Skip to content

Discuss This Sykes storms to another superpole at Donington World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Sykes storms to another superpole at Donington

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Hunt  says:

Sykes storms to another superpole at Donington

Tom Sykes continued his fantastic qualifying run- and added to his growing watch collection - with another Superpole victory here at a sunny Donington park for the European FIM World Superbike Superpole. Leon Haslam posted a promising first lap of 1’29.172 to mark his fastest of his rides all weekend, but it wasn’t enough to secure his place into the second round...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 327 days ago (25 May 2013 16:44)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

The usual suspects..

Love to see Anglo-Frog Guinters put right the wrong of Monza and get the win for Aprilia..it'd be particularly sweet at the track where he suffered such a bad injury.

Camier showing his class where the GSXR isn't so handicapped by it's weak engine.

Haslam is as brave as they come. Best wishes for safe races.

Ducati and their misguided monocoque concept are a laughing stock. Donington used to be a happy hunting ground.

If the weather's as nice as today it'll be ace.

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

With Kawasaki's rear tyre wear sorted this season, i reckon Tom is on for the double this weekend! And i will miss it because both Eurosport 1 and 2 are not showing this live here in Holland. Thanks a lot Eurosport, you fools. There really should be an international Motorcycle racing channel, that shows MotoGp, WSBK , BSB and real road racing. I would hapilly pay 15 euro's a month for such a channel. Put Burnicle and Witham on as commentators, dreaming i guess. But i think there might be a market for it.

Reply to this Topic
noddy61

Apr 13

noddy61 says:

Beer in fridge and Tom and Sam fronting at Donington,Yesssssss.

Think the Ducati suffered more from a blade parked in the middle of a corner then how the chassis is built,damn shame that the gp bike lost the winning monocoque chassis,the chassis Nicky was getting  high points and podiums with.

Wish they would take GPs back to Donny.

Reply to this Topic
cthwaites

Aug 02

cthwaites says:

Faster than Rossi

Today Sykes qualified half a second faster than Rossi in 2009. I know Dorna don't like to put GP and SBK back to back on same tracks....

that's because there's fook all btween the machinery. Ridiing style sure....but gettiing around the circuit, there's just not much beyween the two anymore.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Donny Park..

While I agree with your sentiments Mr.Waites and believe WSB should NOT be able to run multi-strategy race specific electronics, including corner by corner mapping and a host of poncy other rider aids that showroom bikes will never adopt..The Foggy Essses were straightened out with a much faster exit before the circuit re-opened in 2010.

2009, at the last race on the old circuit for WSB..Spies qualified top in 1'29.8" with everyone else in the 30's.

That's 2.5 secs slower than Tom yesterday and the proddy bikes haven't got that much faster in 4 years.

Saying this..back in 2002 Steve Hislop - God Bless - set an outright lap record on the MonsterMob 998 Ducati in BSB QP, beating Rossi's old record on the RC211V, set earlier that year.

Get the GP back there..Silverstone sucks.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/newsresults/General-news/2010/August/aug1310-donington-re-opens/

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
huggydave

Aug 12

huggydave says:

Hope Tom and the Brit lads get good results today, the championships there for 1 of them, Jonny Reas the man with something up his sleeve, hopefully will punt melandri on last corner instead of haslam, good luck lads!

Reply to this Topic
cthwaites

Aug 02

cthwaites says:

Wosihound

Gd point on the cicuit changes....they tend to do that...sacrilege at Assen a few years ago....2 excellent races today

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle