Skip to content

Discuss This WSS Donington: Lowes wins by eleven seconds World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > WSS Donington: Lowes wins by eleven seconds

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Hunt  says:

WSS Donington: Lowes wins by eleven seconds

Sam Lowes stormed to a World Supersport victory at Donington Park with an untouchable 11.1 second lead over second placed, Sofuoglu. In doing so he also beat the lap record of 1’31.094 – set by himself in 2011 – with a fastest time of 1’30.927. With his nearest championship rival, Foret only managing a ninth place and Van De Mark...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (26 May 2013 14:21)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Sam Lowes

Immaculate . I cant get my head round Supersport bikes lapping Donington in 1 min 30 , beggars belief , I remember Hislop did a 1:31.5 in 2002 ,which was faster than MotoGP lap , now a 600cc road bike is doing it .

Reply to this Topic
bluehaze60

Jun 10

bluehaze60 says:

Sam lowes

Bikes are lapping faster, because the Esses have been modified all done by the people who were supposed to modify the track to make it faster

Reply to this Topic
noddy61

Apr 13

noddy61 says:

Superb again from Sam.

Twins here are knocking the F out of each other and they aint on the same track.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Jarvis..you listening?

Sam Lowes would shit Pol Espargaro..

Give him Lorenzo's seat.

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

A big gamble for Sam to sign up for the Yaknich racing R6. But it's paling off big time, good for Sam. Pretty amazing how those R6's come back to haunt the rest of the field. Chaz Davies dusted off a 2 year old R6 and Ruled. I guess it's jus't a good base for racing. It should be the rev counter starts at 10.000 on the road model;-)

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

Oh and by the way, a podium for Mv. I was at the Assen round, and oh it sounds so sweet.

Reply to this Topic
RidgeRacerHRC

Mar 12

r6 has always been a potent track weapon

... coupled with factory assistance and a good team (yaknich, parkingo) its no wonder Chaz, Cal and have won 2 of the last four championships.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
hough

May 11

hough says:

R6

This R6 is one awesome bit of kit. Seeing as its been around since 2006 and remained virtually unchanged bar one minor update, it has to be the best road/ race bike ever produced.

Reply to this Topic
ratchetman

Jun 11

ratchetman says:

Its The rider

As I said after Monza, Sam has really matured as a rider and isnt far behind Crutchlow and Sykes who are world class top 10 riders. OK the bike is good but the Kwaka is Alot quicker in a staight line. So to me Sam could be on the Kwaka and he would still be up their  

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices