Skip to content

Discuss This Cal Crutchlow savours career best second in France MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Cal Crutchlow savours career best second in France

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Cal Crutchlow savours career best second in France

Cal Crutchlow’s fantastic start to the 2013 MotoGP world championship continued in Le Mans yesterday when the British rider stormed to a career best second position. Riding with a badly swollen right knee and a small fracture in his leg after a heavy crash in Saturday’s FP4 session, Crutchlow mastered tricky conditions on a wet and then drying track to finish...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (20 May 2013 16:16)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
gixanator

May 13

gixanator says:

this would be the Pol that's shitting his pants because his team mate is faster than him?

one thing any team manager looks for is consistency in the face of adversity which is what Cal gives Herve, not a bottler who can't seem to think for himself(Aliex always pampering his fragile ego) unless his bike is spot on perfect and he knows it.

Stevie Rabbit has made Pol look very ordinary this season(along with a few others) and we've only just started!!!!!

If Pol gets anywhere this season Herve may relax but at the moment i think he's ruing his offer.

still, Cal's making Herve as happy as a sandboy which is ALL that matters to him and the other team managers/owners will be looking very intently at Cal's next move because as sure as eggs is eggs he's not damaging his stock like Pol is so far.

to beat Marquez, even in the wet is a coup, not maybe to posters here but Herve,Denning or whoever don't listen to "give it to Pol,he'd do better" because that statement has no basis in fact or fiction, Pol is a Moto2 rider, if he does get a Motogp ride he'll deserve it, just like every rider on the grid, Bradders included(Smith is being coached because precocious talent like Stoner and Marquez don't come along that often).

as for Dovi, well, he's on a Duke so what do you expect, the only rider to tame that beast is Stoner, a talent certainly overshadowing Dovi.

i would hazard that both Marquez and Stoner are shit at bike development(but good at set up), they just ride whatever is underneath them and can judge the limit better than any other riders on the grid so are as near to crashing more than most but bloody fast doing it.

first post, go for it boys and girls, you know you want to!!!!!!!

PS one thing Cal's dusted off is the old "WSB riders can't hack it in MotoGP" adage so favoured on this forum so he's doing something very right.

Reply to this Topic
vmax4steve

Mar 08

vmax4steve says:

That little piece on the BBC about Lorenzo and Crutchlow being buddies, message to Yamahas top brass maybe ? especially seeing as Cal and Rossi seem to be on the same bike while Jorge clears off into the distance, sundays race not withstanding for some reason.

Reply to this Topic
OwainGlyndwr

May 13

OwainGlyndwr says:

... Gixanator - thank Christ. My day-long search for intelligence is finally at an end. An interesting post at last - thanks so very much. Please stay.

Reply to this Topic
gixanator

May 13

gixanator says:

Vmax

you could be right, Cal's really showing the non aliens the way home this season, maybe Yam are thinking of releasing Rossi for next year, any team worth it's salt would love those 2 in their team.

but then there's the experts on here who have the massed brains that make Yamaha look like a chimps tea party.

one thing posters here have that teams don't : emotion.

for them it's the bottom line, not who they like.

if you show the results and the tenacity they'll look at you and might even offer you a job.

Cal's showing results and is the epitome of tenacious and the boy can ride, even an idiot can see that, i know because i can!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
RevNutz

Jan 13

RevNutz says:

Good ride!

Should have been a bit more aggresive with Dovi and he might of had a very small opportunity of catching or even sticking with Pedrosa if he had done it earlier. That's my only worry with Cal, always seems to wait too long before he makes a move and it almost cost him second place with Marquez storming through the field. His constant wining about having a non-factory ride is starting to annoy people as well, Poncharal has said himself that the Tech3 Yamaha's are hardly any different to the factory bikes that Lorenzo and Rossi ride. But Crutchlow seems adamant that if he were on a factory bike he'd be able to challenge for the title, even though it seems he is actually able to challenge for the title even on the "satellite" Yamaha.

Reply to this Topic
huggydave

Aug 12

huggydave says:

Rossi's stock?

I would love to know if the yamaha dealers have had a huge spike in sales since his return, if not and he doesn't hit his own targets of how ever many podiums and a race win what's the point, especially if cal finishes higher in the championship as well, I think if it happens a move to wsb for him, nudge cal onto factory yam n free up tech 3 seat for Aliex, redding or pol, hopefully redding though, up the Brits!

Reply to this Topic
gixanator

May 13

gixanator says:

i think you're right Rev, he does take an age to pass others which could come back to bite him but can you imagine the uproar if he did a Marquez?

he needs to tread carefully because he's riding for a job next season and skittling potential employers charges isn't good for the CV.

i think we'll see the best of Cal if/when he get's a factory ride,he's riding on eggshells so to speak at the moment.

or i could be totally wrong and he shits his chance because of his big mouth, you just never know.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Gixanator

Two things right on the button:

or i could be totally wrong and he shits his chance because of his big mouth, you just never know.

All very well giving an honest opinion but know when to knock it off. Keep rambling and all sorts of crap will come out, especially when you start calling other riders scared. It sounds pompous at best. He needs to keep it in check as it won't do him any favours.

one thing Cal's dusted off is the old "WSB riders can't hack it in MotoGP" adage so favoured on this forum so he's doing something very right

Agree entirely. None of them are Motogp riders before they get on one. Never understood the train of thought that said a 250 2-stroke GP bike, now a Moto 2 bike, was better preparation for a Motogp bike than coming from some other discipline such as WSB or whatever. Roberts, McCoy, Bayle, all came from dirt track and were quick from the off in the 'big' class. If you're good enough, you're good enough, regardless of the route you take.

Reply to this Topic
noddy61

Apr 13

noddy61 says:

To be honest Yammy need to find a rider to stand up against MM and DP,sorry but it aint Cal and it certainly isn't Rossi,the Honda team is so strong now Yammy need to find the new Marquez and make Yorgi there no2 rider.

So far this year Scotts proved he could be that man, Pol the original shoe in looks fragile now the pressure is on.

Reply to this Topic
73mach3

Oct 12

73mach3 says:

huggy

yamaha sales in beautiful so cal here at my shop same o samo but doing better than triumph and suzi. sport bike sales our just down.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices