Skip to content

Discuss This Cal Crutchlow threatens to quit Tech 3 over Espargaro deal MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Cal Crutchlow threatens to quit Tech 3 over Espargaro deal

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Cal Crutchlow threatens to quit Tech 3 over Espargaro deal

Cal Crutchlow’s frustration with Yamaha’s long-running pursuit of Spanish Moto2 rider Pol Espargaro could see him quit the satellite Monster-backed Tech 3 squad at the end of 2013. The British rider is adamant that his number one option for 2014 is to remain in the French-based Monster Yamaha Tech 3 squad but on a contract direct with Yamaha in Japan. That is...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (30 May 2013 18:28)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

I suspect the negotiations are on hold until Pol improves on his 5th in what is a lightweight moto2 championship. Outside the two official factory teams Cal should be first on everyones list.. He's miles quicker than Bradl and Bautista and he'd be more than happy with their bikes, I suspect they are a little better than the factory yam at the mo..The suzuki wasn't too bad either in it's last incarnation.. Cals real issue is that he seems to want to settle for a factory honda or yam only, and that my friend is plain daft..

Reply to this Topic
aintnothin

Apr 12

aintnothin says:

Crutchlow, etc.

Fact is, Nicky rides the Ducati pretty well and doesn't crash a lot.  Poor kid has kept his mouth shut and tried his best and I think deserves another couple years on the bike before retirement.

Perhaps Spies goes to Suzuki for whom he rode in AMA Superbike, and Crutchlow goes there as well, or takes Spies' ride on the Duke.

Reply to this Topic
WillRTW

May 13

WillRTW says:

money...

Cal wants a decent wage... he is an athlete/performer at the top of his game... a game with a short life span. He also see's other riders around him on far better deals,  and he is performing better than most of them... like the rest of us he has an ego... plus a need to secure his future when the racing stops. Makes sense to me.

Reply to this Topic
RevNutz

Jan 13

RevNutz says:

Solution

Even though I think Espargaro is slightly overrated I think he's good enough to be in MotoGP, so Tech 3 should have Cal and Pol on the Tech 3 satellite bikes. Yamaha have announced they will lease four engines to privateer teams like Marc VDS, Pons and Italtrans but I reckon Tech 3 should get Smith on a Tech 3 chassis with a Yamaha engine, if Tech 3 are willing too, end their Moto2 project and focus on having a 'junior' MotoGP team like the Pramac Racing team have with Ducati.

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

willrtw and revnutz

Welcome fellas... and with two very sensible posts. Nice one bud.

Reply to this Topic
v2kiwi

Mar 04

v2kiwi says:

It,s an absolute

DISGRACE that YAMAHA should put any one before Cal in any of their estimations. His RIDING has spoken loud enough  , it,s also disappointing DORNA is nt pushing to retain the best BRIT in years on a FACTORY bike, as they do with every Spanish rider it seems. At the end of the day there are 4, possible 8  bikes capable of winning. The chances of any out siders coming along and winning a WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP are nil. The CRT THING was a good idea  if you wanted a true WORLD championship so riders from Brazil, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand , Russia, or where ever could be competitive on an affordable bike, but the way it is only 2-3 guys will ever get the chance to ride the right bike in any given season, and we call that a WORLD championship, it,s no better than world series Baseball , (only the yanks are in it ) but the politics of racing have already decided who has a chance to win before the season begins. Cal has beat the odds on a non factory bike so far this year and I personally would nt like to see any thing more a couple of victorys just to be able to raise one finger in the direction of those that deserve it.

Reply to this Topic
Anonymous

Anonymous  says:

Honda's?

Sorry if this has already been mentioned, don't have the time to read all of the previous comments...

Surely Cal would be a good bet for one of the Satellite Honda squads of LCR and Gresini?  Bautista and Bradl have not performed at this level, especially the former.  Realise the nationality/politics are the big factors here but surely these teams expect better results when they look at their package vs that of Tech 3?  Scott Redding should also be a target for one of these teams as he could be a major player in MotoGP in the future.

Reply to this Topic
yzrm1

Jan 11

yzrm1 says:

CC

it seems all the complaining for years have helped Cal pretty much! he treatens to leave? why isn't he leaving allready? i wouldn't want to work with someone who's always complaining. But what does Cal want? first it was : could have would have should have. then even when the season hasn't started he starts complaing about the bike because it isn't factory????? well he must be BLIND because he signed with tech3 and not wih the factory. He almost left yamaha in 2012 because he wanted a factory ride, a factory ride that cant compeat with tech3. So he should be pretty happy with what he has. Ducati refuse Cal over Dovi after letting Cal believe it was all set and done!, i don't hear Honda saying WE WANT CAL.!!!! So Duc didn't want him, Honda don't want him!!! and he's complaining about hi's ride!!!! how F*cking stupid can you be?!!!! All factory's now can see that if it isn't how Cal wants it he starts complaining/screaming shouting and dissrespect other riders, so ofcourse nobuddy wants him. and he's burning hi's only bridge he has right now.

Reply to this Topic
AussieInSUI

Mar 13

AussieInSUI says:

eh ?

Cal says... "In all honesty what has Pol done? He beat Marc last year on a bike that was twice as good as Marc's." I think this comment does not deserve a responce.

Reply to this Topic
missisj

Jun 13

missisj says:

No to Pol!

I don't blame Cal for being angry, he has more than proved himself and why should Pol get a Factory ride over Cal? It doesn't make sense, Redding is doing far better than Pol at the moment so why are Yamaha even entertaining Pol?  So he beat Marc last year on a bike twice as good as Marc's, whoop dee doo, Cal is keeping up with the Aliens and ahead of Rossi! Does that mean Cal should be overlooked and treated so shoddily?

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices