Skip to content

YAMAHA Staff Blog: I Can See Clearly Now....... FAZER 8

You are in... Forums > YAMAHA > FAZER 8 > Staff Blog: I Can See Clearly Now.......

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Alison Silcox  says:

Staff Blog: I Can See Clearly Now.......

It’s a couple of weeks without riding for me I’m afraid. After 24 years of being a ‘specy-four-eyes’ I’ve taken  the plunge and had lazer eye surgery. You might wonder why I’m writing about this on my blog and how it relates to my riding the Fazer8, well if you don’t wear glasses you won’t appreciate what it’s like and...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (26 May 2013 20:10)

Post a message in FAZER 8

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Push

Push on the side of your lid with your left hand while using your right hand to hook the glasses over your right ear.  Then switch for the left.  Much easier than trying to thread both pieces over one's ears at the same time.

Reply to this Topic
stripple675

Aug 12

stripple675 says:

wearing glasses is a real pain ..I find that the pressure in the side arms makes my glasses gradually slide down my nose and I am continually having to push them back up.how do others cope with this problem ?

Reply to this Topic
SundayRoast

Oct 11

SundayRoast says:

Why

Great thing to do and from what i have been told from friends, you will wonder why you never did it sooner. As for glasses wearers, why do helmet manufacturers continue to forget this requirement when they design helmets. Surely they could design the sides to allow easy access for the arms to your ear? With a rapidly ageing buyer demographic, there will be greater need for this feature in the coming years. Vision on motorcycles is fundamental. Even Rossi is bemoaning the ability of modern helmets to clear misting (no doubt much to the annoyance of AGV), so come on manufacturers, sort it out. You are upsetting probably 50%+ of your user base for what appears to be a simple design solution.

Reply to this Topic
bikerpete51

Apr 11

bikerpete51 says:

clearing the mist

Yeah, suffered like that for years because an optician had told me I needed long and near sight correction. Years later stopped wearing the distance glasses because my sight is actually quite good for disance so just wear £1.50 reading glasses from wherever for closeup stuff. I remember nightmare night time journeys in pouring rain, rain on the inside of visor, glasses fogging up...horrible. Now I just use a flip front and pinlock insert and hey ! no misting, anywhere.. One bugbear I find with helmets is there isn't enough side vision, so arriving obliquely at a junction I have difficulty getting my head far enough around to see what's coming from my RHS.

Reply to this Topic
burningbush

Jul 09

burningbush says:

Contact lenses

I have disposable contact lenses that I wear whilst on the bike, however I also wear dark sun glasses. Some helmets have a groove in the padding to make specs easier to wear.Worth shopping around and trying a few lids on.

Reply to this Topic
romford4

Oct 05

romford4 says:

Always

fancied having this done, but always been too nervous about letting someone mess with my eyes, so stuck with my contact lens for now.

Alison, did you have LASIK or LASEK?  Knowing someone else that had it done with good results, I'm very tempted, but would have to opt for LASEK as I'd be too worried about the flap being dislodged during contact sports for if I went for LASIK.

Reply to this Topic
alisonsilcox

Apr 04

alisonsilcox says:

Hi romford4 Thanks for your comments on my blog. If you'd like to drop me an email at alison.silcox@motorcyclenews.com I'll give you the full details of the procedure. Cheers Al

Reply to this Topic
domster

Sep 12

domster says:

Contact Lenses

Would never go back to glasses & surgery is neither a permanent fix or risk free but i have found cheaper low water content contacts dry out far less than the more expensive type.

Reply to this Topic
keepitreal288

May 13

clear vision

WD40 on your eyeball woulda probly done the same job! Well it does everything else:-D

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Heat?

I may try a heated visor next winter.

(Since I have a Bell Revolver EVO lid, it is a matter of seconds to change to one of their snowmobile visors.)

Not sure if they sell them in the UK or not: www.motorcycle-superstore.com/14/67/934/47181/ITEM/Bell-Revolver-EVO-Snow-Helmet-Electric-Shield-Kit.aspx

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices