Skip to content

Ask an Expert Insurance for A2 License holder Insurance

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Insurance > Insurance for A2 License holder

Got something to say?

Got something to say?



Apr 13

Posts: 1

Calum91 says:

Insurance for A2 License holder

Hi, Im a new cat A2 License holder.

I am considering getting a Yamaha XJ6 f diversion as my first big bike. When I do quotes online they are coming back around £600-£700 tpft. 

The bike will be restricted from 76bhp to 47bhp.. however on insurance sites it does not ask if you hold an A, A2 or A1 License, it only asks if you hold a full UK motorbike license.

And also under the modifications it only asks if the bike has been restricted to 33bhp. 

So.. is it the case that they just havent updated this to 47bhp yet or that you dont need to inform them that the bike is restricted if you are an A2 License holder?(Of course I will be restricting either way).

I'm only asking because adding the >40bhp to 33bhp restriction add around £400-£500 on the policy.


Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (27 May 2013 16:24)

Post a message in Insurance

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required


Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)


Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 


Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale


It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices