Go to most recent reply

Kamchat

Aug 02

Kamchat says:

Norzuki

I like......:winkie:

Attached images:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (28 May 2013 21:10)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
52 Black Shadow

Apr 03

Looks lovely........................`

That  looks loveley, but would it really be any lighter or handle better than the original Suzuki frame?  If not surely this is just a cosmetic exercise?

Interested to hear what others think?

Shad.

Reply to this Topic
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

they do say....

that the GSXR1100 was a bit of a pig in the handling department.I think that a lot of these hybrids are more cosmetic, than an exercise in better handling.

Reply to this Topic
Kamchat

Aug 02

Kamchat says:

Thread here ..

with info on the bike and build.....

http://www.oldskoolperformance.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1543

Reply to this Topic
52 Black Shadow

Apr 03

An exercise in better handling ....

These bikes (Cafe racers initially) were built from the desire to combine the best engine and frame available at the time into a bike which went faster and handled better than either donor bike.

Hence the use of the Featherbed frame with engines such as the Triumph, or Vincent.

In this case I'm not sure that's what they've ended up with?

Lovely bike to look at, and I'm sure it draws a crowd if that's what floats your boat, but perhaps not the full Cafe Racer for me.  Will read the article later, thanks for the link.

Shad.

Reply to this Topic
Kamchat

Aug 02

Kamchat says:

Shad

No worries,

You may well be right .. I have no idea how it handles - but it looks fantastic .... and if I was buying 'art' I would rather have some that can be ridden too. :winkie: 

Reply to this Topic
52 Black Shadow

Apr 03

Likewise......................

If I had surplus funds and could afford something beautiful which doesn't have to be practical then I can't think of many nicer things to have on a plinth in the front room than a nicely engineered machine like that.

To be honest, I don't doubt that it handles far better than an original featherbed (either Norton or Triton) with big wheels, modern shocks, modern forks and brakes etc.  My only misgiving is that all of this may be a bit too advanced for the simple steel loop frams, and that the thing that makes it a Featherbed special might be the one failing in the build.

Lovely machine, but perhaps the dsigner got carried away with the idea of a Featherbed special.

Ride safe and keep them coming.

Shad.

Reply to this Topic
Oncas

Aug 13

Oncas says:

Norzuki

Bike is mine and she gets ridden all the time no trailor queen, as for the handling it aint no rice rocket, the frame is a Norton Featherbed, engine bandit 1200 bored to 1216 with gas flowed head polished & ported, kent cams, lock up clutch dual vented with RS38 carbs making 148BHP, frame copes well with the power and weight, she rides well pulls like a train.

Front end is Hayabusa radial with ISR master cylinders, rear is ZRX 1200.
Aesthetically i built her to look like a cafe racer come hot rod and personally i think i got the look just right.

Always good to read other views after all we are not robots

Reply to this Topic
Kamchat

Aug 02

Kamchat says:

Oncas

Hi and welcome to the Forum ...

Congrats on the build .Love what you have created ....it must be wonderful to own and ride a bike so individual and personal that you built yourself.

I'm a tad jealous :winkie:

Reply to this Topic
fogie

Jan 04

fogie says:

norzuki

I think it's a cracker too.  :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
aehewitt

Jan 11

aehewitt says:

Oncas..

We see many pictures of beautiful custom bikes on here..

Yours included,but very rarely get the chance to chat with the builder...:sunglasses:  Theres plenty on this forum that`ll enjoy picking your brains... Best get yourself a beer and a comfy chair..:biggrin:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices