Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi rues blowing podium chance in France MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi rues blowing podium chance in France

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi rues blowing podium chance in France

Valentino Rossi saw his bid for a second rostrum finish of 2013 slip away in a rain-hit Le Mans MotoGP race after the Italian crashed out while lying in fourth position.The 34-year-old was trying to keep Monster Yamaha Tech 3 rider Cal Crutchlow in his sights when he lost the front-end in the braking zone for Turn 6 on lap...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 336 days ago (20 May 2013 14:56)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

I agree gixanator

that it may be a problem for Rossi becoming re-accustomed to riding a bike which is not trying to kill him constantly. Confidence is all for these guys, even him. His modus operandi over most his career has been to finely tune his bike in practice before the off the planet riding, and even in races to warm up his tyres when this was necessary when tyres were lower tech early in his career before pushing.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

H5

You remember only too well you fucking prick, you're a as much a prick now as when I was abusing you via P.M as Mandy Ramola, for being a gobshite prick with no substance. For everyone else's benefit, H5 argued that the SAS were involved in the Iran-Iraq war of the 80s, they weren't, and the shallow prick hasn't enough bollocks to admit his mistake yet constantly berates others.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Jamie, Mandy, whatever

I think the discussion was about UK involvement in the Iran-Iraq war which we established did happen... they did back Iraq in the war with Iran...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran%E2%80%93Iraq_War

Andy McNab said "A lot of their lads had been educated in the UK. Some had gone through Sandhurst Military Academy in the nine years we backed them in the war with Iran"

... to which you responded "far as I'm aware we haven't actually started that war yet" totally missing the point that he was referring to the Iran-Iraq war not a fictitious UK-Iran war. More than one person tried to point out the errors in your posts.

You then said "And the involvement of 22nd Special Air Service in the Iran-Iraq war was?" prompting the response "Where does it mention SAS involvement?" from someone.... you were the only person to refer to it in that context. I have no idea whether the SAS were involved or not... they may well have been, but we may never know... perhaps you do. No-one, including Mr.McNab has said they were.

The reason I'm posting this isn't to belittle you, though you have given me plenty of cause... just pointing out why our opinions differ in the hope you'll read it again & unload this massive chip off your shoulder. I have no idea why you're still banging on about this & have sent me several abusive PM's (I didn't even realise there were PM's on this site), why you've brought it up again, or what it has to do with anything but I suggest you get over it.

Reply to this Topic
73mach3

Oct 12

73mach3 says:

wow now this is a change

so our you blaming rossi now for the iraq/iran war? that belongs to all the ex presidents over here in the states. did he use a WMD im sorry in rossi case that would be a BMD as he used to win his 9 champion ships. lol poltics belong some where else girls.

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

Jamie

Think u need to get over it and hit another can of Stella mate!!!! Meeeeeehhhhhhhhh a spliff too Mate. Meeeehhhhhh.

Reply to this Topic
monkeyninja

Sep 11

monkeyninja says:

Olly8000

Class comments.

Classier bike. Why aren't you on the Red Monkey site?

Reply to this Topic
monkeyninja

Sep 11

monkeyninja says:

73Mach3

I'm still waiting to hear that Rossi ruined Lorenzo's tyre, asked AGV to design a helmet which didn't work in the rain, ruined the M1 during his time at Ducati, and generally can't be bothered to try....oh and that he's stealing Cal Crutchlow's Yamaha factory ride. Oh, hang on, they've said that already.

Yawn.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Thomas

There is no agenda.

You're saying Yamaha are in the shite due to an uncompetitive bike because of results so far - Lorenzo runaway win and 1 - 2 in Qatar followed by his two thirds only 2 - 3 seconds behind the winner. Then he has a howler through reasons as yet unknown which was nothing to do with an uncometitive bike seeing as a satellite Yamaha finished second - comfortably ahead of the satellite Hondas and ahead of MM on a factory Honda

That to me suggests that the Honda riders are getting more from their bikes than the Yamaha riders - at the moment. Next race may throw it all on its head again.

Don't understand your reference to 2012 tyres and Honda, but you immediately refer to Stoner when talking about them when everyone knows full well that Pedrosa was just as vocal about them. Except acknowledging that doesn't suit everyone's agenda does it.

If Cal was getting smashed by Bradl and Bautista and Lorenzo was trailing the Repsol boys by 20 seconds each race then I think you could say that the Yamaha wasn't as good a bike. They aren't,  Cal is smashing both satellite Hondas every race and the difference between Repsol and Lorenzo is marginal either way.

Uncompetitive Yamaha doesn't stack up as a reason for Lorenzo only winning 1 out of 4, same as MM. Unless of course he's on an uncompetitive Repsol compared to Pedrosa who's won 2 - yes, that must be it.

Reply to this Topic
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

Maybe things looked different from where he was sitting but at no point in that race did Rossi look anywhere near getting a podium.

Reply to this Topic
DoubtingThomas

Apr 13

Too much over analysing

You said. 2012 was full of analysis and conspiracy theories but that was okay 'cause it was Honda struggling? Stoner AND Dani complained about the bike/tyres and that was legit, but Jorge says he needs some help from Yamaha to close the gap to the Honda's and he's not getting the best out of his bike? I guess you know better than the world champ eh?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle