Skip to content

Discuss This Cal Crutchlow savours career best second in France MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Cal Crutchlow savours career best second in France

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Cal Crutchlow savours career best second in France

Cal Crutchlow’s fantastic start to the 2013 MotoGP world championship continued in Le Mans yesterday when the British rider stormed to a career best second position. Riding with a badly swollen right knee and a small fracture in his leg after a heavy crash in Saturday’s FP4 session, Crutchlow mastered tricky conditions on a wet and then drying track to finish...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (20 May 2013 16:16)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Saturn

Where he'll be next year who knows.

This year, he has every chance of a podium under genuine circumstances and that includes another rider crashing out because they pushed too hard (their own fault), rather than being taken out or suffering a mechanical DNF / problem

So far he's beaten Rossi twice, both times fairly. I've read the claptrap that Rossi was saving his tyre for later in the race (obviously, seeing as he crashed just after his fastest lap - that how you save a tyre?) Cal passed him on track and pulled away. Something that some, who are now absent from these boards, said he'd never do

So they have two a piece at the moment and it could be pretty close between them in many more races. If he doesn't have any howlers, a genuine 4th isn't beyond the realms of possibility.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Benny

Just like on the Redding thread, it's always the English who raise nationality as an issue.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Personally i'd say that others from THESE shores raise the issue of nationality moreso than the 'English'. We're not 'allowed' to be English these days bud as i'm sure you're well aware.

Just an observation.

Reply to this Topic
OwainGlyndwr

May 13

OwainGlyndwr says:

Yep, PC ...

... it's all balls - speaking of which, I must bravely admit that one of the highlights of the race was Crutchlow's pass on Dovi. 

Perverse I know, but as a 'fan' I saw it as a beautifully executed move - one mistake on worn rubber by Dovi, and 'Bang' Crutchlow was through like a bullet. 

Good, clean pass, but too late on in the race to trouble Pedrosa - a real shame because he appeared to be as quick as Dani. 

C'est la vie.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Let's face it..

..you could argue it's only Cal and Marquez keeping things interesting on track. It would seem these are the only 2 prepared to put a move on anybody in the big class. Still not enough for some of you fuckwits though..

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
gixanator

May 13

gixanator says:

hi BultoBoy

sorry, i wasn't suggesting Cal is scared to go for the pass, it''s just he is as fast as any out there on a clear track and only becomes circumspect when he has to overtake top runners.

i see that as being sensible as he's not in the same PR league as Marquez and the aliens so he seems to be hedging his bets, he could be in for Bradls or Bautistas seat, who knows but if he's skittling them off every weekend and not scoring points himself his stock is damaged.

sorry if you thought i was suggesting he was scared, i wouldn't begin to criticise someone on a 200+ bhp MotoGp bike as being scared but i do believe he has a brain and can see that a works bike is the way to go so he's treating those riders on works machinery with a little respect(while he has to!).

finishing regularly as top satelite every weekend can do the boy no harm whatsoever in the eyes of the paddock which is where it counts, certainly more pertinent than opinion here(mine included).

as Cal might say "up there for thinking,down there for dancing".

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

Squirt

That Ducati was pulling away from Cal out of the corners and he did take Dovi once his tyre gave up so I think he knew Dovi's tyre was going go so he took his time to pass him. A sensible ride as someone has all ready said from a man looking for a factory ride.

Reply to this Topic
DoubtingThomas

Apr 13

Mouth

one thing posters here have that teams don't : emotion.

for them it's the bottom line, not who they like.

if you show the results and the tenacity they'll look at you and might even offer you a job.

Then Ducati retract that job when he blabs to the world he's a Ducati rider. Then he pisses off Yamaha by telling the world his equipment is rubbish, so they talk to Pol.

A couple of crappy results and prospective employers will be asking if they really need the hassle his mouth brings.

Reply to this Topic
gixanator

May 13

gixanator says:

DT

i did put the proviso in that his mouth might turn his plans to shit.

i'd guess they're talking to Pol because Cal looks to be going on to greater things(or descending into obscurity in BSB or WSB), either way i don't think Cal sees another year on the Tech 3 as an option to further his career.

of course there is always Dani's seat in question if he doesn't deliver this year, surely they won't let him try another year in the premier team in the class?

Puig must have something on Dorna to have got him this long already without success.

having said that if i were a betting man i'd have a fiver on Dani this year(shame you can't get an each way on MotoGP!).

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

gixanator

There are very limited options for satellite riders not least of all Cal.  Win or lose Dani isn't going anywhere he's on a two year contract, likewise Rossi also on a 2 year contract. That only leaves the returning Suzuki (unknown impact on the championship) and the struggling Ducati.   Not much of a choice I would say.  Unless you are on a factory Repsol or Yamaha M1  you've got two chances - No Hope and Bob Hope.

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

Contracts

can be broken if you can afford it, Cal is getting a lot of press at the mo and Dorna is looking at Cal with Euro signs in their eyes.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices