Skip to content

Discuss This Norton V4 tech analysis General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Norton V4 tech analysis

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Norton V4 tech analysis

Norton was brought back into British hands in 2009. After tqo previous attempts, Norton is back at the TT in just a few weeks with two almost completely new 1000cc V4 bikes, two riders and a bundle of determination to make this the start of a new racing era for the firm. Here's the technical lowdown on the new bike. Ram-air...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (23 May 2013 15:15)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
69Fastback

Apr 12

69Fastback says:

Substance Please!

Sill a lot of fancy talk from Mr Garner. Now, any chance of this 'talk' manifesting into results? You sure spend a lot of money on an incredible (to the Manor born) lifestyle, complete with Manor House!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

"bespoke Norton electronics"?

Please don't piss away your journalistic credibility doing Norton's marketing for them in return for a stay at Norton Towers. The idea of Norton commissioning bespoke electronics - hardware, as opposed to software - for two bikes is just ludicrous. This is a parts bin special, they know it, you know it, we know it.

Reply to this Topic
billysollocks

Feb 09

It's an Aprilia based mongrel. Hardly game changing?

Reply to this Topic
TinkerNZ

Oct 09

TinkerNZ says:

rogerborg

if you do'nt support your local motorcycle builder/assembler god will take it back

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Norton?

Article which actually footnotes their sources.

www.bikerglory.com/2012/08/the-norton-saga/

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

Great link piglet2010. I thought everything was fine with Norton as I have never heard of any of this being reported in MCN. Why not?

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

Wow, Piglet, nice one

Now enough about Norton, how about some coverage of that WK 650i Chinese ER6 copybike racing at the TT, which is a vehicle that we can actually go out and buy.

Reply to this Topic
KiwiMorgan

Nov 12

KiwiMorgan says:

What Norton???

All I see is a Spondon Aprilia.

Reply to this Topic
Bob_1

Feb 05

Bob_1 says:

Good Luck

I hope they get to race their bike this year. Although I still think they should have waited until they had their own engine before putting the Norton name on the tank, or at least change the name of Spondon, a company they own, to Norton so the bike justifies its name.

Reply to this Topic
69Fastback

Apr 12

69Fastback says:

Bob_1

Bob, this is a sham business, on a folly to generate money! The sad thing about it is: Garner has dragged the Norton name through the gutter for his own personal gains. The motorcycle media is to blame for a lot of what this person 'deviously' promotes. http://www.bikerglory.com/2012/08/the-norton-saga/

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices