Skip to content

Discuss This Cal Crutchlow savours career best second in France MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Cal Crutchlow savours career best second in France

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Cal Crutchlow savours career best second in France

Cal Crutchlow’s fantastic start to the 2013 MotoGP world championship continued in Le Mans yesterday when the British rider stormed to a career best second position. Riding with a badly swollen right knee and a small fracture in his leg after a heavy crash in Saturday’s FP4 session, Crutchlow mastered tricky conditions on a wet and then drying track to finish...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (20 May 2013 16:16)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

Consider this

Dovi was fourth and cal second. Job done. Nuff said. You could see how much faster those Hondas were by the way Marquez attacked in the second half of the race. There was no catching pedola in the wet.

Reply to this Topic
noddy61

Apr 13

noddy61 says:

Cal fluffewd it he managed to turn a possible win into a second place,pure and simple.

Hey Rev,I like the union flag behind you,could you please point out to the Welsh bit.

Reply to this Topic
noddy61

Apr 13

noddy61 says:

Oh i remember that well, now pass me mi walking stick I'm off to the post office.

Can also remember Cal and Toseland on a airfield with a pair of R1's and a box full of new clutches to do practice starts with, it does seem that it is a Yammy problem dragging its ass off the line.

Reply to this Topic
noddy61

Apr 13

noddy61 says:

But usualy its the Repsol thats there first, could argue power to weight ratios but i'd pick that the Honda has a better launch package and just gets off the line better

Reply to this Topic
noddy61

Apr 13

noddy61 says:

algorithms or lots of complicated maths

All the rider has to do is pin the throttle and dump the clutch when the lights go out,nothing hard about that.Maybe thats where the Techtrois package isn't upto factory spec, the start line is when the electronics is having to work at its hardest to keep up with whats happening and stop rear wheel spin and the bike wanting to loop itself when it does get traction.Come on Jarvis whats the dif between nearly factory spec.

Reply to this Topic
noddy61

Apr 13

noddy61 says:

The fact is Yammy are not short of have looking/using Cals data so I don't think Brads is an hindarence ,any way allways thought theres 2 bikes at Tech3 ,1 owned by Yammaha and the other owned by tech3 and built up out of the parts bin,it just so happend last year that  the new 1000s changed that for a short while and Cal could keep up with Dovi from the off but then Dovi started getting the new parts(brake rotars) and Cal had to wait for them.

I think Cal is over riding on a bike that is 99.67567% full factory against some very good riders or aliens and is crashing because of the company he's trying to keep, but I'm sure if he was riding the bike Brads got I'd think he'd struggle for the top 8,just my opinion.

Any way going for a shoot out on mi segway, enjoyed the crack and fingers crossed for Cal to do Rossi again this weekend

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

Yes Reverend

Cal could do with better starts,however its better experience to get a mediocre start and claw forward than to steam into the first corner road block everyone for a few laps and go backwards,back and "FOURTH" so as to speak,What could Cal do with one of those Repsol Honda's .It would be good to see,We know what your man did Vicar don't we ,Nice to see your backhanded praise of Cal through gritted teeth maintaining it's droning pace,Like it or not number 35 is doing a sterling job and continues to improve.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

stig

Cal could do with better starts,however its better experience to get a mediocre start and claw forward than to steam into the first corner road block everyone for a few laps and go backwards

-------------------------------------------------

Give me fast starts and first into the corner every day of the week. The experience that's to be gained is keeping the other fuckers behind you and not letting them overtake!!!!

Maybe MM should start on the 3rd row.......................to gain experience?????

Cal can't launch the thing for some reason and probably never will on a regular basis. But here's hoping.

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

PaceyCasey

You have missed my point a little,Getting a good start is vital but there are those who get good starts and drift back and have done that for a few years,Yes to stay in front and not let them pass is good experience but that needs to be mixed with progressing forwards also,As for MM starting on the third row ?,may I suggest you watch Le Mans again you will see that He was about Ninth on the first lap with Cal about Eighth so I think you will find that He did gain that experience and indeed finished behind Cal so they both made good progress. but as you state with a good start what may they have done?, Pedrosa would of had closer company for sure ,Cal has not been hard enough in his passing as well as his starts so I hope this marks an improvement in his belief in passing and that his starts improve as for sure once he has a clear track he's fast,I am sure you will see the same people quick off the mark and go backwards at Mugello even more so

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices