Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi rues blowing podium chance in France MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi rues blowing podium chance in France

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi rues blowing podium chance in France

Valentino Rossi saw his bid for a second rostrum finish of 2013 slip away in a rain-hit Le Mans MotoGP race after the Italian crashed out while lying in fourth position.The 34-year-old was trying to keep Monster Yamaha Tech 3 rider Cal Crutchlow in his sights when he lost the front-end in the braking zone for Turn 6 on lap...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (20 May 2013 14:56)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
TetsuoSama

Sep 11

TetsuoSama says:

Too funny

"Better to crash trying than to just wobble around in 7th place."

Because wobbling around too scared to crash is exactly what Rossi did for two years at Ducati.  Actually, he wobbled around in 7th place giving 70% effort (his words) AND crashed.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Alex...

"Better to crash trying than to just wobble around in 7th place."

Better to crash trying or win than wobble around in 7th place as Stoner proved on the Ducati (looking at the points & championship positions his win or bin approach was way more effective than Rossi's wobble & finish system)... but crashing won Rossi a full 4 points on Sunday... wobbling around in 7th accrued JL over double that... a win, as JL knows, gets you 25 but it's been a long, long time since Rossi's seen that sort of points haul. Win or bin is just called bin without the wins, but as Hayden proved you hardly have to win to take a championship providing you don't bin it.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
TrumpetTriple

Aug 02

Rossi

It does appear that Valentino may have peaked in 2009/10 and that's how it is, it happens to all champions who don't have an injury that ends it as with Rainey, Schwantz etc.

Qatar was excellent, was expecting more from Jerez and LeMans, Mugello next, if Valentino can't bring something out of the bag there then i reckon his time at the top really could be up, i hope not as he is exciting when he's on it as at Qatar, as an aside i've never been a fan of Dovi, he had three years on a Repsol Honda and won one wet race ( Donington ) but i do like the way he is applying himself on the Ducati, particularly in qualifying where he sticks it in there, great stuff and exciting to watch.

Reply to this Topic
AussieInSUI

Mar 13

AussieInSUI says:

this is planet earth where are you?

Wobbling? Over the hill? TrumpetTriple and Hedgehog5. We'll see... BTW where did you get the wobbling information? On second thoughts I don't want to know. I don't want to go there... Spoon sharpening stone ASAP

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Haha..

"ooh-ooh..please don't talk about Stoner, he's retired."

World-class double standards from H5..AGAIN.

Stoners win or bin non-tactics forced him to flee the paddock fearful for his health..both physically and mentally.

He never backed a title up either, which suggests he relied on the best bikes and circumstances to get most of his success - perhaps more than anyone - with well over half his race wins coming in just two seasons out of seven.

Head-to-head..Rossi beat him 4-3, as did Pedrosa, Jorge beat him 3-2.

Massively over-rated by his soft-cock fans.

Reply to this Topic
OwainGlyndwr

May 13

OwainGlyndwr says:

... anyone else find a little bump in the track at 'Garage Vert'? No? That's probably because there isn't one - what a lemon !!!!!

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

Hmmm

Well for me seeing someone going for it (before he hit that rizla sized bump) and dicing with hayden, pushing to try and get a podium position is better watching, although watching Bautista stuff it up the inside of Jorge was great. Should Jorge's M1 have been that much slower than a Ducati? Why was Cals M1 the best Yamaha out there. There is much deliberation to be had here. But ride of the day certainly in my eyes wasn't Lorenzo. Rossi crashed picked it up rode for half a lap bending the brake lever back into position and carried on. Best ride of the day was (apart from dani winning) has to be Cal on the satallite bike which it would appear is better in the wet than the factory Yamahas. And watching the race last night Lorenzo was wobbling more than most, the bike was like your girlfreind mid sex when you call her by her sisters name.

Reply to this Topic
TetsuoSama

Sep 11

TetsuoSama says:

By that measure, Wosi

Both Jorge and Dani have winning records over Rossi.  No wonder Rossi tried to have Jorge thrown off the team.

Oh, and Marco Simoncelli also has a winning record over Rossi and, by the end of the year, so will Marquez.

4th best of the current riders (RIP Sic), so probably in the top 10 or 20 of all time.

Truly, the most overrated rider off all time.

Reply to this Topic
Ricky850

Oct 06

Ricky850 says:

paceycasey

quote R850

That said I'd guess that plenty of non Rossi fans were getting a bit worried when Rossi was lying 3rd with only Dovi and Pedrosa in front and Lorenzo going backward. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote paceycasey

Nope. Despite my obvious bias, Vale doesn't have 'a snowflakes chance in hell' of winning a race in this company.

That's my point, in a straight race against Pedrosa/Lorenzo/Marquez then Rossi has zero chance of winning but at Le Mans when in 3rd he only had Pedrosa of the 3 main contenders in front, Pedrosa was inches from binning it and with Dovi attacking at the start they could have both went down. Sure Rossi's "challenge" didn't last long but for a couple of laps? well stranger things have happened, after all he did manage a lucky 2nd on the Ducati even though he was otherwise an embarrassment on it after what Stoner had achieved.

Totally agree about Rossi fans believing anything Stoner could achieve on the Ducati Rossi could do better, can't entirely blame the Fans, that's what Rossi and Burgess with their supersize ego's were saying but it was great to see them brought down a peg. If this season is a repeat of the previous 2 it should go a long way to wiping the smug looks off both of them. All we need now is for Parrish to fall out of love with Rossi.  

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

Ducati wins for Stoner, none for your boy Wosi.

You can try to ignore it all you wish, but I  think Valentino himself, being both gracious and intelligent where you are not, realises the magnitude of what Stoner did on the thing, regardless of the relevance of those performances to everything else in motogp, which is far more open to debate.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices