Skip to content

Discuss This Bridgestone: No fault with Jorge Lorenzo’s Le Mans tyre MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Bridgestone: No fault with Jorge Lorenzo’s Le Mans tyre

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Bridgestone: No fault with Jorge Lorenzo’s Le Mans tyre

Bridgestone has confirmed that a thorough examination of the rear rain tyre used by reigning world champion Jorge Lorenzo in Sunday’s French MotoGP race showed up no defect. Lorenzo suffered a nightmare in a rain-hit Le Mans encounter when he slumped from second to seventh and the Spaniard blamed a chronic lack of rear grip for his worst result since his...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (21 May 2013 16:13)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Jesus Wosi

you can be a self-righteous twat at times. WTF has your response to my comment this morning got to do with what was being discussed. Contrary to what you might believe, you're not the benchmark for opinion on here and sarcasm merely highlights the fact you'd nothing useful to respond with. You spin and twist more than Chubby Checker with his scrote caught in his zip.

Lorenzo is bitching his bike isn't fast enough. He says (according to some on here, I haven't read it) that they need to find half a second a lap to compete with the Hondas.

I'll say it again as you're slow on the uptake or just conveniently disregarding it. He cantered Qatar. He was between 2 and 3 seconds down on the winner in Cota and Jerez.. For reasons as yet unknown he had a howler in Le Mans - set-up? duff tyre? tyre pressure? Who knows. So it's not realistic to use Le Mans as a typical example.

Taking Jerez and Cota, his gap to the winner equates to 1 tenth of a second per lap over the race distance, assuming a 20 lap race. A rider can make up that shortfall - Lorenzo / Rossi on the same bike for example, one is getting more from the bike than the other. Tell me with absolute conviction, that Pedrosa and Marquez aren't getting more from their bikes than the M1 duo. You can't. Just as I can't say they are. But it is a possibility that you dismiss. Why I wonder...

Crutchlow has an average deficit of 0.4s per lap over the four races so far and that includes the time lost running on at Qatar, on pace alone it's nearer 0.3s. That's a satellite Yam to the Repsol Hondas. Previously unheard of.

So how does that equate to Yamaha needing to find 0.5s a lap to compete with Honda.

Funny how because Lorenzo says it, it must be true - would you have the same stance if Rossi was on the Honda. Or if it was Stoner saying it. We know the answer.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

You're in danger of using the same criteria as H5..assuming Lorenzo is at the same level as Pedrosa. He's not. Jorge is faster. Rossi is probably at Dani's level.

As we know, all riders complain but..Jorge is talking about the hardware deficit.

Honda have 20 bhp and a seamless box. What does that add up to down Mugello's 1km straight alone..2 tenths, maybe three? 

You say he should be able to make up a tenth but ignore this deficit which he says maybe as much as half a second. There is only so much he can do and taking that time out of Dani Pedrosa all things being equal..is unlikely.

I accept you don't want to face what is staring you in the face and understand why..as I pointed out in my previous comment to you.

A little tip for you to help understand is to look at sector times.

Now fuck off and do your homework fanboy. 

Reply to this Topic
xavi

Jul 12

xavi says:

Jorge Lorenzo is liar

Jorge Lorenzo is a liar and a bad one!!! He always complaining. In 2010 after Motegi it was "please Yamaha tell Rossi that he can't overtake me" and "oh, tell him please that he musn't get in a duel with me", in 2012 after Assen it was "I want a new engine, I should get one because Alvaro t-bone me and I have nothing to do with that", in 2013 it was 'please, punish Marquez because he is to dangerous, at least for me!". Fucking pussy!!!

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

On what do you base your opinion that Pedrosa isn't as fast or faster than Lorenzo?

Where does the info come from that Honda has 20bhp more than Yamaha? Confirmed by the manufacturers or conjecture from your favourite source Spalding - the man who emphatically stated at Cota that Lorenzo had a seamless gearbox and next praised Rossi for his racecraft in Le Mans for holding the clutch in whilst crashing to prevent the engine cutting - when he was not actually in contact with the bike.

You're still talking a half second deficit with nothing to support it from the races so far in which Lorenzo has been just 0.1s a lap slower at worst, yet significantly quicker in Qatar, a track some labelled as a Honda track if I'm not mistaken. If they give the M1 another half second will he be finishing 10 to 15 seconds ahead of both Hondas every race?

You still refuse to comment on how Crutchlow can comfortably beat two Hondas every race so far on a bike so disadvantaged.

As for Mugello's straight, Lorenzo has won Mugello for the last two years, last year comfortably, despite your HRC seamless gearbox and power advantage. Cota had two straights, was touted as being a Honda massacre yet he was just 3.3s off the winner - 0.15s per lap.

Pedrosa is every bit as quick as Lorenzo, there's little between them, but Pedrosa is having his first injury free run for years and who can say how much it has lifted him. Last year Stoner was out of contention for wins following his crash which improved the odds for Pedrosa winning more.

You can bang on about agendas all you like, you understand nothing, that's plain. Constant labelling of people who disagree with you as fanboys says more about you than them and reaffirms that you've fck all to add in terms of plausible reasoning

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

your usual trick

also exhibited on the other thread of attempting to change the ground when refuted. Ad hominem and straw man, your first and only resorts as usual.

Stoner should have settled for second at Sachsenring if his object was to win the championship, rather than to win the race (settling for second was unlikely to win him the race), and did have a bad race at Mugello, much as Lorenzo did last race. They all have practice crashes all the time however (as I recall others crashed on the same corner at Indy), and whether he was injured in such a crash is a matter of luck. By your own ridiculous argument on the other thread, Dani also shouldn't have been trying to win the Sachsenring race in the first place.

As others have said, your obsession with Stoner would seem to comfortably exceed mine or anyone else's, and the fact you feel the need to continue to repeat the same peurile arguments against him in his retirement would suggest they don't even convince you. I can only assume everything you have ever said about his performance on the Ducati being proven wrong still rankles.   

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Hello..?

On Pedrosa..check my response to weskit.

Spalding may not get a grammy for his TV persona..but he makes a living out of motorbikes and is well respected in the paddock. You struggle to hold your head up here.

Crutchlow is faster than Bradl and Bautista.

The rest of your fanboy bullshit is blinkered speculation, if you look back you have had explanations..you're like a stuck record. 

Take a hike fucko..I've run out of patience.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Your usual last resort

insults from your self elevated position of forum jury, here to judge everyone else, the only one with a valid opinion. When challenged, your arguments fold and you dish out the insults and attempted put downs

Christ man, even with all the cider you drink, you couldn't put down a decent fart

Just to remind you, you claimed Stoner jumped on a "finally sorted Honda" that Honda had thrown everything at to get that final 800 title. No way for you that Stoner made the difference to Honda, it had to be the superior bike they created for that last shot. By that argument you define the previous Hondas as inferior because no way could Stoner win on an inferior bike eh.

So if Lorenzo is losing to Pedrosa now because Pedrosa has a better bike, why wasn't Pedrosa losing to Lorenzo because Lorenzo had the better bike - as the M1 was widely acclaimed to be by just about everyone including Spalding, whose opinion you value.

Cal is a better rider than Bautista or Bradl, I agree, but by your argument shouldn't be beating them becasue of the bike he's on, as the rider can't bridge the deficit of the Yamaha to the Honda. Cal can do it but Lorenzo can't?

Pedrosa has always been fast. Finally he's been injury free and is making the most of it. For the second half of 2012 there was only him and Lorenzo in it for race wins apart from PI. You've stated on many occassions about the second half of 2010, Lorenzo rode conservatively to ensure his title - your opinion to devalue Stoner winning on the Ducati. But your opinion of 2012 differs again - I wonder why. A different agenda perhaps

You disregard anything that doesn't suit your purpose and have spun your argument that many times you haven't a clue when you're contradicting yourself.

It's credibility you've run out of son, not patience

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

You're exaggerating again and getting in a flap.

Wosi has never said the Yamaha is a "crock of shit" for example..on the contrary, I've said it's a very good bike but the Honda is better. Most people would agree. It's only you and one or two others who for patently obvious reasons of bias, refuse to accept the fact.

I'm not making it up..If you could be arsed to educate yourself by buying MCN this week, you'd read what Lorenzo says himself. But No..Bulto would rather disregard the WC, Spalding, Rossi & Crutchlow and try and convince all there is no difference and Dani Pedrosa has found his mojo after Six and a half years.

Drifting off track and ranting about Stoner 2011 and Dani 2010 has got fk all to do with my point. I'm talking about the plain and obvious step up in performance the RCV has exhibited SINCE the new 2013 bike was made available 13 races ago.

The evidence is irrefutable and you know it..you just can't accept it.

This is because you are a fanboy..and I'm wasting my time trying to discuss shit with you because you just won't have it.

You're entitled to think and say what you wish here at The Cathederal of Free Speaking Forum, but until you show a little less dogmatism in your comments, I'm done with your bullshit.

Reply to this Topic
DoubtingThomas

Apr 13

The original point was

or mine anyway, was that Yamaha don't look to be as good as the Honda.

Lorenzo's interview is quite interesting because he's saying he's on the limit every corner just to try and keep in touch with the Honda duo.

Looking at the big picture (and not fixating on two or three result) since the new RCV was rolled out last year, you'd say he had a point. Well, most people would.

As for Bradl, it's quite easy to beat him just now 'cause he rarely finishes.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

So what, DT, ffs.

Bike advantages have always been an aspect of premier class bike racing, in fact the seeking of them has been for most of the 50 + years gp bike racing has existed the object of the whole thing, theoretically at least anyway. If you are going to complain about bike advantages don't do it only when the rider or riders you favour are not winning.

If Honda does have a major advantage now Dorna has reaped what they sowed in any case.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices