Skip to content

Discuss This Bridgestone: No fault with Jorge Lorenzo’s Le Mans tyre MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Bridgestone: No fault with Jorge Lorenzo’s Le Mans tyre

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Bridgestone: No fault with Jorge Lorenzo’s Le Mans tyre

Bridgestone has confirmed that a thorough examination of the rear rain tyre used by reigning world champion Jorge Lorenzo in Sunday’s French MotoGP race showed up no defect. Lorenzo suffered a nightmare in a rain-hit Le Mans encounter when he slumped from second to seventh and the Spaniard blamed a chronic lack of rear grip for his worst result since his...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (21 May 2013 16:13)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

As usual

Bridgestone never aportion blame to a dud tyre. Probably a combination of the two,tyre and set up. If George says it was the tyre,I believe it was the tyre more to blame. I guess Nakano's Mugello crash down the main straight was also a set up issue. HUH ? Fair play though. Bridgestone have been pretty consistent as a sole tyre manufacturer. Oh yeah, Lorenzo/Rossi tyre wars. Bring out the bricks and mortar. Animal Farm. More equal than others and all. Meanwhile HRC have it sorted for the moment. Sorted until Dorna change the rule book again early season in cahoots with desired podiums and marketing in general. Bring back the tyre war. Monopolies are bad for public consumption. This should be applied as a matter of urgency across all classes. Man,moment,machine all the way from M3 to GP. Lock teams and riders into 2 year tyre contracts along with the standard bike/manufacturer team contracts. That way should you F off to another bike,you are still lumbered with the same rubber,good or bad for a year at least.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

What do I have to say bring the tyre war back Michelin against Bridgestone and see what happens.

Reply to this Topic
RevNutz

Jan 13

RevNutz says:

Dorna are stuck with Bridgestone

Even if Dorna started to have doubts about whether this one make tyre rule is the right thing to do. I doubt Michelin are going to accept an apology from Dorna since they pretty much forced them out of the sport. Not sure about Dunlop, even if they thought about it, I don't think they find anyone who would want to use their tyres, that's the reason why they weren't on the grid in 2008, despite the promising performances towards the end of 2007 by Guintoli and Tamada on the Tech3 Yamaha's.

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

Why aren't the usual brain dead twats laying into JL, saying he is full of excuses, his setting up practices are suspect, he can't ride in the rain, he is developing the bike backwards......you know, all the usual shit, if Rossi had dared to blame the tyre.

Reply to this Topic
OwainGlyndwr

May 13

OwainGlyndwr says:

Firebird ...

... which tyres are you talking about - the qualifiers or the race tyres?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
aquarius

Jun 09

aquarius says:

LORENZO’S TYRE WOE

Given the Yamaha Factory Team & Lorenzo’s metronome-like consistency for several seasons, which would very strongly suggest they know exactly what they are doing with “set-up” – this is one of those strange ones that arise occasionally. As to Bridgestone’s exculpatory comments: - Mmmm, well – as Mandy Rice-Davies famously said in Court during the Profumo scandal, “Well, they would say that, wouldn’t they?”

Race tyre construction is a technological “black art” with all materials, componentry & the build process itself being a tightly & strictly controlled business indeed. Tyres are produced in marked “batches” according to their intended use, type & compounding, which theoretically should negate any “variation”. However, there have been far too many rider experiences like Lorenzo’s Le Mans one to simply imply that the problem is a matter of Black & White allocation of singular fault or blame. After all, Rossi also complained of the same syndrome (a rogue or crook tyre) earlier in the week-end & Casey Stoner also had inexplicable tyre wear & feel problems in several races through 2012 too, after having been on various & usually immaculately reliable Bridgestones since 2007.

It is entirely possible that combinations or “mixes” of temperature, set-up, track surface & ambient conditions (how wet/how dry etc) can combine to affect rider “feel”, tyre grip & longevity. In other words – it isn’t a matter of fault or “excuse” – it’s just the way it is & riders with differing styles, albeit on the same bike & tyre compounding, can very well have quite different experiences. I will ‘fess-up at this juncture to having enjoyed a long exposure to bike & car racing with the Firestone/Bridgestone Company in the past.

These two excellent links may assist readers in a basic understanding of both the build process & tyre/bike set up: http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/features/122_0311_michelin_tire/ AND http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFO4f33Z8bQ

Cheers

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

"Why aren't the usual brain dead twats laying into JL, saying he is full of excuses, his setting up practices are suspect, he can't ride in the rain, he is developing the bike backwards......you know, all the usual shit, if Rossi had dared to blame the tyre."

That's because Rossi blamed a 'bump' in the road.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

ElDiab...

"Rossi said he lost the braking point because of a bump and felt"

Not quite... he said "I arrived into Turn 6 and I don’t arrive too fast or too wide but I hit a bump with the brake and I lose the front."... i.e. he was already out of shape before the alleged "bump".

"Yamaha is also clearly inferior to the Honda"

It's Yamaha's turn to feel the Rossi effect on sales (some saw Cal take 2nd with an obvious straight line speed advantage which was a clear indication of machine superiority in past seasons). Rossi needs to start winning for them quickly.

Reply to this Topic
DoubtingThomas

Apr 13

Well

Guess now we know why Hogwart drowns us in stats instead of giving us an opinion.

How does not arriving too fast, or too wide turn into "he was already out of shape"?

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

ElDiab...

"Beside his declarations that surely don't support your point, didn't you watched the race? The fall?"

Yep... sorry... early morning posting... he fell mid-corner so inconclusive... he says a bump... not sure how he found a bump that the rest most of the field negotiated fine, but ok...  the only reason to disbelieve him is that he'd just set his fastest lap & was being closed down by Hayden meaning he was pushing hard but it's all subjective. It costs nothing to believe Rossi's account. He fell off.

"Do you really think the Honda is not the faster bike out there at the moment?"

This weekend Honda's overall rider & bike package was better than Yamaha... that was proved by who won the race... I said that, this weekend, the Yamaha was faster in a straight line, as measured by the race officials. I say that proves nothing because it's the overall package that matters... Stoner haters will disagree though. At the 1st race Yamaha clearly had the best rider/bike package(s)... this weekend, without JL's mysterious set-up problem he could have been on the podium ahead of Cal... unless Cal has suddenly become an alien.

"So both Lorenzo and Rossi are lying when stating the Hondas are superior?"

This weekend another Yamaha was clearly superior to both their machines & yet the rider of that bike was the one previously complaining that he was on inferior machinery... do you think racers might complain about their bikes when they get beaten? No... that never happens...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices