Skip to content

BMW Staff Blog: Time for new shoes! R1200RT

You are in... Forums > BMW > R1200RT > Staff Blog: Time for new shoes!

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Ian Jubb  says:

Staff Blog: Time for new shoes!

Having just clocked up 3000 miles on the RT the rear is starting to square off and with a trip to France looming I figured it's best to get them switched from the OE Metzeler Roadtec Z8 to the all new Pirelli Angel GT rubber. Turns out I picked a great day to fit the new sports touring tyres - not!It's slinging...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 328 days ago (29 May 2013 15:35)

Post a message in R1200RT

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Liability

For liability reasons, one would think that the tire manufacturers would find a way to remove curing compound from new tires.

Reply to this Topic
taz_of_tazmania

Nov 02

Always the way

Whenever I get new tyres it is invariably raining. Due to get some new Bridgestone T30s on Friday so, although the forecast for where I am is looking good, it will rain. The weather god knows :-)

Reply to this Topic
bikerpete51

Apr 11

bikerpete51 says:

slippy new tyres

Read once on some Swedish guys blog about how they ride on snow with normal tyres, after a good washing to get rid of petroleum deposits which come from riding on tarmac the rest of the year. Maybe a good scrub with detergent would help before going on the roads. It might help get rid of the release agents and plasticizers which are present on a new tyres surface.  Just a thought- any tyre experts here?

Reply to this Topic
Harry44

Jun 07

Harry44 says:

What's the problem?

I rode to work today in the wet with a brand new Battlax on the rear. If you take it steady and gradually increase the bank angle, the release agent soon comes off.

Keep the speed down for a few miles as the new carcass has lots of internal friction and you don't want to get it too hot .

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

It

tends to snow when I get new tyres. It has done this a few times. After surviving the longish trips home I've never been quite so concerned about new tyres - just take it steady.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle