Skip to content

DUCATI Staff Blog:Tyres changed after 2500 miles in five days MULTISTRADA 1200

You are in... Forums > DUCATI > MULTISTRADA 1200 > Staff Blog:Tyres changed after 2500 miles in five days

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Downes  says:

Staff Blog:Tyres changed after 2500 miles in five days

The mobile tyre fitter has just left having swopped the worn out tyres on the Ducati Multistrada 1200 S Touring which had been reduced to near illegal wear depth following my trip to the Ducati factory last week; a 2500 mile round trip. You’ll be able to read a full account of my trip to Bologna in a forthcoming issue of...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (21 May 2013 15:10)

Post a message in MULTISTRADA 1200

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
davetrousers

Aug 02

davetrousers says:

Track -orientated not oriented, please correct your Americanisms and disable your American spellchecker.

Reply to this Topic
AndyDownes

Aug 02

AndyDownes says:

davetrousers

The use of oriented and orientated are now considered so interchangeable as to have the same meaning. I appreciate there are many who don't like oriented as they think it's an Americanism but it is generally accepted as OK these days.

I draw the line at the spelling of colour, favourite and organise though!!!!

Kind regards

Andy Downes

MCN Senior Reporter

Reply to this Topic
agamsa

May 13

agamsa says:

Orientation

Davetrousers, "Track-orientated tyres" is hardly classic English; to orient means to point something in a particular direction, thereby giving it an orientation. "Market-oriented" is management speak. Tyres are not pointed towards a track. Some are designed with track use in mind. Perhaps we can agree that "track tyres"  is better?

This discussion has a very different feel to the proposed, new roundabout layout thread.

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Americans

An American is anyone who lives in the Americas - North America and South America. So the first language of most Americans is Spanish, not English.

Those from the country whose contiguous area lies between Canada and Mexico are properly called USians. So the proper term to describe "oriented" is USianism and not Americanism.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices