Skip to content

Discuss This BMW Concept Ninety revealed New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > BMW Concept Ninety revealed

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Downes  says:

BMW Concept Ninety revealed

BMW has just taken the wraps off the Concept Ninety – a collaboration between the German firm and Californian custom builder Roland Sands as the company celebrates 40 years since the original R90S and 90 years of making motorcycles. The Concept Ninety has the 110bhp air/oil-cooled Boxer twin from the previous generation of BMW R1200GS but combines it with a pared...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (23 May 2013 17:16)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
exceledsteve

Apr 10

exceledsteve says:

Hmmmm...

I hope Givi are planning a rack fixing kit for that. It'll give me somewhere to keep my top box when I'm not using it on my bike. 'Sheer enjoyment' ??? Edgar ought to get out more... Not on that though.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

what's

German for errrm.....nine ?

Reply to this Topic
SHIVA_

May 08

SHIVA_ says:

BMW Concept Ugly

BMW Concept Ninety or as I like to call it "Concept Ugly" is a Ducati rip off. Shame BMW! You could have done something really imaginative here...

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/575823_531775090212135_1272276913_n.jpg

Reply to this Topic
SHIVA_

May 08

SHIVA_ says:

Enough Said:

Reply to this Topic
robertotoole

Feb 13

robertotoole says:

Quite breathtakingly appalling

BMW are responsible for some of the greatest and some of the worst designs. The R90 was a great bike. This is not.

Reply to this Topic
billysollocks

Feb 09

Oh dear. The BMW bods got taken in by the Sands hype. His "ideas" may work in SoCal, but as for the real world, well.........

Reply to this Topic
aa4vans

Mar 09

aa4vans says:

Fantastic!

To be totally honest i think it looks mint ! BMW when can i have one please? Just as it is here.

Reply to this Topic
azicat

Feb 13

azicat says:

I like it.  I can appreciate that it's a concept bike, created to explore ideas.  I think Sands has managed to capture the key elements of BMW tradition (boxer engine, shaft drive, that sloping ducktail, slabby fuel tank) and the general appearance is not dissimilar to BMW race bikes and cafe racers of the 20th century.  What's funny is that Ducati wasn't the first thing that came to mind when I saw the picture - I immediately thought Suzuki Katana, a bike styled by Hans Muth, who also happened to style the original R90S.

Reply to this Topic
TomRR

Jan 11

TomRR says:

Not sure

Am not sure why they call it Concept, it just looks like a Café racer, with a long arse!  I don’t get it, Yes it looks kind of nice, a bit like a Paul smart replica, ”Ducati”   so why not call it BMW Café replica, it’s not a concept bike if it’s basically a standard Bike with clip-ons and a bikini fairing and oh nice wheels   Am I right? 

Reply to this Topic
exceledsteve

Apr 10

exceledsteve says:

It's a

Rich boys toy to play with on dry sunny days with matching retro Ogri clobber. Seems like a design exercise to me. I think it's completely irrelevant to the majority of us living in the real world. If only that passion for design was channelled into a bike for the rest of us. We all appreciate nice design, lovely finish, touches that create real pride of ownership in a bike we can live with for everyday stuff. This bike is for playing on not living with. Put that passion into something useful and accessible to the rest of us... We pay enough for bikes these days to have those things factored in.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices