Skip to content

Discuss This Bridgestone: No fault with Jorge Lorenzo’s Le Mans tyre MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Bridgestone: No fault with Jorge Lorenzo’s Le Mans tyre

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Bridgestone: No fault with Jorge Lorenzo’s Le Mans tyre

Bridgestone has confirmed that a thorough examination of the rear rain tyre used by reigning world champion Jorge Lorenzo in Sunday’s French MotoGP race showed up no defect. Lorenzo suffered a nightmare in a rain-hit Le Mans encounter when he slumped from second to seventh and the Spaniard blamed a chronic lack of rear grip for his worst result since his...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (21 May 2013 16:13)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

You're such a jerk sometimes doohanfan..

Do you honestly expect fans to complain that the bike/rider combination they DON'T support is lacking when it's obvious the combo they DO support is better?

It is the very reason Bulto and his ilk - haha - are walking around with Two Orange bags on their heads saying the RCV has no advantage.

And WTF has Dorna reaping what they sow got to do with anything..other than another feeble bitter pop at Rossi?

Twat..

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

I am having no pop at Rossi

Wosi (again your obsession rather than mine comes into question) who imo fully deserves all his championship wins. If he was on a better bike for some of his wins it was because he was hired by the marque concerned because he was the best, and/or because he developed the bike he was on to be the best. Rossi fans have absolutely no grounds for complaining about bike advantages for others though (imo) given the very good equipment he has mostly been provided with or given the resources to develop ( not that others could necessarily have availed themselves of such resources), particularly when the only evidence advantages exist is that another rider has beaten Valentino.

My point was that Nakomoto (any public statement of his is apparently unquestionable truth according to you in other current threads) from his public statements clearly believes rightly or wrongly that Dorna sought to handicap Honda in 2012 ( I agree with him, but that is my opinion, and I don't believe  if they did do this it had much if anything to do with Valentino). Hence Honda have gone all out, regardless of any tacit agreement they may have had with Yamaha to limit expenditure to some extent previously to make a point to Dorna. Dorna may see themselves as a major player, and Bridgepoint Capital may actually be a moderately large player, but they ain't Honda.

I am intrinsically a Ducati fan btw, and was for decades before Stoner's advent.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

The Honda might have more power, it might have the better gearbox, but it is not 0.5s a lap quicker than the Yamaha. The Ducati has a seamless gearbox and more power. It's not on a par with the Yamaha so those two aspects don't ransform a bike -  but it would be interesting to see what Marquez would do on it.

I offer the opinion that there is little between the Honda and Yamaha and maybe the Honda riders are getting more from their bikes at this particular moment. Riders make a difference. A top rider may not be able to drag a poor bike to a win but a rider can mask the performance of a good bike. If Yamaha had Spies paired with Rossi this year they'd look in a far worse position, but it wouldn't reflect the true performance of their bike would it. Another rider may eke a bit more out of the M1, who knows.

Lorenzo has now been beaten 3 times so of course he's going to bleat about the bike. But how can he realistically say 0.5s a lap when he's been finishing as close as he has. That deficit woulld have had him 15 seconds at least behind the winner, not 2 or 3. And does he think he's the only one near to or on the limit when pushing? Does Marquez look like he's cruising, does Pedrosa?

You're juvenile fanboy rants are just that Wosi. And tiresome. Honda has never been a marque I've had any affinity with and never will. When you could ride a 250 on L plates in the early 70s, which 17 year old would have chosen a bland slug of a CB200/250 over a YDS7 or RD250. Yamaha is my Jap marque and the combo I'd like to see doing well is Crutchlow as he's English and happens to be on a Yamaha. The factory riders I couldn't give a shit about. Lorenzo is fine until things stack against him, Rossi I'll say nothing about, Marquez I wasn't keen on his 'tactics' in some Moto2 races. Pedrosa is the only one I'd like to see win it if I had to choose as he generally just gets on with it. But I don't and I don't care. I don't live my life from the sofa through the life of a 'personal hero'., I have my own.

Reply to this Topic
OwainGlyndwr

May 13

OwainGlyndwr says:

... great points - bloody good post Bulto.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Mmm..

It's telling you both feel you have to justify NOT being Honda fangirls..

Trying a little too hard to appear impartial and be taken seriously?.. especially you Bulto.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

No Wosi - just trying to drum it into your head. Another minus point for Honda is that they tried to cajole the FIM into allowing 4-strokes only in offroad competition. It cost a lot of small manufacturers a lot of money developing 4-strokes for nothing as the FIM eventually didn't enforce the rule.

I see you missed another chance to comment directly on the points raised...

Benny, stop trying to wind him up...

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

What..points like this?

"Riders make a difference. A top rider may not be able to drag a poor bike to a win but a rider can mask the performance of a good bike."

I'm dumbstruck you'd insinuate the WC Lorenzo is masking the potential of the M1 to try and back a lost argument.

The point is..have you raised any points that are worthy of discussion?

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Here's one

What makes an L-4 an L-4 ? The blokes that won with them I guess. Rossi ain't one of them. He likes a turbine which the V5 was. Hell! Old Capirex has been doing his damndest to assuage Rossi within the tyre belt since he canned the game and rightly so. The bloke dragged a poor bike into GP at Catalunya   many years back with a win. Hell,Wosi,we all love you.

Lets agree on one thing for once. Without Rossi and Ducati's demise in GP we would not have a sport to complain about,current.

Sadly for him and hugely irrelevant,5 cylinder engines are not sanctioned. Closest available synergy is crossplane crank in line 4 characteristics.

Back then the V5 was certainly an iron fist in a velvet glove vs 500 2 stroke. M1 right now looks like a velvet fist in an iron glove. Silky bike. Ducati somewhere dumbed down between,current. Suzuki comeback !!! YO HO HO and a bottle of RUM. Bring it on.

Back to topic. George/Le Mans/ Bridgestone.

One Bridgestone tyre. They will never admit it. I for one,believe it was  Bridgestone issue,not a Lorenzo issue. They better get their scates on. All hail Mugello next weekend.

As ever bring back the tyre war. DUMB ASS GPC. Spectators keep the sport alive,not your personality orientated rule book.

I am looking forward to the Le Mans 24 Hour.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

It's a valid point but you've put your own spin on it as usual. You know full well I didn't mean Lorenzo can't ride it. The point is that maybe Lorenzo isn't getting as much out of the M1 as possible. Reasonable enough suggestion. Rossi has a bigger gap to the Honda riders. That isn't down to the bike given his performance relative to Lorenzo. Lorenzo is faster at this moment.

Take Lorenzo out of the equation and Rossi could be saying we need to find 1 second a lap to beat the Hondas. Wouldn't be true of the bike's actual potential though would it.

They all bitch and moan if things don't go their way. Cal has been banging on about his bike all year and look what he's been doing with it.

Lorenzo's claim of half a second is bollocks, the previous races don't support it. You've been quick enough to question and dismiss Lorenzo's statements in the past, I wonder why not now.

Reply to this Topic
OwainGlyndwr

May 13

OwainGlyndwr says:

Oh dear Boots ...

... that's your first uninteresting post.

Jl went out on a cold, wet sighting lap and understandably lost the feel in his front end. 

Frantic Yamaha activity in front of the brolly dolly saw new rubber being fitted, and a guessed suspension set-up. 

In the frenzied excitement, they guessed wrong.

That's all folks. Lorenzo to win at Mugello - again.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices