Skip to content

Discuss This WSB Donington Race Two: Sykes secures first ever double-podium at Donington. World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > WSB Donington Race Two: Sykes secures first ever double-podium at Donington.

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Steve Hunt  says:

WSB Donington Race Two: Sykes secures first ever double-podium at Donington.

Race two of the European round of the FIM World Superbikes at Donington Park began with Sykes looking to secure his first, ever double-podium and with the locally-based Frenchman, Guintoli looking to maintain his championship points lead. As in race one, Sykes was fast out from the lights and within three laps had broken the lap record that he had set...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (26 May 2013 17:18)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
lovell2576

Jan 08

lovell2576 says:

Great day

Just got back from donington, has to be the first time ever I have been there without it pissing with rain. Great day out, Sam was on fire and so was Tom. Nice to see the brits on top. Really hope Tom and Sam win there championships this year.

Reply to this Topic
huggydave

Aug 12

huggydave says:

Well done lads!

What a fantastic days racing with perfect results, Tom was really on it n if he keeps this kind of riding up the championships his, great by Sam too, hopefully a good wsb ride for u next year, shame about Jonny tea, really thought today would of being a turning point for him, he's not getting enough from that bike n hope he thinks about moving to competitive machinery if doesn't have a new cbr or holmogation rcv to race next yr , well done Tom, keep it up!

Reply to this Topic
Wato45

Oct 12

Wato45 says:

Sykes

Am I only the only who thinks the Suzuki GP team should take a bet on Sykes and give him a ride? He definitely has the speed for it and could work out for them.

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

Yeah Tom, i am well pleased with this result! Kawasaki rules.

Reply to this Topic
huggydave

Aug 12

huggydave says:

Wato

Agree he's defiantly good enough but I'd rather he didn't because I love watching him in wsb, he's good enough to write his name into wsb folklaw with the foggy and Bayliss greats!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Love to see Stoner on a Blade in WSB..he'd probably put it top 10 regular.

No?..let him have a go on the Panigale then.

Reply to this Topic
noddy61

Apr 13

noddy61 says:

WSB

Hey Wosi hadn't ye realised Casey gone fishing,furking fed up wid the polotics of motogp,such a shame :(

But I like ye game of finding ex motogp stars a new role in WSB, a bit like pin the tail on the donkey or this could be find the donkey a seat.Honda? nah burnt bridges,Aprilia?nah Max has scored twice with that lady,Panigale?maybe if he pays Ducat back the 30 million he owes/stole from them.So it's Suzuki, Kawasaki, BMW or rallying

Reply to this Topic
leecho

May 09

leecho says:

well done

tom two mega rides today, me thinks the championship is yours now you can get them tyres to last a race,you might get a few more tenths a lap if you get rid off that rabbit on ya chin, the bmws looked shit today.

Reply to this Topic
ColonelClaw

Nov 12

ColonelClaw says:

Too good

I'm beginning to think that Sykes is a little too good at this WSBK thing to stay for much longer. Suzuki should take a punt on him, or maybe Kawasaki can rob a bank and build him a prototype. Given how he regularly destroys his team-mate, who is known to be pretty sodding quick himself, I think he may have outgrown this series.

I mean no disrespect to WSBK by saying that, I love watching it, but it's not the pinnacle of the sport. In fact, along with BSB, it's the only race series that I can still afford to go and watch in person.

Reply to this Topic
clarkson2197fsworldcouk

Feb 04

class act

Brilliant weekend with Tom and Sam in a class of there own ,

but only 17 Bikes on the Grid ??? for a world championship round

Simply Not good enough for a world Championship ?? at world championship prices

but it was a cracker of a weekend ,

even if you take into account the way Donnington treats it campers and fans. The camp site was run like a prison camp (the security guards were great but following instructions),every one had to remove there cars to a separate park all bikes had to be parked outside the camp site and no barby's allowed (come on we are adults!) with no bear tent no band no shop they lost out on mega money, i just don't understand how they cant seem to come to terms with the concept of looking after the punter ? and they will spend the money at your track ?? and they will tell everyone they had a great time and more will return, pity that as the track is good, Pity Palmer don't run it

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices