Skip to content

Discuss This Exclusive Pics: Randy de Puniet tests Suzuki MotoGP bike MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Exclusive Pics: Randy de Puniet tests Suzuki MotoGP bike

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Exclusive Pics: Randy de Puniet tests Suzuki MotoGP bike

These are the first pictures of French rider Randy de Puniet making his debut on Suzuki’s new 1000cc MotoGP project at the Twin Ring Motegi track in Japan this week.The current Aspar Aprilia rider has been given special permission by Spanish team boss Jorge Martinez to carry out a series of test and development rides for Suzuki ahead of a...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (24 May 2013 15:59)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
gooutgrinning

Mar 11

Suzuki Moto GP

Can't wait to see this machine perform. BTW, when is MCN going to find a decent developer to sort out the creaky way of showing photos on the web site (even when they are wrecked with the copyright overlay!). Check out the way AutoTrader does it. Not rocket science!

Reply to this Topic
mchale2020

Apr 12

mchale2020 says:

Questions

Does it look like an inline four for the bike? If it is and it's a cross plane, and it's running a counterbalance shaft, that seems to put Suzuki at a disadvantage already as that is one of the advantages of the RCV and why it appears to make more power than the M1 immediately. Just disregard my observations if I'm incorrect, just an amateur (At best) observation.

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

I really hope it's an inline4 screamer! I know the power delivery is too brutal for bikes, but hey it's been about 6 years since Kawasaki treid it with the ZX-RRR. Best sounding bike ever it was. And electronic engine management has moved on. Hell, even in WSBK Melandri's Beemer didn't sound like an inline 4 in the first 3 gears at Assen.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Kevin Cameron..

Good to see some technical discussion and awareness on these boards.

Veteran journalist Kevin Cameron gives his view here. Plenty to chew over.

http://www.cycleworld.com/2013/05/01/2014-suzuki-motogp-prototypes-spied-again/

Reply to this Topic
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

I hope its an inline 4...the gsx-r has always been a good bike...the gsv-r sucked the big one...stick to what you know suzuki and be competitive...and provide research for the road bike...

Reply to this Topic
RidgeRacerHRC

Mar 12

was the last iteration of the GSV-R that bad?? Alvaro isnt an alien by any stretch, but i would have been interested to see someone like Cal on the 800 Suzuki just to gauge his performance. IMO that bike was not bad at all, just needed a quality rider to get the best out of the machine.

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

I hoped it was an inline 4 too, but after looking at some photos off Cycle World, thanks Wosi, I'm not too sure. It looks like the top of the cylinder head is close to the radiator and inclined forwards, so more likely to be a V4 unless the whole engine is inclined forward. A V4 makes better sense on paper, but paper and reality don't always match up.

Reply to this Topic
ImNewHere

May 13

ImNewHere says:

@Carlo

Yes, the screamer ZX-RR sounded amazing, but no bike could ever hold a candle aurally to Regis Laconi's 2002 Aprilia RSV Cube. That thing made my neck hairs stand on end.

Reply to this Topic
bigbashbonanza

Mar 07

The sound of the 800 GSV-R

Was the best sounding bike I've ever heard. On full chat, plus the overrun on breaking...... Open pipes on the V4, fuck, a dribble of precum again!

Reply to this Topic
luckyskua

Jan 11

luckyskua says:

Who gives a fuck

that Randy de Puniet is riding the new GS-X? The idiot has had more DNF and DNS than I've had hot dinners. He is a disgrace to the sport, what happened last week? He crashed again... is Suzuki Racing trying to impress a bunch of fucking junkies?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices