Skip to content

Discuss This Supersport bikes for under £2000 General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Supersport bikes for under £2000

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN Staff  says:

Supersport bikes for under £2000

We've looked around to find some of the best supersport deals you can get for less than £2000... Yamaha YZF600R ThundercatYamaha’s Thundercat arrived in 1996 to replace the aging FZR600R as the firm’s supersport bike and quickly gained a large army of fans. Although it was never the sportiest of 600s, especially when compared to the likes of the frantic 1997...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (23 May 2013 17:43)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

I do quite fancy a Thundercat

Although the "bulletproof" moniker might not apply to the gearbox, and specifically 2nd gear. Lion-O decals would of course be de rigueur.

Reply to this Topic
andrepwelman

Feb 10

andrepwelman says:

1999 Honda CBR 600F4

I have a 1999 cbr600f4, great bike but you have to remember one thing, it will have enough power to do exactly what you tell it to. So be careful what your right wrist tells it to do and with when and how hard you use your front brake. Also my cbr600f4 is very light and nimble, and goes round corners with ease.

Reply to this Topic
alien2

Aug 02

alien2 says:

Thundercat

I had a Thundercat for 2 year and put 20,000 on it. Brilliant bike could not fault it. Only thing I had to change was the fairing and screen bolts, previous owner had fitted blue ones on a black bike. Not accounting for taste.

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

After

My test I bought a 1995 cbr 600. Fan bloody tastic. I am considering down sizing to a 600 again as they are just so much fun.

Reply to this Topic
keepitreal288

May 13

thundercats ho!

been on two yzf600 thundercats both 2000 reg. proply user freindly, easy to ride and bloody quick! . brakes are great if looked after. all went for gsxr, cbr, then ninja then the cat so previous owners tend to be more sensible less likley to track day, wheelie etc

Reply to this Topic
ACEEDSTORM

Oct 10

ACEEDSTORM says:

I had an FZR600R Foxeye,it was a crackin' bike,they ruined it with the Thundercat styling tho.

Reply to this Topic
ally600

May 09

ally600 says:

i loved my srad 600

after sourcing carb needle jets for the mukini carbs ( a must for any srad with low down fueling issues and seem to be running rich :wink:) she ran perfect and gave 160 miles to the tank:biggrin:...............jack the rear up 25mm, refurbish the shock and forks and set them up for you and she felt razor sharp on the twisties:sunglasses:...........upgrade the front brake and she was perfect on track and road :wink::biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
M1kiboy

Dec 02

M1kiboy says:

Cat vrs 2000 ZX6R j1

My Good lady has a Thundercat which she loves.  Got it at a steal.  Took it to BSD to get it set up and it was fine as is showing a healthy 94bhp and a nice curve.

I have a 2000 ZX6R and the Cat is arguably better.  I really like its riding postion and comfort.  The engine can't match the ZX6 but the ZX6 has been superbly set up.  My other gripe on the Cat, is the weight.  It feels much heavier than the ZX6 but I have a feeling its a bit top heavy rather than overall weight.

The Cat is also frugal on petrol consumption with it returning over 80mpg when we were out with a friend who rides slowly.  The ZX6 returned nearly 70 on the same ride.

The handling on the cat is very considering it's 17 years old.  The suspension feels very fresh.

Reply to this Topic
Meatbingo

Jun 12

Meatbingo says:

Thundercat

I have a 98 Cat and it's a great bike. It does everything i ask it to do with no fuss. The only issue i have with it is the poor headlamp reflector. It can make the road disappear for a second as you tip into a bend but hey, it keeps things exciting.

Reply to this Topic
TinkerNZ

Oct 09

TinkerNZ says:

the dream

I've got a 3tj FZR400RRSP with a 97' thundercat and a factory racekit. 100 horsepower at the wheel and149kg (oil no fuel) road legal, it was the bike yamaha should of built.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices