You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Bike accessories > TomTom Rider V5

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

dutchecosse

May 13

dutchecosse says:

TomTom Rider V5

I'm planning a lot of European touring this summer, so was keen to get a decent satnav to keep me going in the correct direction.

After quite a bit of research online, settled for the TomTom Rider V5 which has just been launched this spring. Thought I'd got a bargain from Amazon, only to find on receipt that the package excluded the bluetooth headset.

This setback aside, very impressed by the unit. It looks like all the little gripes that people had about the previous versions have been remedied.

Good ram mounting bracket and charging cradle with associated cabling for connection to the battery. Large screen, simple to use and works very well when wearing gloves.The unit got a comprehensive weather test on a recent ride to newcastle in 5 hours of torrential rain, no problem.

Biggest gripe is the cost, very expensive when compared to the cost of a car satnav, but so far, i would say it's been worth it.

I guess time will tell.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (22 May 2013 14:04)

Post a message in Bike accessories

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
eatcs01

Aug 02

eatcs01 says:

Bike satnav

I LOVE my Garmin 660. It's been left out in the rain. Bounced down the road at 30mph (ish) when I got knocked off. Washed regularly when cleaning the bike. Dropped a few times (onto concrete) and it's still fine..

It also has all the car mounts included as standard.

Reply to this Topic
Duffster

Dec 08

Duffster says:

Tomtom v5

I have one of these sat nav as well great piece of kit bought because of lifetime map updates seems to do the job well,only gripe I have is when planning a route of the Tyre mapping site ,satnav does not follow exact route it asks you how you want to get to your waypoints you set ie fasted,Eco,avoid motorways.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices