Skip to content

Discuss This Bridgestone: No fault with Jorge Lorenzo’s Le Mans tyre MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Bridgestone: No fault with Jorge Lorenzo’s Le Mans tyre

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Bridgestone: No fault with Jorge Lorenzo’s Le Mans tyre

Bridgestone has confirmed that a thorough examination of the rear rain tyre used by reigning world champion Jorge Lorenzo in Sunday’s French MotoGP race showed up no defect. Lorenzo suffered a nightmare in a rain-hit Le Mans encounter when he slumped from second to seventh and the Spaniard blamed a chronic lack of rear grip for his worst result since his...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (21 May 2013 16:13)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Wosi

There is no agenda. You keep labelling me an orange whatever, but news for you here. I have never, ever owned a Honda road bike nor wanted to. I've always thought of them as bland, boring featureless creations and that includes the blade, as good as it is. Rode a mate's once, it did everything well but for me - no soul, left me cold.

A Honda fan? No, I hated them for leading the campaign to rid the world of offroad 2-strokes and replace them with overly expensive 4 bangers which no-one wanted second hand because of the rebuild costs.

Yamaha is actually my favoured Jap marque. It should amuse you enough that I have to put up with VR on one...

Now, my last post was a perfectly reasonable argument as to why the Yamaha isn't necessarily as inferior to the Honda as some would have. No fabrication, no twisting of facts, the facts I used are available for anyone to see.

VR and some of his followers (who have become ever more silent since the euphoria of Qatar, thought he was going to waft back onto a Yamaha and it would glide him on auto pilot to immediately podium at worst, win races without question and possibly take the title. Lorenzo seems to think he has the right to glide around up front and unchallenged by anyone in an unhindered run through to another title.

Both of them have probably received the wake up call they needed

The realisation should be dawning that in Pedrosa and Marquez they have two very determined riders who are prepared to push very very hard for race wins - the bike language should be enough evidence of that, demonstrated very clearly at Cota where you could see the effort they were putting in through the twisties after turn 1.

Then there's Cal who is riding on a high at the moment and who, if they don't get their fingers out, is going to prove an embarassment to their claims that their bike isn't up to challenging the Honda. As I said before, no-one rates him as being on the same level as "the four" so how is he as close to them as he is  if a) he isn't as good as them and b) he is on an inferior bike. He should be back with Bradl at best. But he's smashing the two satellite Honda riders on their virtual works machinery. Doesn't add up does it...

Lorenzo and Rossi need to get their fingers out. Yamaha shouldn't be sending boffins into the Tech3 garage

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Bulto

Re your second to last para -  Pedrosa is a smooth rider in the classic style - Marquez and Crutchlow are giving it everything they have but are both accidents waiting to happen - lucky to get away with their mistakes. Smooth is class - ragged isn't.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Saturn

I'm not interested in this "class" rubbish

Pedrosa can be smooth yes, but from last season there has been a change to his riding and he is just as happy to have the bike squirming about underneath him as the other two. He moved up a notch when Stoner arrived.

I can appreciate both styles, but ragged as you call it, is far more dynamic and interesting to watch and was the main reason I liked watching Stoner ride

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Yamaha in trouble?

If JL wins the next round, as he did last year, it'll be 2 to JL, 2 to DP & 1 to MM... he could be back on track & MM could be on catch-up... who's missing from that list?

A manufacturer is always going to look bad, like they did last year with Spies, if only 1 rider is winning, but JL proved that you don't need to hold up an entire team, you only need to win your share of the races to take the title (& Hayden proved you don't even need the wins).

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
DoubtingThomas

Apr 13

Yamaha shouldn't be sending boffins into the Tech3 garage

Why not? If they've messed something up, went in the wrong direction with the new bike then having a look at the guy doing pretty good on the old one makes sense. They reverted to the old frame before didn't they?

A manufacturer is always going to look bad, like they did last year with Spies, if only 1 rider is winning, but JL proved that you don't need to hold up an entire team, you only need to win your share of the races to take the title (& Hayden proved you don't even need the wins).

Yes, but, Hedge, 2 from 13 isn't a great share of race wins from your No. 1 Alien rider, is it?

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Bulto..

..after Qatar you blamed Honda's result on tyre wear, complaning the Repsol bikes struggled because they were ragged and out of shape.

Now it's exciting and Pedrosa has adapted his style?

Rossi & Lorenzo need to get their fingers out and aren't trying?

A wet race in France proves the Yamaha is as good as the RCV?

Crutchlow is no better than Bradl and Bautista?

Yamaha engineers shouldn't be in the Tech3 garage?

..and you've got the audacity to say there is no agenda?

Don't take the piss Pal..

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

DT...

"Yes, but, Hedge, 2 from 13 isn't a great share of race wins from your No. 1 Alien rider, is it?"

In 2006 2 from 17 was enough to win Hayden the title... that's even worse odds. He won his fair share last year... this year again he's sharing the limelight with 2 other riders... in 4 races one of them has to have scored 1 extra win... that man is Pedrosa. Both he & Mark are 1 down.

Reply to this Topic
DoubtingThomas

Apr 13

Seven

The number of different winners in 2006. Are you stupid enough to believe we're going to have a season like that again?

Are you stupid enough to believe two wins will lift the title this year?

if you're not that stupid, then you must be an awkward bastard arguing for the sake of it.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Dunce..

WTF are you babbling on about H5?

Exactly how does Hayden 2006 have any bearing on Honda's dominance, and Pedrosa's in particular, since they brought the revised bike out and got to grips with the extra weight chatter and tyres they whined about?

If I understand your drift, you assume that the riders are all even and their bikes too, which is supposed to prove your theory because wins were therefore split evenly 2012.. conveniently discounting Spies.

This doesn't take into account Stoner didn't take the new bike and injured himself. It doesn't take into account Pedrosa is not as good as Lorenzo.

You don't seem to have much to say about the landslide of wins Honda have racked up SINCE Pedrosa got the bike, which is what the whole discussion is about, NOT the 2012 season with you extrapolating blindly as if the shit you talk is fact.

You know what they say about assumption?

It's the Mother of all fuck-ups.

Twat.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

DT...

"if you're not that stupid, then you must be an awkward bastard arguing for the sake of it."

I'm making the point that race wins don't make a championship... Dani got 7 last year JL 6 but remind me who won. My other point is that so far JL's not in a bad place... 1 out of 4 when there are 3 people capable of winning... Yamaha lost the constructor's last year (ie were "in the poo") with no 2nd rider putting in wins but, as someone said, who remembers the constructor's, it's the rider championships they remember.

If you can see my point (I won't return the compliment & speculate on your stupidity... other people can decide that) then I guess you're just "an awkward bastard arguing for the sake of it."

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices