Skip to content

Discuss This Bridgestone: No fault with Jorge Lorenzo’s Le Mans tyre MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Bridgestone: No fault with Jorge Lorenzo’s Le Mans tyre

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Bridgestone: No fault with Jorge Lorenzo’s Le Mans tyre

Bridgestone has confirmed that a thorough examination of the rear rain tyre used by reigning world champion Jorge Lorenzo in Sunday’s French MotoGP race showed up no defect. Lorenzo suffered a nightmare in a rain-hit Le Mans encounter when he slumped from second to seventh and the Spaniard blamed a chronic lack of rear grip for his worst result since his...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (21 May 2013 16:13)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Bulto

It says that Dani has won 8 races on the Honda since Mugello and Jorge has won 2 on  the Yamaha.   What is your point ?

Reply to this Topic
DoubtingThomas

Apr 13

It says to me

that Stoner liked that bike at that track, and Honda had sorted their shit out by then. He was using the new engine, and possibly some other bits. Wasn't completely last years bike was it?

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

It suggests to me that if Pedrosa's bike was so good, Stoner shouldn't have touched him on the old bike that was dogged with handling issues. We have it from the horse's mouth (ie: Wosi) that Stoner made a poor decision in not choosing the much improved 2013 chassis (that still suffered from chatter)

So how could he have won on it?

Sorry Thomas - he liked the tracks doesn't cut it as a reason. These are Motogp riders, not 6 year olds playing on their favourite fairground rides.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

It says to me..

..that despite maintaining he doesn't care and has no particular favourite, Bulto has now come out of the closet as the saddest #27er on this forum.

Old wosi knew it and has outed him, leaving his credibility in tatters.

How many.."I never said that" and "I couldn't care less" shouts did we have off him last year when pressed and as a last ditch rear action?

I said 'Rear Action'...hahahaha.. Bend over and pull those orange keks to one side handsome.

Listen to him blub now.."ooh-ooh, Casey didn't take the new bike and won at Philip Island, so that proves I'm right and Casey was too..ooh-ooh"

Wrong sucker..Stoner turned that bike down in a fit of bone-headed pique and the results the bike has achieved in the hands of 2/3 win a season Pedrosa since, say it all.

Nakamoto said it, most of us knew it..but Bulto will argue till the end of time, embarrassing himself stupid.

You're as bone-headed as your numb-skulled boyfriend Pal..do the honourable thing and retire like he did.

Reply to this Topic
DoubtingThomas

Apr 13

Hmmm

There seems to be a fixation on two Stoner wins, and Jorge's Qatar victory, while Dani's 61% win ration since getting his new Honda is glossed over. Sorry Bulto, it's you acting like a 6 year old here. I really find it baffling the lengths some are going to insist Yamaha have no issues against the current Honda. Jorge's saying in MCN this week they might need to find as much five tenths to close the gap. Do we just dismiss that 'cause he's not in orange?

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

No fixation

There are people with their own agendas who are claiming the Honda to be superior.

Those who can't accept Rossi can be beaten unless he is at a disadvantage, therefore the Yamaha is inferior

Those who hate Honda so can't accept them winning (except from 2000 - 2003 of course)

Wosi loathes Honda because Dream Machine refused to do a Repsol job on his C90

As I said before, Lorenzo is hardly going to blame himself is he, so he can either admit to being out performed by Pedrosa and Marquez or blame the bike  - the bike he walked Qatar with and the bike that has seen him just as fast as Hondas in practise and quali sessions at every track so far. A bike that has finished within 2 - 3 seconds of the winner at COTA and Jerez.. That's hardly half a second a lap difference is it.

A bike that a satellite rider has taken to an oustanding 2nd place at Le Mans where both factory riders screwed up, which had nothing to do with an inferior bike. A satellite rider who has on average finished just over 0.4 seconds a lap down on the winner in the 4 races so far - and that average includes losing a good few seconds when running on at Qatar. On pace it's more like 0.3s.

The Yamaha factory duo need to get their fingers out. They are both blindingly fast riders but they look like they are on a track day with their smooth style of riding. Pedrosa, Marquez and Crutchlow all look as though they are giving it absolutely everything they have, the bikes are moving all lover the place and they look as though they are getting everything out of them that they can.

To me, that's the difference, not an inferior Yamaha. None of you class Cal as in the same league as the "top 4", so it must be the bike that's getting him that close - right?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

Bulto

Smack in the face and call me Betty but spot on.

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

Me

I missed the me out. Pissing iPad .

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Bulto..

As your old Pal Nostro said to me recently.."Enough of these circular arguments."

Cal's a twat..Rossi's a loser..The RCV is no better than the M1.

I don't know about you..but I'm getting a bit sick and tired of every single thread descending into virtual war between the same old faces.

You lead with your chin, shit is gonna happen. Let's try and be a little less dogmatic about proceedings shall we?

I'm no big fan of Casey Stoners personality, but I will say this..

He won on that Honda because Stoner is/was Stoner. He did the same thing on a Ducati. Just because he managed to top the podium, doesn't make the bike he rode the best bike, or even as good as bikes he's beaten.

We have heard how he lost focus last year and made a wrong decision regards upgrading his machinery. This is a fact Pal, whether you like it or not. It's not the first time Stoners emotions got the better of him but..that's another argument and in the past.

Can you imagine what a focused and happy #27 would have done on the new bike?

As has been said and looking back in GP history, these things have a habit of going in cycles. Honda have won 2 titles in 10 years. Mr. Nakamoto has been employed to turn that unacceptable state of affairs around and appears to be doing a very good job.

Honda have the best bike. Simple. Nothing wrong with that, it's a big part of the sport..man AND machine. Without the manufacturer, riders wouldn't ride..they'd jog round the track.

It's not Boxing, Golf or Tennis.

So..rejoice in that fact, your team are doing good. But for the sake of a little more interesting and informative debate..Stop TELLING us something we know ain't true because of a silly agenda.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Betty you can call me Al !

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN