Skip to content

General Hello People what do you Think.... General

You are in... Forums > General > General > Hello People what do you Think....

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

GrogenFZR

May 13

GrogenFZR says:

Hello People what do you Think....

Hi all..

I have been riding for about 2 years now I still own my first bike, now a 20 year old FZR600..Love it, great bike does me proud. 

A few of the lads I started riding with last summer have been saying its time for a 1000cc...

Is..it???

I am more then happy with my 600..she puts up a good show against the bigger bikes....But would I like more power???

Guess what I am trying to say is, has any one gone from 600 to 1000cc and never looked back...

Does any one every get to use 183 bhp and enjoy it on the roads????

I know its getting near time to retire my old Girl to the Dinning Room..  But would you get another 600 or a 1000....

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (21 May 2013 19:33)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

Going up in capacity

I have 1000cc sportsbikes and 600cc ones. The 600 (CBR) is ok and adequate for 2 up riding but it doesn't have the mid-range of the larger bikes (unsuprisingly) - I also have a 600cc supermoto that is a hoot and brings a big smile to your face but it's somewhat impractical and not really suitable for taking pillions.

Bigger capacity bikes can allow for easier overtaking and more relaxed cruising but if you don't want one then you don't have to change

Reply to this Topic
weasel64

Mar 07

weasel64 says:

simples ..

ya get a thou !!!!!

Reply to this Topic
aehewitt

Jan 11

aehewitt says:

Go...

Large my friend.......:biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

mate....seriously....!

Don't "ponce about"........ get a Busa....so much more fun than yer average "Thou".......

Reply to this Topic
GrogenFZR

May 13

GrogenFZR says:

senv

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I sucked the seat of me mates 2011 gixer up me bum a few backs...When I got off the gixer i checked to see  if I had any skin left on me face, cause i was sure it was peeling back by the time i got into 3rd.....If I was on a Busa I would have check it had not blown my noise though to the back of me head:shock::shock:

Thanks all for the input...

I do take the wife out pillion from time to time guess i am gonna have to go have a go on a R1..in the next few weeks.......

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

huh....?

Ermmm, Ok.....I think.:shock:

Reply to this Topic
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

GrogenFZR....

there are plenty of bikes in between the 600 and 1000 cc sports bikes. Just get what you are comfortable on...and as for your initial question,the answer is do they chuff,and not on track days either.

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

for what it's worth Grogen

Mr BB has had pretty much all the litre bikes on and off track and wouldn't go with anything else until...

I got my bike last August a 675, he kept borrowing it until he actually admitted he really liked it and I mean really liked it.  But it had to pass the blast with the boys test run.

It passed and surpassed , he is not a small chap and so all being well Mr BB will be the owner of an MV Augusta F3 this Saturday just like mine except its black.(Well if the guy picks up the RSVR)

So go with what you like, and so many have the full on monty but will never use the full potential as I wont on mine.

It's how you ride not what you ride:smile

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

also

Is yer Wife "Fit"...?  because I believe a "Fit Wife" deserves a "long hard, fast ride":huh:.

Reply to this Topic
calamityjane

Jun 12

calamityjane says:

bb and oldish

Have pretty much summed it up. Maybe your wife should have a bit of input if she enjoys going pillion.

Sometimes its not all about the bling and power, just getting out and enjoying the two wheeled freedom.

There are probably plenty on here who have ridden some right battered old dogs and enjoyed themselves nonetheless:lol::lol:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices