Skip to content

General A brilliant idea (roundabouts) ruined! General

You are in... Forums > General > General > A brilliant idea (roundabouts) ruined!

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

A brilliant idea (roundabouts) ruined!

Dutch style:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-22350776

I don't think it'll even do cyclists any favours either.

What do you think?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (27 May 2013 11:36)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
smoto5

Mar 09

smoto5 says:

looks complicated and aggravating,

wonder if it works for the Dutch or not? they might think it rubbish too! :hmmm: As usual it's a case of more (regulation) is better, rather than look for simplest solutions, or less is more :smile Studies, I believe in Holland, showed less road markings and signs forced drivers, pedestrians etc. to think more about who had priority, and to take more care what they did.

Reply to this Topic
bobsnicholson

Aug 02

To make things simple

why not just ban ALL cyclist's off the road. They pay eff all, cause all sort's of delay's stuck behind them, they jump red lights and get away with it. They are just an effing nuisance.

Think of the money we would save, medical after knocking them off the bikes, changing round about's, it's a win win.:biggrin: 

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Bob

I reckon a lot of cyclists also own other vehicles and pay road tax ect...... Personally, I tax eight Vehicles ....but only use one at a time.....Now that aint fair.....we got five TV's but only one TV licence...:shock: 

As for the roundabout.....Many accidents will be had if the Tax payers money is wasted on them...... Do they know how congested and cluttered most of our roads are in Britain,  nothing like the empty scene shown above.

Reply to this Topic
bobsnicholson

Aug 02

Snev

Agree with you. I own plenty of cars, bikes etc and i pay tax's ins etc. If i were to own a bicycle i would expect to contribute to the chaos i cause (be handy riding on the pavements like some of these clowns do)

The new roundabout...........daft:ph43r: 

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Daft...Indeed

Recently our Council Spent Tens of thousands on a triple give way to oncoming traffic zone.........You should see how many skid marks there are now...I swear to God...these idiots have no idea whatsoever. They have made a busy road...dangerous, it's only a matter of time until someone gets hurt or worse.

One of the Islands makes you have to give way to oncoming traffic but there are usually about a dozen cars parked on the left and you can't see any oncoming traffic until your'e half way along, which causes a problem for all concerned ...to say little of the rage generated.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Oh yes....

and the funny thing is, It's part of the Fosse Way.......Built by the Romans Centuries ago.:ph43r:

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

vulcanrider

I reckon..... the stupid planner now works in a petrol station I visited, back a while..................:mad:

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

yeah

I heard the Driver of the lorry was sacked and got a job in the Plan.......... fuck me it's him again.... innit?

Reply to this Topic
Diablere

Dec 12

Diablere says:

cycle lanes

apparantly Councils get "x" amount of money from Europe for every 100metres of cycle path they install. now this 100 metres doesn't have to be continuious. i have a 5 metre cycle path just round the corner from me. will take a photo next time i walk past!

this madness will kill more than it saves in my opinion!

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

diablere....

A Motorway and a Hard shoulder were at the bar having a drink when the door bursts open......Motorway turned to his mate and said..."Don't mess with him".....He's a......

CyclePath.......:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices