Skip to content

Discuss This Should Cal Crutchlow get Valentino Rossi's M1 next year? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Should Cal Crutchlow get Valentino Rossi's M1 next year?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

System  says:

Should Cal Crutchlow get Valentino Rossi's M1 next year?

After his excellent showing last weekend at Le Mans, the entire world is talking about Cal Crutchlow. But at the minute he's still stuck with no factory ride for 2014, especially if he wants to stay with Yamaha. Is it time for the factory to reward him, and bump a poorly-performing Valentino Rossi from his factory M1?    

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (21 May 2013 10:17)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
petedj

Jan 11

petedj says:

Doesn't Rossi have a 2 year deal?  Cal deserves a factory ride, so does Rossi.

Reply to this Topic
agent55

Nov 10

agent55 says:

Pi$$ off MCN

Seriously, piss off with sensationalist garbage like this you morons. It's a single race, and Cal's a Brit, in the rain, duh.

Reply to this Topic
mchale2020

Apr 12

mchale2020 says:

Tunings Porks

This article might be a little too eccentric to offer any perspective on the future of the factory M1s and who will be riding them in the coming future. However, Yamaha is probably sweating bullets s as their two factory riders are struggling against HRC and it seems Yamaha is desperate to find a setup to challenge the mighty RCV. Unfortunately, I think they are asking too much of the package they have now as the M1 cannot outpace the RCV outright. JL and VR have the input to help Yamaha put together something more competitive, but it's going to take time and be a source of aggravation and struggle. I think if CC can stay consistent with his success this season, Yamaha would be wise to give him a factory M1 within Tech 3 as they will need all the help they can muster against HRC's MM and DP and they aren't going to find a talent like him anywhere else. I think in this new found MM frenzy, Yamaha will try and sign on Pol Espargaro for another new factory ride through Tech 3 and let Bradley Smith sort out his future on a M1 powered lease machine. I don't think Bradley is a bad rider and needs time to mature into something great, but the MM problem most likely makes the Yamaha brass very uncomfortable and desperate for a solution. I'm just worried CC might take the factory seat with returning Suzuki. They might be able to offer a competitive machine, but I can't help but feel skeptical of that ever becoming a reality. They might offer CC a better contract though.

Reply to this Topic
pacman1967

Mar 13

pacman1967 says:

Breach of Contract to sign

a British rider? I'm sure Dorna would pay Yamaha to do it for a Spaniard,(Espagaro for example) but seriosly what a stupid poll. Yamaha has a contract with Rossi for 2013-2014 so Cal could win the Championship and Vale and Jorge would keep their rides next year.

Reply to this Topic
Bob_1

Feb 05

Bob_1 says:

No - but

......Tech 3 should get the latest factory parts to make the satellite bike as good as Rossi's.

Reply to this Topic
TehJazzi

May 13

TehJazzi says:

Well...

If Yamaha really wanted him to stay as a factory rider maybe they'll put in a third bike, like Honda did a couple years back...

Reply to this Topic
chriswren

Jul 09

chriswren says:

I think Cal should get it on Val's performance so far..........   not that I want to right him off just yet and his performance in the first race was storming but Cal certainly seems to be more consistant and on a slower bike.

We still have a long way to go and I would love to see Val pull it together and win but he just seems off the pace. 

Cal is hungry for it, perhapes Val needs to find a new challenge.

Reply to this Topic
Mooky55

Jul 08

Mooky55 says:

The best solution would be for Cal to get a factory Yamaha. I doubt very much he will outscore Vale this year. If Vale hadnt hit the bumps and fallen off he would have been third probably.

Maybe he should win a race before getting a factory bike?

Anyway the issue is that Brad Smith and Pol Esparago will be Tech 3 riders next year, when really it should be Cal and Pol.. cause Brad isnt exactly showing his competence.

Reply to this Topic
selim

May 13

selim says:

Cal will be on the factory Suzuki next year......

Reply to this Topic
JustBe

May 09

JustBe says:

hmm

If Rossi doesn't improve I don't see why he would want to stick in Moto GP. He was back up to speed in 2010 after his injury, just weird how he seems to have lost his mojo after Ducati. That said last race suited Ducati, Rossi got two podiums there, Dovi didn't get a podium......

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices