Casey. Let it go bud, let it go ;)

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

As for Vale

He said: “Unfortunately I have some problem with the visor and I can’t stay close to the guy in front because I have a problem with the water. I race with this helmet from last year and I always have a lot of problems with the fog when it is wet.

---------------------------------------------------------

WTF lmao!!!!!!! Shall we have 'a whip' to buy the GOAT a new lid? Count me in for a score. You couldn't make it up.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Wosi...

"Now..what about explaining the bollocks about Rossi being overtaken by a Ducati..before the crash?"

I already said you were right in that... :blink: I said it would be difficult to drop behind him from so far ahead on the grid. You want me to say it again? I know you're on the back foot but come on.

But I was right about him being as bad on the Yamaha as he was on the Ducati aren't I?... I mean he has the same number of points & podiums as he did in 2011 doesn't he?... & when he knocked Stoner off at Jerez he came from 15th to 5th... this time he came from 12th to, erm, 12th.

... & I was right about the 2 Ducati's being stronger than him this week... Hayden was closing him down wasn't he?

... I just got the overtaking bit wrong... there... I said it again.

:smile

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Wosi you just keep excelling yourself

What a couple of beautiful lines

same old bashers fabricating the facts and stats, trotting out reams of repetitive horseshit without realising they are undermining themselves.

It's called painting yourself into a corner my friend. Would that be a red corner perchance, or the new blue corner?

Ha, ha, your confusion and hypocrisy just keep getting better as the mange in your coat progresses with age.

Reply to this Topic
eddl

Dec 10

eddl says:

In the news today unlike rossi, boomerangs are making a comeback

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

"I just got the overtaking bit wrong."

There you go..see it wasn't that hard, was it? Although where you get the bit that Dovi was stretching out a lead from is a bit silly..especially as I explained it real simple for you earlier?

Oh well..it's a start I suppose. Rome wasn't built in a day and all that bollocks.

Nostril..what are you babbling on about?

You reverted to your default comfort mode of schnapps slammers and swallowing big sausages to stave of the cricket depression?

Best get to the Supermarket and stock up Pal..Headingley just round the corner.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle