Skip to content

Discuss This Bridgestone: No fault with Jorge Lorenzo’s Le Mans tyre MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Bridgestone: No fault with Jorge Lorenzo’s Le Mans tyre

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Bridgestone: No fault with Jorge Lorenzo’s Le Mans tyre

Bridgestone has confirmed that a thorough examination of the rear rain tyre used by reigning world champion Jorge Lorenzo in Sunday’s French MotoGP race showed up no defect. Lorenzo suffered a nightmare in a rain-hit Le Mans encounter when he slumped from second to seventh and the Spaniard blamed a chronic lack of rear grip for his worst result since his...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (21 May 2013 16:13)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

YAWN!

Some of you guys are like scratched f@cking records. Rossi and Lorenzo lost pure and simple. They gave it a shot, but circumstances didn't go their way. There are still 14 races to go this year.There's nothing wrong with either the Honda or the Yamaha. If Rossi had placed or won, I doubt any of you knobs would have said, "what a superior and well balanced machine that Yamaha is." It'd be all due to the GOAT's brilliance and mastery as a 'developer'. You can't have it both ways in your little black and white world children. Swings and roundabouts, great riders need a good setup and for a bit of luck to come their way too. The last few races haven't  been the best for the factory Yamahas, especially for Rossi. Like Agostini said, 'you can't keep squeezing an orange and expect juice to keep coming out". Rossi's been a dominant force in GP racing for the best part of a decade. All good things come to an end. Or maybe you think they'll mark out a spot for the old GOAT's Zimmer frame next to the 2050 Yamaha.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

ElDiab...

"I agree with most of your post but it is obvious that this year Honda has a clear advantage"

How do you explain Cal then? Is he a better rider than struggling JL? Most have been telling him to stop moaning because he's on the same equipment... freak bad day for JL or freak good day for Cal... it's 2-1 to Honda plus a wet round where even a Ducati could've been on the podium (& was for the last 2 years)... you have obviously made your mind up... I'll wait for the next few rounds.

Reply to this Topic
OwainGlyndwr

May 13

OwainGlyndwr says:

freak bad day for JL and a freak good day for Cal

Hit the nail on the head Hedgey. Just 5 races ago at a wet Valencia, the same thing happened. 

Well nearly, except Crutchlow crashed whilst holding a safe second place .... haha

Reply to this Topic
DoubtingThomas

Apr 13

Freaks

I'll wait for the next few rounds.

We'll all be doing that, but mean time you could look at the four rounds we've had and the last 11 of last season. There's a pattern there I'm sure.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

DT...

"We'll all be doing that, but mean time you could look at the four rounds we've had and the last 11 of last season. There's a pattern there I'm sure."

Valid... but there was only him riding competitvely on the Yam in 2012 where Honda has had 3 winners including 2013... an even split would see him winning 1/3rd of the races which he did do last year, exactly, with 6/18 wins. At the time in 2012 many said JL was playing for the championship having established a comfortable lead while taking the piss out of Stoner's "I have to win every race" attitude... it almost backfired on him if he was. 2-1 dry wins to Honda this year with a clean slate... he could do with a team mate capable of picking up the baton when he has a bad day like the Honda boys do 'cos, if all things are even, Yamaha will end up with only 1/3rd of the races again.

It's the role Rossi was hired for... he was there in Qatar but wasn't required... he was required in Le Mans but dropped the ball which was picked up by Cal for a 2nd.

Reply to this Topic
DoubtingThomas

Apr 13

8 out of 13

For Dani since HRC rolled out the new RC213V after Mugello. 2 for Jorge.

Those who say Jorge was riding for points are either blind or biased, or maybe both. Jorge had a big moment in just about every race after the halfway point last year trying to keep up with Dani.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

also DT

4 of the last 6, and 6 of the last 9, motogp championships won by Yamaha riders, which didn't lead to much questioning of the validity of those championships as I recall.

I think dani has improved, btw, if not necessarily to above the level of all other riders in the field.

Reply to this Topic
DoubtingThomas

Apr 13

I'm not

questioning validities of winning titles, or races, or even the right to have a ride in motogp, unlike many on here, neither do I have any brand loyalty, although I have a couple of Yamaha's right now, and I prefer Dani, and Marquez's style to Jorge's.

Just saying it doesn't look too good for Yamaha right now. I'm sure they weren't high fiving each other last weekend even though Cal got second.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Disciple Thomas

I think you're right - too much over analysis - too much over-egging the pudding - too many meaningless stats. Too many obnoxious bastards

All the analysis the pre-planning and the set-up gives a 'paper value' and fairly accurate prediction.   However Mr. Fate has the last word - track conditions which suit some better than others - dodgy tyres and tyre choices - mechanical/technical failures - winners who crash - crashers who win.  Any or all of these things upset the applecart.

Just watch the fking racing and enjoy it !!!!!   If your guy has a bad day - tough - deal with it!

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

8 out of 13 For Dani since HRC rolled out the new RC213V after Mugello. 2 for Jorge.

Stoner didn't take the new bike and beat Pedrosa with the old one at Laguna and again at PI

What does that say about bike or rider?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices