Skip to content

Discuss This Cal Crutchlow savours career best second in France MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Cal Crutchlow savours career best second in France

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Cal Crutchlow savours career best second in France

Cal Crutchlow’s fantastic start to the 2013 MotoGP world championship continued in Le Mans yesterday when the British rider stormed to a career best second position. Riding with a badly swollen right knee and a small fracture in his leg after a heavy crash in Saturday’s FP4 session, Crutchlow mastered tricky conditions on a wet and then drying track to finish...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (20 May 2013 16:16)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
OwainGlyndwr

May 13

OwainGlyndwr says:

Factory Guy ...

... just 3 podiums from 38 starts and 10 DNF's - yeah, give this man a factory bike.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

OG...

"just 3 podiums from 38 starts and 10 DNF's - yeah, give this man a factory bike"

Honda gave one to Dovi after 1 year & 1 podium. He rewarded them with 4 DNF's & another podium in his 1st year & was beaten in the championship by a satellite rider. Cal's the best non-factory rider out there at the moment & is regularly beating factory riders, just as did Dovi to Hayden in 2008 & Edwards did to Dovi in 2009.

Reply to this Topic
OwainGlyndwr

May 13

OwainGlyndwr says:

Hedgey ...

... let's keep things current rather than trawling through the dusty archives. The past two seasons are the form guide - ask any Rossi fan.

Reply to this Topic
winger

Aug 02

winger says:

Benny

It's OK you shouting your mouth off about 3 podiums in 38 starts, when I guy in Moto 2 is being offered a  factory bike with zero track record,apart from he's Spanish,thats the rub.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Let's talk form..

..at the same point last season, Dovi was 9 points behind Cal's current total.

Reply to this Topic
OwainGlyndwr

May 13

OwainGlyndwr says:

CHR

... 9 points here, 9 points there - I think you've posted a 'doubler' on the Dovi thread. Not much of a come-back really - is it?

Reply to this Topic
OwainGlyndwr

May 13

OwainGlyndwr says:

Winger ...

... zero track record? Come, come - for a BT broadband viewer you should know better. Try 15 podiums from 38 starts including 5 wins racing against Marquez. That's hardly zero - is it? 

Check his record out against the other great white hope Scott Redding who, according to some, simply must get a GP ride. 

It's about old dogs, new tricks and intelligence - the point being that 27-yr old Crutchlow is unable to learn. He's still making the same old mistakes that he made in the past so give a younger, brighter person a chance - someone like Pol (or if he doesn't want it, then give it to Redding) .

The English and this 'nationality' thing - again?

It's not about being Spanish, it's about being the best.

Reply to this Topic
simondick76

Jan 09

simondick76 says:

Give Pol the ride

I honestly think Pol should get the ride over Cal as Crutchlow has stated time and time again that he doesn't want to be on a satellite bike. Now in any other employment the last person you want working for you is someone who really doesn't want to be there. I am really not a fan of Crutchlow as he bumps his gums and doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut. I can appreciate that he is doing a good job this year but he is far too arrogant coming out with statement post-race "I knew dovi would crack!!!!!," WTF That would be the same guy who whipped his ass last season time and time again!! He is disrespectful to his employers Tech3 and Yamaha and also Pol who he says he would beat no problem!!!! How the hell would he know this? The guy is very very good but he is nothing special and if you look back over the previous races this season it's very rare if he does NOT make a mistake and go straight on, go wide or even crash. He has got it in his head that he is a Lorenzo,Marques or Pedrosa and he most certainly is not, those guys are in a different league. One thing that also gets right up my nose is if you watch the race on BBC is his attempts to be funny regarding Matt Roberts clothing every fkn race!!!! It might have been funny the first time but after 2 seasons every race it is just down right fkn boring!! If you need to say something then come up with something new!! Going to the Catalunya race in 3 weeks but I'm afraid it will be Marques I will be cheering on as I'm sorry Cal you just get right on my fkn nerves!!! Phew rant over!!! Lol

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Well, I think you'll find it's the perfect comeback..

..Cal's owning Dovi and I'm owning you...

Reply to this Topic
OwainGlyndwr

May 13

OwainGlyndwr says:

That's slightly better ...

... so I'm prepared to let it go this time. Just stay off the 'factory' threads.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices