Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi rues blowing podium chance in France MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi rues blowing podium chance in France

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi rues blowing podium chance in France

Valentino Rossi saw his bid for a second rostrum finish of 2013 slip away in a rain-hit Le Mans MotoGP race after the Italian crashed out while lying in fourth position.The 34-year-old was trying to keep Monster Yamaha Tech 3 rider Cal Crutchlow in his sights when he lost the front-end in the braking zone for Turn 6 on lap...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (20 May 2013 14:56)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
princeofrepsol

Mar 11

motoking.....

good to see you back man.

Reply to this Topic
rocketri17

May 12

rocketri17 says:

AGV

Should have sorte that out YEARS ago -wtf

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

I have recntly been accused

of not being able to recognise a "taking of the urine". What about you wosi?

Reply to this Topic
revnev7

Oct 11

revnev7 says:

WOW,WHAT A STRUGGLE....

Yamaha are having,2nd place in the WET,on a satty,does`n`t bear thinking about.I think some of the negativity has spread,from the yellow half of the garage,and has started to infect JL! But,have no doubt,he will be back winning soon enough. DP and JL,are the only 2 in the fight for the title,but we all knew that before the season even started,did`n`t we? .....And as for Rossi saying he blew his chance of a podium,...ffs,don`t they do drug test`s anymore!

Reply to this Topic
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

DP and JL,are the only 2 in the fight for the title

So who's this Marquez bloke sitting in second place in the table. He's looked pretty impressive to me so far this year.

Reply to this Topic
gixanator

May 13

gixanator says:

you're right CH, but i'd still put Dani down for the top spot with the caveat that my conclusion is from the season so far.

Marquez is without doubt the most precocious talent to arrive on the scene since Rossi and Stoner.

he'll be WC at some point and i'd like to see it happen this season for the sake of the sport, it needs a kick up the arse now and again but whether he can hold it together is open to debate(at this point in the season).

he should have been on Danis tail but he was making mistakes everywhere (bigger ones than anyone else on the track bar a few notable exceptions who decided the gravel traps were a far better surface than the racing line), if he can temper his refreshing enthusiasm he might just do it and that will make contract negotiations very interesting in 2014, teams apart from Honda will be looking for who can beat the little guy.

still, lots of races to go and lots of permutations to cogitate over and if i'm wrong so what, somebodys got to win it and to be sensible it's down to 3 riders at the moment but i'm going to enjoy the racing and leave the guys to sort it out among themselves.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

MM in the wet

Still not convinced about MM in the wet yet.

He was struggling in Malaysia last year and was stuck in 7th, falling way behind the leaders until he eventually binned it.

Valencia was the same, rooted in 7th / 8th, but when the track began to give a dry line he picked up places and was much quicker.

Same at Le Mans, not making a lot of progress whilst the track was wet but began to fly when the dry line appeared.

It's a pattern, but doesn't necessarily mean it will be repeated every time there is a wet race, but if there are two or three fully wet races this year, he could possibly lose a lot of ground to Lorenzo / Pedrosa if the pattern does continue.

Reply to this Topic
ImNewHere

May 13

ImNewHere says:

Fogging visor

Man, if only AGV had employed some kind of massively expensive, custom-fitted bespoke helmet design process specifically around him to encorporate all aspects of his riding. What do you mean, they did?

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Visor misting...??

The condensation of his own tears at seeing a red bike away in the distance and another one about to come tearing past

Reply to this Topic
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

dani

Needed these last two races to remember that he deserves a WC title. He has always had bad luck at bad times...lemans 2011 when he was in the hunt, and i think he was even leading the championship at the time. Last year stoner and pedrosa scuppered themselves with casey "winning" team repsols first half and dani the second...unfortunately for the little fighter, casey was retiring and so didnt try in the least to help his teamate...sachsenring, philip,etc. Fair play to casey as he was retiring....all im saying is jorge didnt have ben taking points off him like dani had. Dani knows marquez will be world champ sooner rather than later, and im rooting for dani to pull it off this year( and rossi too of course, which has been disappointing so far...). Thecseason started off poorly for ole pedrosa and most thought hecwas going to play bridesmaid to his teamate again, but hats off to him for growing a huge set this year and saying F-You to convention and fighting...he has shown with the second half last year and the last three races that he has the mindset of a champion, and i really hope he can pull it off this year...he has a great chance, as marquez has helped tremendously by getting inside jorge's head already for him. Dani has been kicked around for years and that has made him mentally tough...jorge's awesome but flawed like casey and to a lesser degree sete(who was very strong on the bike but not in the head)...if honda sees dani fighting like that, mark my words, they will tell marquez to back off, although i dont think they will have to as marquez seems content amusing himself messing with jorge's head...now if only rossi would capitalize tooo....really gutted that he blew it at le mans...jorge isnt going to have alot of those moments and vale needed to go for the kill....

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices