Skip to content

Discuss This McGuinness tests Mugen Shinden TT & road races

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > TT & road races > McGuinness tests Mugen Shinden

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

McGuinness tests Mugen Shinden

John McGuinness tested his new Mugen Shinden electric bike for the first time at Jurby airfield on the Isle of Man today. The 19 times TT winner, who finished second behind Michael Rutter in last year’s TT Zero race, was full of praise for a machine that the Honda-backed team have described as ‘brand new apart from it’s cycle parts’. “The new...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (29 May 2013 09:31)

Post a message in TT & road races

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
MO62

Jan 09

MO62 says:

Weight saving..

Now don't get me wrong McG is God around the IOM circuit as far as I'm concerned, but surely all that weight saving achieved on the Mugen Shinden TT Zero machine could have had far more benefit if someone of more "slender" physical proportions than the big fella was dragging it round or do I have that wrong ??

Reply to this Topic
ColonelClaw

Nov 12

ColonelClaw says:

@MO62

Of course. But then the time you save by having a light rider is lost to the time you gain by employing the greatest living TTer.

If that bike does a 110mph lap then that's a frightening advance in technology. Times they really are a changin.

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

Call me stupid

But cant they attach a dynamo to the front wheel and rear wheel center hub to recharge the battery some how whilst the engine powers it with a chain as it goes along? The wheels must be spinning some at 100mph. Wheres my inventors hat, I am off to the shed.

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

In a word

No , extra weight for dynamos have to be pushed up hill using any power they might recycle and losses in the wiring etc mean added weight and thats all. They could put a pair of brushes under the bike and have power supplies placed strategically around the circuit like in scalextric , for an on the move boost , eventually we might see a day when the electric made by the tyres running along the road could be used

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
jewels

Nov 09

jewels says:

lead

What about a 37.7 mile extension lead,in my opinion its racing for the deaf.

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

But

If you had two battery's or two rows of battery's, then one set of battery's could charge whilst the other drove the engine so driving the wheels, if you could make super efficient small generators using liquid graphite(saw it on horizon), then the whole time the generators were up to speed one set of battery's would charge. So in theory on the open road you would never need to charge as the bike would run its self by switching from one battery set to another to give maximum power to the engine at all times. Liquid graphite generators are only 5 years away apparently so you never know. I might have something here as I checked out some patents last night and it in theory is a feasable solution within a short time. Back to the shed

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices