Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

hawk750

Apr 09

hawk750 says:

Margate tomorrow 27th

Margate meltdown Any of ya going?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (26 May 2013 22:38)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
sprag

Aug 02

sprag says:

I went to Margate when I was 13

was 1963 and we [my mum and me] stayed in a boarding house a few minutes walk from the sea front. The old dear who ran the joint cooked up some fantastic grub [her Yorkshire pud was to die for]  I don't recall seeing many bikes but there were plenty of poofs on scooters wizzing about. The fairground was pretty good esp. the big dipper. I saw a thing on TV a while back where the fair was all run down and dilapidated but the geezer doing the voice over said the town council was thinking of getting some outside investors to bung a shed load of bread in the place to make it more like it was way back in the 60's.......... maybe it's been done now??

Reply to this Topic
shaunthesheep52

Dec 12

that old dear

ya recon she,s still alive ?? quite fancy a nice dinner .. specially a yorkie pud ... aint had a sunday dinner for ages ...

Reply to this Topic
shaunthesheep52

Dec 12

had a GIANT kabab

yesterday ... actually weighed 3lb ( 1.5 kg ??? ) bucket loada chips and 10 cans of Kronebourg 1664 .. ( after ride too Ponderosa ) ...jobs a good un ..... had a shit the size of piglet this morning ..sorted

Reply to this Topic
bobsnicholson

Aug 02

Shaun

Too much information.:ph43r:

Reply to this Topic
sprag

Aug 02

sprag says:

I doubt it STS

was 1963 and she was prolly in her 50's so.......... 50 something add on another 50......... so no, she more than like popper her clogs by now.

Reply to this Topic
shaunthesheep52

Dec 12

in her 50's ???

and she was an " old dear " ...hells bells and buckets of dung ..... that makes me an " old bloke " ......... im gutted

Reply to this Topic
shaunthesheep52

Dec 12

gonna have to sell Ninja

and buy some sort of bike " old folk " who piss & shit the bed would buy ..........gutted Sprag .... gutted

Reply to this Topic
hawk750

Apr 09

hawk750 says:

sprag

My family come for Margate & Westgate still have family down there & our claim to fame, we have the oldest family name in Westgate. :sunglasses:

Yep loads of Hols there in the 50's 60's. 

Your on about Dreamland! 
It's still getting rebuilt  Dreamland

Time it fire it up & head out on the highway, back with pics later. 

Reply to this Topic
sprag

Aug 02

sprag says:

I'm an old geezer too [63 in a few weeks time]

And I got the perfect old farts bike...... Triumph Bonneville it is. Almost as good as the Bonnie I had way back when I was 18, even got a set of Goldies on it, sounds great and really pisses a lot of them young farties in their cars when I blast past em esp. if they got their windows/sun roofs open.

Reply to this Topic
shaunthesheep52

Dec 12

" fuck my tin hat "

that IS Sprag on the 1st page ( bottom right ) going down that curly slide ....HELL ...!!!! ...if you look hard you can see up her drawers ....

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices