Skip to content

Discuss This Should Cal Crutchlow get Valentino Rossi's M1 next year? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Should Cal Crutchlow get Valentino Rossi's M1 next year?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

System  says:

Should Cal Crutchlow get Valentino Rossi's M1 next year?

After his excellent showing last weekend at Le Mans, the entire world is talking about Cal Crutchlow. But at the minute he's still stuck with no factory ride for 2014, especially if he wants to stay with Yamaha. Is it time for the factory to reward him, and bump a poorly-performing Valentino Rossi from his factory M1?    

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (21 May 2013 10:17)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
davdamos

Feb 08

davdamos says:

Tough one. Cal is doing well and deserves a factory ride, but will Yamaha want to get rid of Rossi who earns them so much money from sponsors and fans? Especially after buying him back from ducati

Reply to this Topic
TrumpetTriple

Aug 02

Ridiculous

Another daft question, Cal is having a great year for sure but Valentino is Valentino, still the biggest publicity machine in MOTOGP right now, Marquez will close that gap if he keeps going as he seems to be quite personable/likeable too.

Also, i do believe Rossi will be back on the money soon, he's got to get his confidence back after the Ducati years, it'll come, he'll win races again before he retires, don't think a title but a race or two.

Cal for the works Suzuki ! gotta happen.

Reply to this Topic
hl4ah

Oct 02

hl4ah says:

No

No, but he can have Lorenzo's. Isn't Rossi on a two year contract anyway?

Reply to this Topic
shak7796

May 13

shak7796 says:

this results doesnt say anyhting about cruthclow he got this podium finish by luck becase rossi crashed,if rossi didnt crash he would have surely crashed while a dry line was forming on the track

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

No because both of those factory Yamaha seats are under contract till 2015.

Reply to this Topic
Winston46

May 13

Winston46 says:

Has the world gone mad?

What a ridiculous poll to post MCN, Valentino has only had 4 races back on the M1, he will win in Mugello and at other races over this season he just needs to re-gain his confidence!

Reply to this Topic
winger

Aug 02

winger says:

Rossi's problem isn't the bike,he's always had the fear factor in his favour and thats gone Marques has got it,Yamaha have a problem the bike is boarder line and Rossi at this point in time can't back Lorenzo up,Cal is having to do it,surely Yamaha aren't dumb enough to let him leave.

Reply to this Topic
StupidRider

Jul 09

StupidRider says:

King Rossi

I started watching bike racing in 2001 when I was 17 and decided to support Rossi for the same reason I decided to support Hakkinnen in F1 the previous year, I liked the racers colour scheme! I had no knowledge of bike racing or racers back then. It just so turned out that he IS the GREATEST of all time! When Rossi hangs up his leathers I'm going to call it a day with MotoGP and just follow the TT once a year. No-one has done things with a bike like Rossi has over the years, how many times have we seen him run rings around other world class riders with worn tyres and in the wet. Marquez may be quick but he's a bit out of control whereas Rossi used to be visibly incontrol when he took his bikes beyond their limit. Not sure why heisn't doing the same these days but my allegiance remains and I hope to see his style return... Cal should get the Ducati, might suit his style?

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

Cal

Shak - Cal had already overtaken Rossi by the time Rossi had his accident so he wasn't gifted his place.

Rossi hasn't impressed with his results this year yet and I'm sceptical that he can regain his true former glory. For sure he had a good first race but the results since then have been a little lack lustre.

Whilst Rossi is a draw for crowds its on the premise that he can regularly win again. He's no longer the number 1 rider in the factory team and hasn't been challenging his team mate that regularly (that's the real mark of whether a rider stays or goes).

Cal might be able to get slightly better results with a factory bike but I think the Tech 3 Yam is the pinnacle of the non factory bikes and better than some of the legit factory efforts. Next year if Suzuki come back there may be factory seats for Cal to consider but at the moment there's only 6 factory positions and 5 of them are taken for next year.

Reply to this Topic
TrumpetTriple

Aug 02

stupidrider

Can't fault your honesty, however there have alrways been riders who over ride the bikes limits while remaining wheels down , Wayne Rainey in 1992/3 , Lawson in 1989 on that seasons evil NSR500, Freddie Spencer on 1984's Honda NSR, Barry Sheene in 1983 and 1984 ....

Rossi will win a couple more MOTOGP races before he quits the sport for sure, keep watching, Marquez will be the next great for definate, the kid is astonishing and i remember Spencer when he appeared in 1982 and he was too.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices