Skip to content

Discuss This Bridgestone: No fault with Jorge Lorenzo’s Le Mans tyre MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Bridgestone: No fault with Jorge Lorenzo’s Le Mans tyre

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Bridgestone: No fault with Jorge Lorenzo’s Le Mans tyre

Bridgestone has confirmed that a thorough examination of the rear rain tyre used by reigning world champion Jorge Lorenzo in Sunday’s French MotoGP race showed up no defect. Lorenzo suffered a nightmare in a rain-hit Le Mans encounter when he slumped from second to seventh and the Spaniard blamed a chronic lack of rear grip for his worst result since his...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (21 May 2013 16:13)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
weskit

Jun 10

weskit says:

Vale will sort out the bike to his taste eventually

I've heard this before somewhere. Stick to what you know ElDiablo, tourist season is coming up. 

How is Pedrosa not as good as Lorenzo Wosi? I'll grant you he hasn't been as consistent til now but he's always been just as capable of winning races. And as for Stoner crashing at Indy because he was on the old bike, I can only assume you've been at the cider again.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
DoubtingThomas

Apr 13

JL's not in a bad place

That's not what he seems to think reading the article in MCN, but I guess you know better?

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Doh..

Weskit..you dolt.

Up until Pedrosa got that new bike he was averaging less than Two-and-a-half wins a season, over Six-and-a-half years on a fkin works Repsol Honda. He has a big fat ZERO titles and is lucky to have a job this year.

He barely finished above Lorenzo in Jorge's rookie season and has lost ever since..while his compatriot has won TWO titles.

In the 13 races since the bike came out he's won 8..already half the amount he won in total during the previous 6.5 years.

Now I know you're not stupid, so stop acting the fanboy prick.

Stoner crashed at Indy because he was under pressure and made a mistake..all of his own making. Nothing to do with his bike, everything to do with Casey being Casey. 

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

H5

I hate to use your MO but     ''I'm making the point that race wins don't make a championship... ''  

Excuse me but isn't that what we've all been saying about Stoner all this time.  What goes around come around as the Americans say.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Haha..

Spot on Saturn..give these Orange fanboys enough rope and they'll hang themselves.

Too busy making todays totally stupid point to remember their previous stance.

Complete and utter cocks.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Saturn...

"Excuse me but isn't that what we've all been saying about Stoner all this time"

I've always said that & always used 2006 as a prime example... in Stoner's defence, his win or bin on the Ducati was more successful than Rossi's slow & finish approach... evidently, but it didn't win him any championships on the CF Duke.

:blink:

I'm not saying that JL will repeat last year & take the championship with less wins than his rivals (Yamaha last year had exactly half the number of wins that Honda had)... I'm saying that after 4 races one of the 3 winners has to be ahead by one race... that man isn't JL & he's the only man winning on a Yamaha so far.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

yes wosi

it was pressure that caused that particular practice crash to injure Stoner (at a time when I believe he was leading the times) as opposed to any other practice crash he or any other rider has ever had. His luck ran out, that's racing as he said. His luck was always likely to run out earlier than Rossi's with his less controlled riding style, but even Valentino's luck eventually ran out with his training and practice crashes in 2010. 

Reply to this Topic
TetsuoSama

Sep 11

TetsuoSama says:

"my business makes me enough money to have a lot of free time in my life."

So your low income qualifies you for unemployment benefits? Furry muff.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Doohanfan..

Here is an extract from an interview that HRC boss Shuei Nakamoto gave to respected sportrider.com earlier this year..

But then we had that crash in the final lap of Round Eight in Germany, and all our plans went out the window. In that race, he didn’t even need to win, finishing behind Dani would have been good enough.

It was impatience that led to his crash and a no-point race result. And this led to his behavior at the following GP in Italy. He couldn’t calm down and get his set-up done properly, and rode a poor race to finish eighth which knocked him right back in the championship points table.

If only he had finished properly in Germany, he would likely have ridden as steadily as usual in the following races and possibly would have escaped injury in Round 11 at Indianapolis.

When it came to choosing his bike too, while Dani was full of praise for the new chassis, Casey reckoned it wasn’t much different and stuck with the older one.

It wasn’t just Dani, Stefan liked the new chassis and used it for the final GP at Valencia, and when Alvaro tried it in the post-season test he also declared it excellent.

Now that I think on it, pushing Casey to test the new bike after the Italy GP was maybe a mistake. I guess I should have waited a bit longer until he had regained his composure. If I’d waited, he might have been able to see things clearer and appreciate the quality of new bike.

I wouldn’t say his personality is completely mature yet.

This is his boss ffs..not some internet posting fruitcake. Get used to it you Orange shirt-lifter. .

Read more: http://www.sportrider.com/news/146_13010_honda_nakamoto_reveals_thoughts_on_2012_motogp_season/#ixzz2UDZxrD7o

Reply to this Topic
TetsuoSama

Sep 11

TetsuoSama says:

You mad, bro?

You're like one of those crazy mofos who have hundreds of photos of the person they hate on their walls.

Casey's gone, Wosi.  The only person who's dragging him into the conversation is you.  It's creepy and slightly insane.  Get over it.

With regards to the interview, it's fair comment.  What else can you say?  Rossi choked at 30+ but you're obsessed with Casey choking at 20+?

Deep breathe, relax.  Rossi is not the GOAT.  He's okay, though.  Don't stress about it.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices