Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Mike12421

May 13

Mike12421 says:

Security to reduce insurance

Hello everyone, 

This is my first post so wanted to stay off by saying hi. 

Apologies if this is in the wrong section but I wanted to ask a question about bike security and insurance. 

I am a new rider and I've just bought myself a Triumph Speed Triple 1050 08-plate and have started looking round for insurance. 

What would you recommend is the best security device(s) that I can get/have installed that would bring down the insurance. The bike will be stored in a secure garage attached to the house, but I also wanted an alarm/immobiliser. 

From what I have seen on the Internet datatool seems to be the biggest name. 

I was just going for advice from people in the know. 

Thanks in advance. 

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (25 May 2013 13:22)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

security

Insurance companies don`t bother so much now about alarms,i`ve had them all (cat1s)and all a pain in the neck.

You should have an immobiliser as standard,in any case the bike can be lifted into a sound proof van.I suggest a garage alarm and an ALMAX series 4 chain (19mm thick links) with a squire padlock with it and ground anchor.  

Reply to this Topic
Mike12421

May 13

Mike12421 says:

Thanks

Thanks I'll give that a look. In the mean time I've bought myself a Oxford Boss Alarm Disc Lock-16mm as I wanted something light to be able to carry around with me. The Almax looks like just the thing I need for home. 

Reply to this Topic
babyrocket

Aug 11

babyrocket says:

same here

with the cat 1 alarms ok when new but a pain in the arse when they get a bit older, best thing i have found bar anything on the security market is a baby monitor, absolutely stonking tool, so good ive actually managed to shoot one thieving scum bag with an air rifle, pity it was only a leg shot twas highly amusing hearing the thwack ,followed by a scream of arrrgh then feet running like fook to get away, available at every mother care outlet and even the most expensive ones are literally a third of the price of a proper bike alarm.

Reply to this Topic
entus

Sep 11

entus says:

CATS

FOOKING CATS.
Loads of the furry little fookers around my area. They keep spraying my bike cover with their scent as if to say 'This is mine,' and ripping it when they do that stretchy clawing thing. It puts me off touching the bike sometimes, nevermind potential bike thieves. I wonder if cat piss is Thatcham approved.....???

That probably doesn't help at all does it Mike?:unsure:

P.S. BR, can you get me one of those Mothercare air rifles, it might solve my cat problem.:wink:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices