Skip to content

Discuss This You ask/you answer: Getting my knee down General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > You ask/you answer: Getting my knee down

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

You ask/you answer: Getting my knee down

"I've been on a couple of trackdays now, one at Brands Hatch, one at Snetterton, and I really thought I'd lose my knee-down virginity – but didn't. I'm 5'11", and ride a bog-stock 2002 Honda Fireblade 954, and the 'hero blobs' are touching down, but my knee isn't. The bike is leant over far enough, I'm lapping in the middle...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (20 May 2013 17:13)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
makemyday112

Feb 11

makemyday112 says:

your not hanging off far enuff ya poosssssssssaaaaaayyyyyyyy

Reply to this Topic
makemyday112

Feb 11

makemyday112 says:

dixie kid

because its a gauge of not falling off from leaning it to much its all about hanging the f k off the bike just hang off when i first did it seemed i was hanging off enuff but i wasnt hang off alot more than ur doing the bike sits up better and feels so much smoother round the bends ye boy

Reply to this Topic
ZMC888

Nov 09

ZMC888 says:

You can practice it at low speed, the only problem is finding a spot with fairly consistent black top, lean off further and further. 'looking around the barn door' was an anaolgy that helped me most.

Reply to this Topic
billysollocks

Feb 09

As an old phart, I try to keep bits of my anatomy well away from the tarmac. For road riding, which is what I do, I feel no need to move around, hang off, shift arse cheeks etc. as it unsettles the bike. I adhere to the old maxim - slow in, fast out.

Works for me, anyway.

Reply to this Topic
Bob_1

Feb 05

Bob_1 says:

Idiot

"I'm shifting my arse off the seat, and I'm sticking my knee out – but nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?" 

You're sticking the wrong knee out. :biggrin:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Chilliesauce69

Aug 11

If your hero blobs are touching down your bike is more than lent over enough, it is 100% your body position. 

I see people writing lots of advice but nobody has mentioned your feet position.  Your inside foot should be high up on the peg (almost on your toes) and your outside foot firmly planted on the peg with the outside knee hooking onto the tank for grip (stomp pads work great). 

Also a top tip for anybody reading, DONT polish your tank as you need as much grip as you can get and you don't want to slip off from over hanging.  I see a lad on my 2nd ever track day at Cadwell do just this 2 bikes in front of me. 

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Do-It-Yourself

Go to the do-it-yourself store and pick up a cheap power sander. A few seconds on the sliders and the peg feelers will make you look like a hero rider.

Reply to this Topic
busterrabbit

Sep 12

busterrabbit says:

Why?

Why do you want to get your knee down at all? Knee down is totally irrelevant for road riding, riding on a track is totally different and I'd arrange some proper instruction if it's that important to you. I certainly don't want to be out on a track with a load of weekend warriors trying to scuff up their sliders for the pose value. Let's be honest no one who rides, or drives a couple of thousand miles a year on sunny Sundays is going to be much good at it. Just get out there,ride more and enjoy it.

Reply to this Topic
kapps

Apr 09

kapps says:

Because you're a faggot.......grow some balls.....get over further.

Or get some tuition on body position.

Reply to this Topic
keepitreal288

May 13

knee down?

MCN tutorial on youtube.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle