Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi rues blowing podium chance in France MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi rues blowing podium chance in France

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi rues blowing podium chance in France

Valentino Rossi saw his bid for a second rostrum finish of 2013 slip away in a rain-hit Le Mans MotoGP race after the Italian crashed out while lying in fourth position.The 34-year-old was trying to keep Monster Yamaha Tech 3 rider Cal Crutchlow in his sights when he lost the front-end in the braking zone for Turn 6 on lap...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (20 May 2013 14:56)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
caseysagod

Dec 12

caseysagod says:

moaning

If this was Casey he'd be critisized for moaning but I suppose its different for rossi. Let's get real - he's past it.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

wosi

Loyalty toward a certain rider is normal for many of us here, it's part of this sport/most sports. It's to be commended. Blinkered loyalty however, generally makes that person look a twat.

You're a clever fella but just accept that things won't always turn out the way you'd like them to....................................................AND STOP MAKING FUCKING EXCUSES EVERYTIME THEY DON'T WHATEVER BIKE HE'S FUCKING RIDING!!!!!!!

Bud :)

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

One bad race and all the armchair experts are out in force giving their 'analyses'. There's FA wrong with the Yamaha. Lorenzo may have got a dud tyre or maybe the set up was rooted. Rossi hit an invisible bump and binned it, while the satellite bike got to the 2nd step of the podium. Doesn't sound like Yamaha are finished.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

The Princess and the Pea

The favourite fairytale of the wee yellow bed wetters.

Reply to this Topic
DoubtingThomas

Apr 13

Oh FFS Bulto?

It was a little different at the start of last year. Plenty of "analysis" was tolerated then because poor Casey didn't like the tyres that all the teams voted for.

Double standards as usual.

All I said was it doesn't look good for Yamaha given where they were last year to this, in terms of points, results, chassis confusion, Dani's start, and Jorge looking a little rattled.

Just an opinion that was smothered in stats by Hogface.

CBR - Should we listen to your impartial views on Yamaha, CBR?

Reply to this Topic
olly8000

Apr 07

olly8000 says:

WOSIHOUND

Preaching to the choir mate, I love the comments on here any chance of a bandwagon and they are on it ! 'Rossi past it and making excuses' fucking really, bore off, he rode a knackered bike after coming off on a shit surface with a drying line on wet tyres and still made 12th 'nuff said..........

Reply to this Topic
princeofrepsol

Mar 11

time for another poll

matt birt how about another will rossi win another race poll or alternatively is rossi past it? Surely most of the yellow gumbies have lost their religion by now.

Reply to this Topic
gixanator

May 13

gixanator says:

from the form  this year so far i doubt Rossi will score a win but he has got out of the habit of winning while at Ducati so i thought his start to the year in Qatar showed promise for the future.

it was Rossi himself who intimated that he favours the european rounds and i was expecting him to be trampling all over Jorges rear tyre but that hasn't materialised, maybe he needs more time to adjust to a winning machine, maybe Honda have pulled out some engineering master stroke that will preclude any other bike from winning this year.

it's the problem with any racing, it's rarely about the bike, it's about the riders confidence, his feel for the bike, his knowledge of the bike, his connection with the bike.

Rossi might need more time, might need more confidence after 2 shit seasons (by anyones standards not just his own) but i don't think he'll win this year and if, as expected DP and MM round out the season on top i can't see even Rossi pulling it out in 2014.

but, as i say, if MotoGP was just about the best and fastest bike we wouldn't need a seasons racing to decide it would we?

long way to go, lots of excitement to look forward to, lots of opinion to mull over.

Reply to this Topic
gixanator

May 13

gixanator says:

a caveat to riders and bikes; MM could get on any bike and rag it to the max, just like Stoner but those talents are rare as hens teeth, shame we couldn't see them both in the top class together.

if i were MM i'd win the title this year (entirely possible) then take the No1 plate to Ducati with a multi-multimillion dollar wage request and win it on that bike as well(again entirely possible)

just my opinion.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

stoner himself

didn't deny the right of the majority to vote as they did regarding the tyre last year DT, he said they had made the wrong decision,  which is looking to have some verisimilitude just at present in regard to Yamaha. It has not done much to impede Honda other than short-term, it would seem to have just given them extra motivation to re-design their chassis to suit the new tyre.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices